+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Reload Thread: Someone help me get a clue

  1. #1
    speedyjuarez's Avatar
    speedyjuarez is online now Premium Member speedyjuarez is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Live in Hobbs, NM. From Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Someone help me get a clue

    Right know I don't know where to start but I'll do my best.

    Ok so I just bought two Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-12 for my company issued work truck. My work truck is a 2012 F350 four door truck. I also need the back seat for my guys to ride in my truck. I bought some cheapo box that problably doesnt work for the subs, so I need advice on what to do. I have a kicker zxs1000.1 that I would like to use for this build. The subs are shallow dual 4 ohm 12 inch subs.

    I liestien to alot of electronic music and rap, so I would like a box that would work best for my needs. Ported or sealed would be based on your overall opnions for my goal.

    Wants...

    -A box that fits behind the rear seat.

    -A box that sounds good for rap and electronic music.

    -Advice on ported or sealed.

    -Advice on sub wiring 4ohm DVC

    (2) 4 ohm DVC speaker = 1 ohm load
    (2) 4 ohm DVC speaker = 4 ohm load

    Thanks guys for any advice to point me in the right direction.







  2. #2
    Da64u's Avatar
    Da64u is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    Quote Originally Posted by speedyjuarez View Post
    Right know I don't know where to start but I'll do my best.

    Ok so I just bought two Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-12 for my company issued work truck. My work truck is a 2012 F350 four door truck. I also need the back seat for my guys to ride in my truck. I bought some cheapo box that problably doesnt work for the subs, so I need advice on what to do. I have a kicker zxs1000.1 that I would like to use for this build. The subs are shallow dual 4 ohm 12 inch subs.

    I liestien to alot of electronic music and rap, so I would like a box that would work best for my needs. Ported or sealed would be based on your overall opnions for my goal.

    Wants...

    -A box that fits behind the rear seat.

    -A box that sounds good for rap and electronic music.

    -Advice on ported or sealed.

    -Advice on sub wiring 4ohm DVC

    (2) 4 ohm DVC speaker = 1 ohm load
    (2) 4 ohm DVC speaker = 4 ohm load

    Thanks guys for any advice to point me in the right direction.
    For that type of music I prefer a ported box tuned to 33hz



    Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X8600BH
    Front's: Alpine Type-R 6 1/2's
    Rear's: Alpine Type-R 6x9's
    Mid Range: Dayton RS75-4's
    Tweeters: Vifa XT25SC90-04's
    Subs: 2 Obsidian Audio 12v3's
    Sub Amp: Hifonics BRX2400.1D
    Mid Amp: Alpine F-4
    Tweeter / Mid Range Amp: JL 300/4
    Powerplant: Die Hard Platinum

  3. Thanks speedyjuarez thanked for this post
  4. #3
    speedyjuarez's Avatar
    speedyjuarez is online now Premium Member speedyjuarez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Live in Hobbs, NM. From Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    So after speaking with someone and Da64u I think my best setup is ported 33hz in series DVC 4 ohm.

    Should or could I put both subs in one box that is not devided? or does each sub need to be in a seprate compartment?




  5. #4
    cjm86's Avatar
    cjm86 is online now Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    Quote Originally Posted by speedyjuarez View Post
    So after speaking with someone and Da64u I think my best setup is ported 33hz in series DVC 4 ohm.

    Should or could I put both subs in one box that is not devided? or does each sub need to be in a seprate compartment?
    Just one big compartment.



    Head Unit/Speakers: Cheap Pioneer package from Walmart
    Subwoofers: 2 SoundQubed HDS210s in custom 2.2 cuft box tuned to 33 hertz (I know a little small for them, had to save space.)
    Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics BRZ1700. Wired to 2 ohm (1200 watts.)
    Electrical: Stock

  6. Thanks speedyjuarez thanked for this post
  7. #5
    speedyjuarez's Avatar
    speedyjuarez is online now Premium Member speedyjuarez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Live in Hobbs, NM. From Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    What should a box for two 12's cost to have made from any local audio shop? I would like to know before hand so I don't get ripped off or get sticker shock at time of purchase. Thanks




  8. #6
    CrossoverOre's Avatar
    CrossoverOre is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    you have almost no room behind those seats. My suggestion is just go with a sealed becuase you will not have enough air space to port it.




  9. #7
    cjm86's Avatar
    cjm86 is online now Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    Quote Originally Posted by speedyjuarez View Post
    What should a box for two 12's cost to have made from any local audio shop? I would like to know before hand so I don't get ripped off or get sticker shock at time of purchase. Thanks
    A lot. Around where I live, minimum was 400 I think. Talk to @Buck ; or @Boomsday ; . They can build you one.



    Head Unit/Speakers: Cheap Pioneer package from Walmart
    Subwoofers: 2 SoundQubed HDS210s in custom 2.2 cuft box tuned to 33 hertz (I know a little small for them, had to save space.)
    Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics BRZ1700. Wired to 2 ohm (1200 watts.)
    Electrical: Stock

  10. #8
    speedyjuarez's Avatar
    speedyjuarez is online now Premium Member speedyjuarez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Live in Hobbs, NM. From Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    Does anyone have any experiance with these subs? How would you say they perform? I bought them as an impulse buy at the flea market for 75 each.




  11. #9
    Challenger5's Avatar
    Challenger5 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    fargo nd
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    I know your not gonna get the full power of your amp at 4 ohms and kickers usually dont like 1 ohm. myself, I would either sell the subs and get 2 2 ohm subs or sell the amp and get one that is 1 ohm or 4 ohm compliant. JL audio sells 1 that takes 1.5 to 4 ohm and puts out the same power.




  12. #10
    speedyjuarez's Avatar
    speedyjuarez is online now Premium Member speedyjuarez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Live in Hobbs, NM. From Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger5 View Post
    I know your not gonna get the full power of your amp at 4 ohms and kickers usually dont like 1 ohm. myself, I would either sell the subs and get 2 2 ohm subs or sell the amp and get one that is 1 ohm or 4 ohm compliant. JL audio sells 1 that takes 1.5 to 4 ohm and puts out the same power.
    From what I understood my kicker could do 500 watts RMS at 4 ohm load and from the RF sub sheet they could both be run at 4 ohm so I would be supplying 250 to each? was I wrong in my thinking?




  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Farmington, NM
    Age
    93
    Posts
    2,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    You are thinking correctly. 500 at 4ohms will do the trick. Don't expect to win any competitions but it will add some bass to your music which will overall make it sound better.
    Shallow mounts don't generally get very loud anyhow. I'd probably just do a sealed box if I were in your shoes.




  14. #12
    speedyjuarez's Avatar
    speedyjuarez is online now Premium Member speedyjuarez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Live in Hobbs, NM. From Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    Quote Originally Posted by soundstreamer View Post
    You are thinking correctly. 500 at 4ohms will do the trick. Don't expect to win any competitions but it will add some bass to your music which will overall make it sound better.
    Shallow mounts don't generally get very loud anyhow. I'd probably just do a sealed box if I were in your shoes.
    Okay thanks, as for the shallow subs it doesn't really matter i just wanted to add some bass to my company issued work truck. They usualy replace them every two years, so I'm not trying to spend a fortune.




  15. #13
    bbeljefe's Avatar
    bbeljefe is offline Premium Member bbeljefe is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    1,788
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    If you want any kind of low end response at all I would lose one of the subs and use one in a ported enclosure tuned to 32Hz. In reality, you'd be better off with a 10 but since you already have the subs, one of them at 2Ω will sound a lot better than two of them crammed into a tiny amount of air space.

    Also, your Kicker amp will be happy at 2Ω, so that's a better match between sub and amp that will allow you to get all you can from the amplifier and woofer.

    In the end, cone area is not king... proper enclosure design is. And you can expect to pay $175.00 to $250.00 for a properly designed and built ported wedge box.



    Owner, Audio Anarchy, LLC
    2915 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA
    318-780-6149

    Authorized Dealer in NW Louisiana for CT Sounds & Execution Audio. We also carry other products but you really don't want that stuff... ;-)


  16. Thanks speedyjuarez thanked for this post
  17. #14
    scparrish's Avatar
    scparrish is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Someone help me get a clue

    You can build an enclosure that has approximately 2.3 cubic feet of air space. I have personally built one and am pushing around the idea of building another. So there is plenty of space to get some decent sound.



    04 F250 Harley
    Components
    Front ID XS-57
    Rear Eclipse SC6500
    crossfire bmf 600.4
    Sub
    sw9122
    crossfire bmf1700

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. can someone help me get 4.3 cubes @35hz??? with my specs
    By michaellane in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 01:15 AM
  2. Can someone help me get these stats?
    By bassknocker23 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 12:50 AM
  3. Fuses, For The Love Of God Someone Help Me
    By Audidriver24 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2002, 01:05 AM
  4. i **** at this stuff, please someone help me
    By Unregistered in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2002, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum