+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Sundown SA with 1600 watts?

Karas is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sundown SA with 1600 watts?

I have a single sundown SA 12" paired with a Soundstream Rubicon 1600 wired to 2 Ohms(1,100w) and I recently fried the tinsel lead but it was definitely my fault for a clipped signal. I set my gains with a dmm and still was stupid enough to try pushing it a bit more lol.

Now i'm curious, I want to get the d2 and wire it down to 1ohm so I have the potential of 1600 watts but could I just aim for 1,100 I had and there is no change it will be a clipped signal sense the amp has the extra unused power?

Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: Sundown SA with 1600 watts?

Buy another driver and wire down to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Full Tilt View Post
    Buy another driver and wire down to 1.
    That is the plan for tomorrow so far, I really think the SA could of taken 1,100 without a problem but I tried to go beyond that. i'll make sure I report back with how it went for anyone else working with a single SA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karas View Post
    That is the plan for tomorrow so far, I really think the SA could of taken 1,100 without a problem but I tried to go beyond that. i'll make sure I report back with how it went for anyone else working with a single SA.
    I actually meant another D4, two SAs on 800 per > 1 on 1100+.

But you do you, man. Just make sure you keep the power clean at those levels, otherwise you'll be buying yet another sub.

Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually meant another D4, two SAs on 800 per > 1 on 1100+.

But you do you, man. Just make sure you keep the power clean at those levels, otherwise you'll be buying yet another sub.
    That was considered too, but I unfortunately don't have the extra cash to do that just yet.

But that's what im wondering with the signal, if I set the amp to only give out 1,100 at 1ohm using this site Voltage current resistance and electric power general basic electrical formulas mathematical calculations calculator formula calculating energy work equation power law watts understandimg general electrical pie chart electricity calculation electrica and a dmm is there anyway it can be a clipped signal when it has 500w of left over power?

Using the dmm method its telling me around 32-34v i'd be pushing 1,100-1,200 and 40v for the full 1600.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

That was considered too, but I unfortunately don't have the extra cash to do that just yet.

But that's what im wondering with the signal, if I set the amp to only give out 1,100 at 1ohm using this site Voltage current resistance and electric power general basic electrical formulas mathematical calculations calculator formula calculating energy work equation power law watts understandimg general electrical pie chart electricity calculation electrica and a dmm is there anyway it can be a clipped signal when it has 500w of left over power?

Using the dmm method its telling me around 32-34v i'd be pushing 1,100-1,200 and 40v for the full 1600.
    You can always set your gains lower, and that doing so correctly will allow you to keep a clean signal going to the sub.

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can always set your gains lower, and that doing so correctly will allow you to keep a clean signal going to the sub.
    Thats the idea, i'll never have the gain touching that 40v area. I'm real excited, I think this time around it will take 1,100 without a problem.

Thank you for your opinion on all of this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Thats the idea, i'll never have the gain touching that 40v area. I'm real excited, I think this time around it will take 1,100 without a problem.

Thank you for your opinion on all of this!
    No problem, man; you seem to have your goals figured out, so good luck and I hope you're happy with what you end up with.

NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Those amps are overrated. Setting it with the DMM caused clipping.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

+ Reply to Thread