+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Looking for a sound quality subwoofer

BASS BOI is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking for a sound quality subwoofer

OK so i'm looking for 2 10's that have great sound quality. I'm going to be putting them in a 3cuft box powered by a cresendo bc 3500. I have been looking at ssa xcon 10's and tantric hd 10's. Have you guys had any experience with these woofers?
    Last edited by BASS BOI; 11-28-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Wasatch is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Looking for a sound quality subwoofer

I just put in a Sundown SA-10 this week, and I'm very happy with it.

2000 Ford Explorer

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB
    Front Stage: Hertz ESK 165
    Amp: Cadence XA250.2 (Orange)
    Sub: Sundown Audio SA-10
    Sub Amp: Alpine MRP-M500
    Wire: Lighting Audio, Tsunami
    Electrical: Optima Yellow Top

3. Dislikes Loudmp5 disliked this post
    Full Tilt is online now Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I wouldn't consider Sundown's X line a SQ-centered line. SA-10s are great, but at near 1800w/sub you're probably going to be looking for something with a better coil. HDs, however, would take that power phenomenally, and I've heard great things regarding their SPL and SQ capabilities. But keep searching your options, the Q wold also do very well on that power.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only thing that worries me is the 2.5 cca voice coil and I don't think they can handle a bc 3500.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I really wanted to get two fully loaded q 10's but I've heard far to many times they don't get loud enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BASS BOI View Post
    Only thing that worries me is the 2.5 cca voice coil and I don't think they can handle a bc 3500.
    The BC3500 will probably put out a little more than 3900w. Assuming you're going to stick to running a pair, neither of said options would have a problem handling 2000w per in a proper enclosure. Both the Q and the HD have 3" coils.

I really wanted to get to fully loaded q 10's but I've heard far to many times they don't get loud enough.
    It's all about the install, man. While a driver will be limited by it's own capabilities, Fi Qs have impressed me in the past. You should contact a box designer and let them know what your priorities are. But if you are looking for more SPL, you can't go wrong with the HD.

Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

7. Likes Loudmp5 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My biggest problem is I have a mustang so the box has to be built in the trunk.

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Xcon gets my vote for sq or an fi Q would be nice and he is right it's all in the install/box

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

10. Thanks Full Tilt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmp5 View Post
    Xcon gets my vote for sq or an fi Q would be nice and he is right it's all in the install/box
    I don't have personal experience with SSA, but it's definitely a great product, and would take the power nicely as well. I'd start looking for gear and see what you can get the best price on, because you can't go wrong with any of these drivers.

12. Likes Loudmp5 liked this post
    jeffdachef is online now I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

you'd want subs that have shorting rings on it for better frequency response, after that its all about the install. Hint Xcons have shorting rings cough* nuthuggery alert cough*

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm currently leaning toward the xcon's because there on sale and they look ****.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I'm currently leaning toward the xcon's because there on sale and they look ****.
    SSA's got a great price on them, they're beastly subs.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdachef View Post
    you'd want subs that have shorting rings on it for better frequency response, after that its all about the install. Hint Xcons have shorting rings cough* nuthuggery alert cough*
    How does your zcon do sq wise in a 4th order? Does it keep up with fast kick drum bass?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

How does your zcon do sq wise in a 4th order? Does it keep up with fast kick drum bass?
    i listen to a lot of metal and yeah it keeps up real well. Design of the box is a large factor though, you'd want to have just the right amount of airspace so the excursion is controlled.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

18. Likes Loudmp5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

dbl post

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For great SQ Morel has to be the best sounding subs Ive heard.

+ Reply to Thread