Closed Thread

Reload Thread: best subs to buy

McAvoy is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 best subs to buy

i was wondering what subs today are the best to buy. i was intrested in lighting audio and fusion subs. i just need someones opinion

derekls is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There no one answer to that one ..........its just really what you prefer....SQ , SPL, etc....

RF, JL, MTX, Infinity, there are a lot of good ones

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i swear i've been on this chat room for like 3 months now and i have seen at least 20 threads asking this same question. it's all opinion, nothing fact. there never will be a best subwoofer in a general standpoint. it's all about what you like and the price you want to spend.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

b16_na is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in all seriousness, lighting audio is really coming up, mainly an SPL line, they used to be underdogs, as far as fusion goes, maan do these subs sound like crap, they are totally overrated and they are really knock off subs, i had a friend order 2 fusion 12's at cardiscountstereos.com and the surround was deteriorating from the cone, id go with lighting audio for sheer quality purposes

Eleazer is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by b16_na
    in all seriousness, lighting audio is really coming up, mainly an SPL line, they used to be underdogs, as far as fusion goes, maan do these subs sound like crap, they are totally overrated and they are really knock off subs, i had a friend order 2 fusion 12's at cardiscountstereos.com and the surround was deteriorating from the cone, id go with lighting audio for sheer quality purposes
    Doesnt RF make Lightning? If you cover up the center of the cones on a Z and on a Bolt sub, they look strikingly alike.

BassiKLowZ is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    RF bought out Lightining audio but they two completely different subs. The features, ratings, and materials used are not simular at all. It just means that lightining audio now has better engineers working on the prducts. The Bolt series are only good for SQ applications (for the buck) but there is a hell of alot better out there. The Strike series are good. AMPS ARE AWESOME. Subs again are decent for the buck, but there is still alot better out there. The strike series subs create nice levels of bass at low tones while stile hanging onto SQ. They arent much for powerhandiling though and they tend to be slightly overrated. Just push them at their RMS with a nice clean amp and the results are satisfying. The storm series Subs are very good. They take a nice amount of power, fat bow surround on an extended motor and they handle LOW frequencies very nice, not to mention a very good excursion rate, bu they are BIG $$$$$ and to some not worth paying the price of the product.

There is no best sub out though. You can take just about any sub and make it sound good under the right applications and designs. Its all just a matter of opinion. The best thing to do is to go out and try to listen to as many as you can and make a purchase decision based on what sounds good to your ears take care

dreamer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm getting a pair of IDMAXs. I hope they're good. They seem good from all the reviews and stats. I got them because I couldn't afford the $379 each of the brahma subs from Adire audio. I probably should have waited and got the brahmas. From what I hear, either sub is capable of high SPL and SQ too.

BassiKLowZ is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The ID max's are killer subs bro, you CANT go wront with them... lata

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    where did you find IDMAX's for less then that my man?? i can't even get them for cheaper than 380 a piece unless i talk to my friends cousin. anyway where you getting them at.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

dreamer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got the IDMAXs for cheap from a dealer that I know. I gotta wait a while to get the subs, but I gotta front the money so he can order them, they're like 2 weeks behind. If you want more detailed info, please email me revel@earthlink.net

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the idmax will hang with a brama..although a brahma has more a$$ end bass the idmax still retains mid bass energies...aka is more dynamic sounding imo. both are good but from what i heard the brahma first owners wouldnt switch and the idmax owners first wouldnt either.. they are BOTH that good once you hear them and get used to them you prolly wont like others enough to switch

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Closed Thread