Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: dd 9500 15"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 dd 9500 15"?

my friend is doing a simular project to me, he is putting a few subs in a big ported box in the bed of his truck. he asked me if the dd 9500 15" where the best 15's for around 450-500 buck range, i told him yes but im not 100% sure (inhumans are exaclty the same but hes running it off a rf 1500.1 amp at in runs at 2 ohm (they only run at 4 and 1 and i dont trust rf to run at stable mono at 2 ohm to run the inuman)

The pic below is of the 300 oz magnet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dd 9500 15"?-300oz.jpg  

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    trust taht RF, lol.
    not only will he have great amps, but he will also have the beneift of extremely obscure subs, lol.
    and i hear they sound amazing....

MSN - [email protected]
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you don't trust that RF to run a 2 ohm stable. you obviously have NO experience with RF amps then. i'm running a 1000.1 in my car and it will run a stable 2 ohms all day night, hell i drove to dallas (3 hours) had my system on the whole time and that bad boy didn't cut out once at 2 ohms mono. anyway not trying to be mean just saying they can do it all day long.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

Ricky Nichols is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes i am a bit of a newbie. so the dd are the right job for my friends aplication. the dd's work at 2 ohm anyway so no problem there. i was told that that 1500.1 amp wouldnt push those dd's but there rms is 1200.

bigbassman is offline Master of all things loud bigbassman is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ricky Nichols
    yes i am a bit of a newbie. so the dd are the right job for my friends aplication. the dd's work at 2 ohm anyway so no problem there. i was told that that 1500.1 amp wouldnt push those dd's but there rms is 1200.
    DD has several coil options on their woofers.. dual 4,2.1.5,1 and a couple other "special" options...

the 1500 will be absolutely fine at 2 ohm mono, since it's designed to put full power into that load...

and it will push a 9515 perfectly.. whoever told you otherwise, needs educated in DD woofers..

Loyd L.

SQL Prolly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    finally i was right about something on this freakin website. and yes that 1500 would run that sub perfectly. me myself i'm totally changing my setup getting rid of my 4 12"s and going with 2 MA audio Sy series i believe is the series name anyway it's the top of the line comp. subs, the 1500 rms 3000max dual 2 ohm, running off 2 of their 1800X series amps. i just need the cash for them trying to sell my setup now. anyway yeah that will thump hard. you ever got question's on DD subs ask bigbassman i think he has more experience with them then anyone on here.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

Ricky Nichols is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for all the help guys. i might ditch my old setup and put four of those subs and four of those amps (i havnt heard one complaint about the dd's), on the box i was thinging 6-7 cubes but m not sure, i dont care if i have any use of my bed (only thing it will have is a airtank for airride and thats it)

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

perferctly? not quite.....

Originally posted by bigbassman
    it will push a 9515 perfectly.. whoever told you otherwise, needs educated in DD woofers..
    hmm.....perfectly? Not quite. The 9515 can take more than double its rated power. Give it 1500RMS & even though its rated at around 1200RMS its like feeding a starved bull on 10 grains of rice a day - it will eat it all up and be hungry for mre. To get the best out of the 9515 you wil need at least 2000RMS.......if u gonna give it less, may as well stick with the 3515 as these are just like the now stopped 9000 series and will ciope quite well with 1500RMS.

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Before the demise of my S-10 I was running two dd9515's and four bd1500.1's. They handled the power just fine. But I wouldn't suggest anywhere near that kind of power for everyday bumping Unless you like that queazy feeling in your stomach, and enjoy your ears ringing

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

bigbassman is offline Master of all things loud bigbassman is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: perferctly? not quite.....

Originally posted by jtmoney

hmm.....perfectly? Not quite. The 9515 can take more than double its rated power. Give it 1500RMS & even though its rated at around 1200RMS its like feeding a starved bull on 10 grains of rice a day - it will eat it all up and be hungry for mre. To get the best out of the 9515 you wil need at least 2000RMS.......if u gonna give it less, may as well stick with the 3515 as these are just like the now stopped 9000 series and will ciope quite well with 1500RMS.
    . YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PUT 2000 WATTS ON A DIGITAL DESIGN 9515 TO ACHIEVE GOOD PERFORMANCE

just because it can hold that much power, does not mean you have to give it that much. Just like you don't have to run a viper at 150 mph all day, for it to be a fast car. I've seen install's running 9500's with 400 watts, powerfully loud, and sonically impressive. In fact, the 9500 series is the most efficient woofer that DD has.

If you are going to strickly compete with the woofer, by all means dump as much power as you can afford. but if you expect the 9515 to hold up in a daily driver with anything over 2.5kw.. I've got pics to prove you wrong. I'm one of the few, and proud members of the "tore the **** out of a 9515 club"

I wouldn't suggest you put 1500 watts on a full time basis on a 3515 either... will not hold up. I can **** mine off with 1k and and tones if I try hard enough.

while I'm at it.. the 9000 was a more powerful, and durable woofer than the 3500 will ever be... the only reasons DD is dropping the 9000 line, is..

1. saving money by not having to order special sized magnet rings, top plates, and backplates for the 9000 line, since they used a different style then either of its brothers.

2. DD is making room for the expansion of the 9900 lineup...

And yes, if you are wondering.. I've installed, and played with the 2000, 3500, 9000, and 9500 lines...

Loyd L.

SQL Prolly

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Re: perferctly? not quite.....

If you are going to strickly compete with the woofer, by all means dump as much power as you can afford. but if you expect the 9515 to hold up in a daily driver with anything over 2.5kw.. I've got pics to prove you wrong. I'm one of the few, and proud members of the "tore the **** out of a 9515 club"

Loyd L.

Welcome to the club The first one I bought didn't like tones with four bd1500's on each coil

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: perferctly? not quite.....

[B] just because it can hold that much power, does not mean you have to give it that much. Just like you don't have to run a viper at 150 mph for it to be a fast car.

If you are going to strickly compete with the woofer, by all means dump as much power as you can afford [B]
    i will deal with point 1 first. its true you dont have to drive a viper@150mph for it to be a fat car. but why then buy a viper if u want to drive@30mph (possibly for posing, yes thats true). but subs arent for posing, they are for playing. if u plan to run 400-500rms on a dd9500 then why dont u get a 3500 series instead which will be better for the power demands mentioned. the sub should run atits optimum, ie. no point underrunning it. its like buying ferrari & garaging it for the rest of its life, taking it out once a week, washing it, and driving it back in. no.

point 2 - from what i gather, Ricky Nichols does plan to use it fore SPL purposes, in which case, as i said before, lots of power, around 2000RMS per 9500 is a good number, not too much & not too little. and another thing, if u put a big amp up a sub, then u can turn the gain right down, u will have less distortion up to a certain point and the curent draw will be less too.

thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey jtmoney disagreeing with bigbassman on DD subs is just retarted. i mean he has used them probably more than anyone else on here. that's like disagreeing with audiolife or jlaine on adire products. and i know if i had a ferrari i wouldn't use it as an every day driver, why spend 200,000 on a car and drive it every day when you could get hit by some dumb teenager running a red light and total it. ferrari's aren't everyday driver's that why people who have them typically have 2 cars there ferrari and there everyday driver. basically all he is saying is that 1 bd1500.1 will run that sub fine, maybe the guy wants to start out with that and then bump up the power eventually people do that ya know. i know i started with 1 1000 watt RF and now i am working on getting my 2nd MA audio 1500X. so he may start bumping up the watts just not enough cash flow right now.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so you were telling him to get at least 2k watts, eh?
    well with 1 bd1500, hes getting like 1600-1700 lol.
    close enough?
    should push ANY sub fine.......
    at elast as a daily river...

MSN - [email protected]
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i forgot about RF underrating their amps. yeah my 1000 watt put out close to 1400 i think it was like 1350. so yeah he needs about 200 more than what that amp will most likely put out. i forgot about that good thinkin wonderbread.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast