Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Which sub out of the 3

Hello i am looking for your guys thoughts on 3 subwoofers.I live in canada and i picked these on ebay. The reason i decided on ebay is that some sellers use ebay international shipping program. Which is way cheaper then other methods . The companies that sell the very popular brands such as sundown soundqubed dc audio ampre ct audio legion and so on do not offer international shipping . Which is very expensive. So here are the 3 subs that i choose and hoping for info on .
    Massive audio gtx 12 114.00 plus 32 shipping
    American bass xfl 12 198.00 plus 70.82 shipping
    American bass tnt 164 plus 36.00 shipping. This is in cad doller . Looking to get a pair . The amp will be a earthquake phd2 or hifonics brutus elite 2200.1. Some help on amp choice would be nice . They are already purchased

BOOMINGRANDPA is online now YEAH I'M A CHEAP BAST*RD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1299 Post(s)

Re: Which sub out of the 3

xfl is best outta those i do like way the tnt looks., i will throw out sundown SA bstock ($175) at car audio bargain but idk about shipping to u (cause i was about to ask if i should get that or FI alpha 12 myself)

KENWOOD X301 HU , PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12 (prefab until box is built) , soundqubed 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1299 Post(s)

do u have those amps? if not let us show u others.. the eq looks to be 600 max and idk about the hifi if it does rated power it maybe close the 1700 tested at 1199rms so maybe the 2k does 1500rms or so maybe..

KENWOOD X301 HU , PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12 (prefab until box is built) , soundqubed 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

kr15 is offline Polluting Residentials

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1098 Post(s)

Xfl

Team Flex Issues
    Temp Setup- 2 jvf custom ssx 12s on rd3250.1 v1
    Xs Power/Hertz/Image Dynamics
    REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4601 Post(s)

So you bought 2 separate amps already?

People doing things assbackwords nowadays. They buy audio then make a thread and ask our opinion on it.

97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

rp69 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

The amps are purchased the numbers on the hifonics shpuld be 1700 true rms and around 2200rms dynamic. The earthquake have not seen any numbers . But used to be very popular. I tried cab for sundown for 2 sa sundown . The shipping was crazy. Gust wondering if anybody knows private shipping rates for two subs to ca

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Are the massive a bad choice they are price friendly for me. Is there any pair of 12 out there for sale used

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1299 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rp69 View Post
    The amps are purchased the numbers on the hifonics shpuld be 1700 true rms and around 2200rms dynamic. The earthquake have not seen any numbers . But used to be very popular. I tried cab for sundown for 2 sa sundown . The shipping was crazy. Gust wondering if anybody knows private shipping rates for two subs to ca
    my 1st amp was EQ like 20 yrs ago 280 watt 2 channel.. rates to ca from where? man those massives i'm guess they be ok they are copies of like 8 other subs, probably be ok if u don't overpower them or under power them and clip amp or put them in to small ported box or tune it to high or use to small port., xfl even tnt lots better..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    my 1st amp was EQ like 20 yrs ago 280 watt 2 channel.. rates to ca from where? man those massives i'm guess they be ok they are copies of like 8 other subs, probably be ok if u don't overpower them or under power them and clip amp or put them in to small ported box or tune it to high or use to small port., xfl even tnt lots better..
    Cad doller Canadian dollar

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6637 Post(s)

there is no amp dyno on the amps you listed bud. Use something other then hifonics or earthquake.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    there is no amp dyno on the amps you listed bud. Use something other then hifonics or earthquake.
    Got the hifonics specs from utube smd video. Same model but the 1700.1. It did 1200 true rms and little over rated on dynamic . So i guesstemated the 2200.1 would be about 500 rms less making it 1700true rms and over 2200 at dynamic . The eathquake phd2 has tons of info on internet. Most saying strong amp does 2000rms at 2ohms and loved buy spl competitors. Some say will go up in smoke. But i am thinking running it at 2ohms is safe . Kinda what i read

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6637 Post(s)

Got the hifonics specs from utube smd video. Same model but the 1700.1. It did 1200 true rms and little over rated on dynamic . So i guesstemated the 2200.1 would be about 500 rms less making it 1700true rms and over 2200 at dynamic . The eathquake phd2 has tons of info on internet. Most saying strong amp does 2000rms at 2ohms and loved buy spl competitors. Some say will go up in smoke. But i am thinking running it at 2ohms is safe . Kinda what i read
    There's several other facts you need to consider about hifonics amps. They dont do any power at lower voltage at all. That 1700 amp did only 1199 at 14.95 volts at a normal charging system where you get normal drops down to high 12s to 13s, actual power output is closer to 1000 for that 1700. Not to mention hifonics amps has a horrible roll off after 28hz. Not just my own experience every hifonics amps swaps i've performed with other amps, have proved this with nothing changing other than the amp.

Those earthquake shredders were considered good at the time, they are extremely obsolete by today's standards along with the parts and internal components nearing the end of their lifespan after all these years.

Theres good reasons why I said those amps are poor choices. Name a budget and we'll find you a proper amp instead.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    There's several other facts you need to consider about hifonics amps. They dont do any power at lower voltage at all. That 1700 amp did only 1199 at 14.95 volts at a normal charging system where you get normal drops down to high 12s to 13s, actual power output is closer to 1000 for that 1700. Not to mention hifonics amps has a horrible roll off after 28hz. Not just my own experience every hifonics amps swaps i've performed with other amps, have proved this with nothing changing other than the amp.

Those earthquake shredders were considered good at the time, they are extremely obsolete by today's standards along with the parts and internal components nearing the end of their lifespan after all these years.

Theres good reasons why I said those amps are poor choices. Name a budget and we'll find you a proper amp instead.
    Budget is 400.00 usd . Was looking at synargy and twisted sounds on the ssa store. Any other opinions would be nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6637 Post(s)

Budget is 400.00 usd . Was looking at synargy and twisted sounds on the ssa store. Any other opinions would be nice
    those two brands are MILES AND MILES better than what you were looking at. ZERO comparison. a synergy wfo 15.1 and TS1.8KW are WAY better choices then the other two junk amps. Quality built underrated Korean amps vs overrated cheap chinese and outdated dinosaurs.

hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3613 Post(s)

This is a bit hard to follow, but does OP already own the two amps? I wouldn't buy either unless it was a really crazy deal. IIRC the old Earthquake was only 2 ohm stable so you really pigeonhole yourself for amp choices down the road when it fails from old age.

Also I believe Incriminator distributes in Canada, any of their products should be good quality and perform as advertized. If you're only looking to run 1200-1500W consider running 1 higher end woofer of a larger size over 2 smaller lower quality ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast