+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Reload Thread: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

  1. #1
    kmu's Avatar
    kmu
    kmu is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tucson, Az...
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    Guys, what 8" sub do you guys suggest for running at 375 rms daily driving on a ported box no larger than 1.2 cf3 gross, would like to port it around 32 hz to get the best low end possible.

    Would a SA8v3 work on 375 rms on a large ported box (1.2 f3 gross) to compensate for the lower wattage?

    Im looking Into the best SQL possible with the best output in the low end frequency.



    2015 Jeep WK2


    In the works...




  2. #2
    Lbetts818's Avatar
    Lbetts818 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midland mi
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    Sundown e8v5 would be happy on that power and still sound good. No need to spend extra coin on the sa when the e8v5 is right on par with the early model sa8s




  3. #3
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is online now CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2710 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    Incriminator Audio 8 I Series 300RMS 8" Subwoofer - SSA STORE i'd say go with this but idk if your power is enough, maybe in the bigger box it would be F8L 8" Sound Solutions Audio 8" 650W F8L Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule

  4. Thanks denim thanked for this post
    Likes denim, Lbetts818 liked this post
  5. #4
    Lbetts818's Avatar
    Lbetts818 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midland mi
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    SSA Store - SUNDOWN AUDIO E8V5 SUBWOOFER 300W E SERIES (SUNDOWN AUDIO E8V5)

    Op spend 10$ more than the ia and go e8. I’ve ran e8s, skar vvx 8s and sundown sa 8s and the e is a great driver for the price. Had 4 in 4 cubes tuned to 29 and they crushed some decaf.




  6. Likes denim liked this post
  7. #5
    kmu's Avatar
    kmu
    kmu is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tucson, Az...
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    Quote Originally Posted by Lbetts818 View Post
    SSA Store - SUNDOWN AUDIO E8V5 SUBWOOFER 300W E SERIES (SUNDOWN AUDIO E8V5)

    Op spend 10$ more than the ia and go e8. I’ve ran e8s, skar vvx 8s and sundown sa 8s and the e is a great driver for the price. Had 4 in 4 cubes tuned to 29 and they crushed some decaf.

    Do you have any info on that box for 4 E8s? Im interested in doing a similar set up



    2015 Jeep WK2


    In the works...

  8. #6
    kmu's Avatar
    kmu
    kmu is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tucson, Az...
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    My other option would be to start with the smaller amp and upgrade to a larger amp somewhere down the road, I would need to find a 2,000 rms amp at 1ohm that would not require major electrical upgrades on my Grand Cherokee.

    I got a NVX 1200 amp which does 1,200 rms at 1 ohm, Sonic Electronix certified it at 1,384 watts, don't know exactly how much it will do in my car, but estimating it will be around 1,125 rms at 1.3 ohms if I do 3 SA8v3s.

    I could start with this amp and then upgrade if I felt necessary.



    2015 Jeep WK2


    In the works...

  9. #7
    THATpurpleKUSH's Avatar
    THATpurpleKUSH is offline Smoke weed everyday



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banging gears and passing queeers
    Posts
    5,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2336 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    AB XD8 or Sundown E8v5

    Both model up nearly the same in 1cf at 32hz. The Sundown is slightly louder above 30hz the AB is slightly louder below 30hz.

    Pick your poison.




  10. #8
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6181 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    Quote Originally Posted by kmu View Post
    My other option would be to start with the smaller amp and upgrade to a larger amp somewhere down the road, I would need to find a 2,000 rms amp at 1ohm that would not require major electrical upgrades on my Grand Cherokee.

    I got a NVX 1200 amp which does 1,200 rms at 1 ohm, Sonic Electronix certified it at 1,384 watts, don't know exactly how much it will do in my car, but estimating it will be around 1,125 rms at 1.3 ohms if I do 3 SA8v3s.

    I could start with this amp and then upgrade if I felt necessary.
    When you say major electrical upgrades, you mean like adding batteries/HOI alt? If your planning to run more watts later, I would advise to at least do the big 3 1st before adding audio. And depending upon your vehicle, some of the bigger suv's have higher amperage alts....so you might be ok with that. But def an AGM battery up front tho, unless you have a good battery already.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  11. #9
    denim's Avatar
    denim is offline SSAudio.com



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SSA HQ East
    Age
    41
    Posts
    29,140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    My biased vote is for our SSA F8L as soon as it gets back in stock.





    CarAudio.com mod(original)

  12. #10
    kmu's Avatar
    kmu
    kmu is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tucson, Az...
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    When you say major electrical upgrades, you mean like adding batteries/HOI alt? If your planning to run more watts later, I would advise to at least do the big 3 1st before adding audio. And depending upon your vehicle, some of the bigger suv's have higher amperage alts....so you might be ok with that. But def an AGM battery up front tho, unless you have a good battery already.
    Yes from major electrical upgrades I meant a larger alt (don't want to mess around with the warranty) my stock alt is 220 amps, I would do the big 3 and an AGM battery also.

    ---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    My biased vote is for our SSA F8L as soon as it gets back in stock.
    Thanks for the suggestion, won't I be under powering them with only 375 watts rms each?



    2015 Jeep WK2


    In the works...

  13. #11
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6181 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    I think they can handle 600 or 800 rms.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  14. #12
    denim's Avatar
    denim is offline SSAudio.com



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SSA HQ East
    Age
    41
    Posts
    29,140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)

    Re: Need suggestions for 8" ported sub on 375 rms

    During prototyping, I threw between 240 watts up to 1200 watts on the F8L.





    CarAudio.com mod(original)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum