Poll: Which subs to get

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Reload Thread: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

  1. #16
    SounDrive's Avatar
    SounDrive is offline SounDrive RCA



    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lebanon & Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    Quote Originally Posted by mclerico83 View Post
    8 layer flat
    Still, depends on what the gap between the motor and the coil is. The tighter the gap the higher the motor force



    Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

    Find us on Facebook!




  2. #17
    SPLaudio's Avatar
    SPLaudio is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    upstate ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    the coil is verrrry beefy. sub is built for 2k but that is only because of the cone material. the coil is good for close to 3k

    the tc sounds 3hp and this is the good one with the thick top plate is worth 150 all day




  3. #18
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    So with that knowledge what do yall say




  4. #19
    Side Show's Avatar
    Side Show is offline Bringin The Noise



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    hdc12




  5. #20
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    So that 3 votes for HDC312 and 2 for the Square. Anyone else?




  6. #21
    oTurtlez's Avatar
    oTurtlez is offline Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    SPLaudio builds some beefy gear, and you will never be able to kill that square sub with the power you're throwing at it right now. With that said, I personally have always preferred the round subs aesthetically and sound wise. Square subs always sounded a little different to me for some reason. Either way, you can't go wrong. Just flip a coin lol, that's what I'd do.



    Speakers:
    Subs: Custom RE MX Neo 12"
    Mids & Highs: CDT Audio CL-6ED 6.5" & TV-25 Tweets
    Amps:
    Lows: Crescendo BC3500D
    Mids & Highs: CT Sounds 125.4

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    At only 1600 watts I can't believe ppl are recommending one of the best mechanically compliant subs at 5k+. If you are running a legit 1600 watts for a burp box I can think of only two 12" woofers under $300 I'd run in 2 cubes for burps and that's a SA-12 or a RF Hx2 (if you can find one).

    Did a 54.1 on a SA-12 on 1900 watts and a 54.4 on 2200 with an Hx2.

    I've heard of 56s on tantric and DD 12s but on like 4k+




    ^^BLACK AND BLUE^^
    4.5 Cubes Tuned to 29Hz
    Two BtLN212D2s on (two 2.5ks)***update now on four IA 20.1s at .175 ohms each
    (Four XS D1400s)***update now eight XS D1400s
    Mechman 270
    Lots of mids n highs

  8. #23
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    Quote Originally Posted by So Low iT Hz View Post
    At only 1600 watts I can't believe ppl are recommending one of the best mechanically compliant subs at 5k+. If you are running a legit 1600 watts for a burp box I can think of only two 12" woofers under $300 I'd run in 2 cubes for burps and that's a SA-12 or a RF Hx2 (if you can find one).

    Did a 54.1 on a SA-12 on 1900 watts and a 54.4 on 2200 with an Hx2.

    I've heard of 56s on tantric and DD 12s but on like 4k+
    Not sure what a burp box is but im just trying to get the best for my money. Ill invest in a larger amp down the road.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    My mistake I thought you were trying to compete in a class with that power rating. If you're looking to play music disregard what I said. For music I'd be lookin at a tantric hd12 or a sundown x12




    ^^BLACK AND BLUE^^
    4.5 Cubes Tuned to 29Hz
    Two BtLN212D2s on (two 2.5ks)***update now on four IA 20.1s at .175 ohms each
    (Four XS D1400s)***update now eight XS D1400s
    Mechman 270
    Lots of mids n highs

  10. #25
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    Quote Originally Posted by So Low iT Hz View Post
    My mistake I thought you were trying to compete in a class with that power rating. If you're looking to play music disregard what I said. For music I'd be lookin at a tantric hd12 or a sundown x12
    Well that X12 is $350 plus shippping. The square 12 and HDC312 are within my budget. The square should get louder.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofan View Post
    Well that X12 is $350 plus shippping. The square 12 and HDC312 are within my budget. The square should get louder.
    The HDC312 is $30 less for a aluminum coil woofer. Copper coil is rated at 1k rms. Might as well go for a Fi SSD 12 for that price with more cooling and customization.

    I personally hate square woofers so I'd never run one but it's your choice to make.

    Nothing against the Soundqubed woofers either, they are great I ran them myself for a while. I ran three 12s and after six months of pounding on them they were still as stiff as when I got them. Low end monsters for sure. For comps I ran one 12 on 5k but Skip01 had better luck with one 12 than I was able to. I couldn't feed enough power to it to get to gain. Kind of leveled off, I don't think my stock vehicle loaded in a way that the woofer liked. I ran sub up port sideways for peak. Only single sub I've done that with in my jeep. It's almost always sub up port back or sub forward port back. Mechanically it's extremely stout, maybe too much so for the power you are running them bishes won't even move haha, so you won't have to worry there unless you tune real high and play like 20Hz below tuning




    ^^BLACK AND BLUE^^
    4.5 Cubes Tuned to 29Hz
    Two BtLN212D2s on (two 2.5ks)***update now on four IA 20.1s at .175 ohms each
    (Four XS D1400s)***update now eight XS D1400s
    Mechman 270
    Lots of mids n highs

  12. #27
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes (Now with pole)

    Quote Originally Posted by So Low iT Hz View Post
    The HDC312 is $30 less for a aluminum coil woofer. Copper coil is rated at 1k rms. Might as well go for a Fi SSD 12 for that price with more cooling and customization.

    I personally hate square woofers so I'd never run one but it's your choice to make.

    Nothing against the Soundqubed woofers either, they are great I ran them myself for a while. I ran three 12s and after six months of pounding on them they were still as stiff as when I got them. Low end monsters for sure. For comps I ran one 12 on 5k but Skip01 had better luck with one 12 than I was able to. I couldn't feed enough power to it to get to gain. Kind of leveled off, I don't think my stock vehicle loaded in a way that the woofer liked. I ran sub up port sideways for peak. Only single sub I've done that with in my jeep. It's almost always sub up port back or sub forward port back. Mechanically it's extremely stout, maybe too much so for the power you are running them bishes won't even move haha, so you won't have to worry there unless you tune real high and play like 20Hz below tuning
    And you think the X12 will get louder then all the others? ( just added a poll)




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes (Now with pole)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofan View Post
    And you think the X12 will get louder then all the others? ( just added a poll)
    Depends. Do you have the box built already? 2.5 cubes I assume after port displacement but what tuning?




    ^^BLACK AND BLUE^^
    4.5 Cubes Tuned to 29Hz
    Two BtLN212D2s on (two 2.5ks)***update now on four IA 20.1s at .175 ohms each
    (Four XS D1400s)***update now eight XS D1400s
    Mechman 270
    Lots of mids n highs

  14. #29
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes (Now with pole)

    Quote Originally Posted by So Low iT Hz View Post
    Depends. Do you have the box built already? 2.5 cubes I assume after port displacement but what tuning?
    2.5 before aero port and sub. Thinking 32 or 35.




  15. #30
    Pyrofan's Avatar
    Pyrofan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best single 12 for 2.5 cubes

    Im liking this X12 a little more now. Hoping what ever i get is louder then the Sa-8s




+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best single 12" for zx2500.1?
    By simplelux in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 07:40 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 12:22 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 04:11 AM
  4. Best SPL 12" For 1-1.6ft^
    By DP&MD11 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 12:41 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum