+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Memphis Mojo x 15's ?

2Dcore is offline F*It

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Memphis Mojo x 15's ?

I bought a couple 15" Mojo X's from Memphis they should be in by Tuesday. I look them up but can't really find anything about them at all, No vids or reviews. I figured i buy 2 if they sound good i'll get a few more. I get them for a good price from Memphis. My friend has a shop thats a Memphis dealer and wants me to run his stuff to represent his shop. I really didn't want to use Memphis so i went with the best they had. I'm going to run 2 on my Memphis 4k. If they are good i'll pick up another 2 with 2nd 4k. Anybody heard these yet? Thoughts? I have DC in my winter ride so i don't know if i'll be happy or not. thanks in advance.

HU- alpine CDA 117
    Front - RF 6 .5 T1 comps & RF pro audio super tweets (Amp-Memphis 16-MCA5004)
    Rear - 15" DC lvl 4 with lvl 5 soft parts
    (Amp Kicker kx2500.1
    Kinetic HC 2400's- Big 3 And a big mess of wire

bgowdy31 is online now I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: Memphis Mojo x 15's ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dcore View Post
    I bought a couple 15" Mojo X's from Memphis they should be in by Tuesday. I look them up but can't really find anything about them at all, No vids or reviews. I figured i buy 2 if they sound good i'll get a few more. I get them for a good price from Memphis. My friend has a shop thats a Memphis dealer and wants me to run his stuff to represent his shop. I really didn't want to use Memphis so i went with the best they had. I'm going to run 2 on my Memphis 4k. If they are good i'll pick up another 2 with 2nd 4k. Anybody heard these yet? Thoughts? I have DC in my winter ride so i don't know if i'll be happy or not. thanks in advance.
    I mean honestly if they keep the same build quality as the other Mojo's then they should be good subs.

MY 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
    1 DC AUDIO XL-18 DUAL 1 ~ 5 CUBES NET(I THINK LOL) ~ TUNED - NO IDEA LOL (<-TEMP BOX)
    SHARK 2500 @ 2 OHM(.5 LATER ) ~ STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0

~2010 FCBC 450 STREET DIVISION 3RD OVERALL~
    ~2011 FCBC 450 STREET DIVISION CHAMPION~
    ~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~
    *BEST SCORE ~ 95 BLAZER 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRICAL*

R.I.P. TO MY WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG

raptor727 is online now come get some!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I used the Mojo 5 12 wich is pretty similar and it sounded good but didn't get as loud as I expected. Took 2,000rms easily but not much more

Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T30001bd

Mids amp: Rockford T800-4BD

Sub: RE MT 18" in a ssa xcon 18" optimal ported box works incredible for the MT

Wiring: Knu konceptz 1/0 Sky High 1/0 and a crap ton of deadener all in a 1995 Ford Aspire hatchback!!!!!

2Dcore is offline F*It

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raptor727 View Post
    I used the Mojo 5 12 wich is pretty similar and it sounded good but didn't get as loud as I expected. Took 2,000rms easily but not much more
    Yes they say they're rated at 2200 I figure they can problaly handle a little more I know one thing if I had to pay retail for them I def wouldn't use them. But I figure if I don't like them I'll sale them. I think the defferance between the 5 and X is the cooling, right?

HU- alpine CDA 117
    (Amp Kicker kx2500.1

raptor727 is online now come get some!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I think the coil is different too not sure on that. I would also never pay retail for one of those I got mine slightly used with a box for 200 lol. Not much on the internet either.

Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T30001bd

Mids amp: Rockford T800-4BD

Sub: RE MT 18" in a ssa xcon 18" optimal ported box works incredible for the MT

Wiring: Knu konceptz 1/0 Sky High 1/0 and a crap ton of deadener all in a 1995 Ford Aspire hatchback!!!!!

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raptor727 View Post
    I think the coil is different too not sure on that. I would also never pay retail for one of those I got mine slightly used with a box for 200 lol. Not much on the internet either.
    In the most basic sense the coil is aluminum compared to the copper of the regular on. And I think its only available in quad 1ohm which is also a longer coil giving it more surface area and better cooling.

not 1000% sure but iirc thats what the memphis rep told me when they first came out

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

7. Likes raptor727 liked this post
    2Dcore is offline F*It

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Got one of the subs so far. Looks good but won't get to hear it for awhile till i get my other and get my electrical up than by the end of the year i'm going to run 4 of them on 2 Mojo 4k's. My first thought about it was how small the tinsels are, but overall a pretty nice sub. Been busy doing door panels and got to rewire the whole van, start fresh. Hope to have half done in a few month. Extra money is slow right now and even though i get a decent price for the X it still isn't cheap,lol.

Memphis Mojo x 15's ?-sany0361.jpgMemphis Mojo x 15's ?-sany0364.jpgMemphis Mojo x 15's ?-sany0370.jpgMemphis Mojo x 15's ?-sany0371.jpg

HU- alpine CDA 117
    (Amp Kicker kx2500.1

+ Reply to Thread