Closed Thread

Reload Thread: just a lil' competition round here....need help!!!

traksta15 is offline I love lamp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon9 just a lil' competition round here....need help!!!

how ya doin??i have a 87 chevy reg. cab, my current system is down below....not to impressive is it??i got it before i was really into car audio and frankly, it needs to be put out of its missery...ok, i have some friends that have systems, and i wanna be the best, not just out of them but have a fairly decent system, i live in a town of about 30,000 and theres like 2 car audio shops, but theyre all way overpriced...about my friends, 1 has 2 10" solobarics with 2 kicker 400.1 amps (400x1), the other has 2 audiobahn high excursions with 1 rf power 800 amp, (400x2), the other has 2 audiobahn flameq's with a alpine 800 amp (400x2) i think, the two a-bahn kids underpower their subs a bit, but the solo's are by far the best system of the two...everybody down here thinks the farther away you can hear someone the better their system, ive tried to explain to them about sq, and about how a-bahn isn't that good in sq, but they all love audiobahn for some reason, im sorry about the long post, but im almost through....here's where i need your help, i need a system that will beat them out, i can't fit 2 12" solos so don't suggest it....what sub(s) should i get, what amp(s), i wanna be different than everyone else, so i'm not gettin comp's or comp vr's, my range is about 100-200 for subs,i would pay a lil more for one really good sub, 200-300 for amp(s), lil more for one really good one....any help would be greatly appreciated, and please don't make this thread about which sub is better than the other, i want advice not an argument, once again any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Kenwood ddx712
    boston acoustics z6
    arc audio 300.4
    40 sq ft damplifier

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: just a lil' competition round here....need help!!!

I can hook you up with a 15" Power Bass Extreme. If your interested, PM me.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

somekook is offline only 15"s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

one solobaric l7 fifteen and a hifonics bx1500d can be had shipped from ebay for around 500. thats the loudest system i could think of in that range. will beat the pants off 2 10" kicker compvrs in a half decent install.

Shinobi is offline Speaker no Jutsu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I know you are leaning towards solo's but personally i think u can do better , I would give this a thought 2 RE 12's or 10 's ur choice both in a single 1.5^3 box
    ported to about 30hz with a hifonics bx1000D all for under 500$ . wel maybe over after ur materials for the boxes . Anyway I've owned a 1985 chevy fullsize single cab and ive had 2 memphis 12's sealed 1 cube each with planet audio 600.2 good system but ive grown to want more also i sold my truck and getting an extended cab or car . anyway but 3 cubes of space should be easy for behind the seat i na tuck box style just a lil longer . Obly problem may be amp location but since its class D it stays cool so under the seat is ideal.

somekook is offline only 15"s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi
    I know you are leaning towards solo's but personally i think u can do better , I would give this a thought 2 RE 12's or 10 's ur choice both in a single 1.5^3 box
    ported to about 30hz with a hifonics bx1000D all for under 500$ . wel maybe over after ur materials for the boxes . Anyway I've owned a 1985 chevy fullsize single cab and ive had 2 memphis 12's sealed 1 cube each with planet audio 600.2 good system but ive grown to want more also i sold my truck and getting an extended cab or car . anyway but 3 cubes of space should be easy for behind the seat i na tuck box style just a lil longer . Obly problem may be amp location but since its class D it stays cool so under the seat is ideal.
    i think he wants more spl than sq.... if you want the most spl for your money.... l715" and bx1500d

VOA_NIGHTMARE is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got (2) 12w6v2 jl audios in a box with 2 amps I am getting rid of. Check the classifieds here. They are loud, but best of all sound very clean. I like them because I am only 23 and I listen to all kinds of music rap hard rock altern country etc. I dont have my system for just one type of music.I dont know what you are lookn to get but I use to do my systems just on rap and low bass and that got kind of hard to have for a street system, just because when I listend to my other music it sounded like crap, so just think about that while you are gona do you system.

Ref List........seth350 REq mabel4life foreman ThumpInDaTrunk DOHCrazy bigwheel15 Naxis2k1 Gaffney982 Exploder 97 kustyn727 Termlab its_bacon12 Ecko072Unltd Nikuk nikosbuddy dbman150 cardinalsfan jeremyzach

jester7500 BUMPING150S JackFrost Mark Garcia PDizzle2oo5 valeech Raven KngOfThePkngLot thunder9500 apw122 Niggz89 springy101 Viper118 _DjScrew_ PepsiFiend69 diatribe XtrmAudioCncpts raven2201 slick rick bjfish11 wj94
    diatribe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You know ur prolly right but did you consider mounting dpeth you have very little spave to work with in a single cab and that makes ur boxes even smaller a 15 would have you on ur steering wheel and sub against the seat which is very uncool to hear a sub slapping the cloth on the back of ur seat . But im jsut sayign take all this into account u cant jsut tell the guy a sub and expect it to work for his space limitations i mean unless he wants to start cuttin into the bed which i doubt thats just more money .

Exploder 97 is offline Monte Carlo SS now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

take out pasenger seat,,,,

-------------
    2000 Monte Carlo SS
    Head unit- Alpine 9853
    Front- Alpine Type-R 6 1/2 Comps
    Rear- Alpine Type-R 6x9
    Subs- 2x12 Swiss Audio 1291's
    High Amp- Alpine Alpine MRV-F345 75x4 @ 4 ohm
    Sub Amp- Concept 2400@1ohm
    Box- 4.4 cubes @ 32 hz
    Big 3 - 1/0
    1/0 wire to Amps
    10.2 widescreen w/ dvd player

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Wel lconsidering that year chevy used Bench seats that aint happening but , he could install bucket seats and put somthign i nthe middle but , that would cost more money then his system would visible and trageted for theft more easy. thats more money for an alrm system . i think he's working o na budget so its rough .

Closed Thread