+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Sundown Z.v4 12" or Tantric HDD 12" - Thoughts and opinions plz

papermaker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sundown Z.v4 12" or Tantric HDD 12" - Thoughts and opinions plz

your going for just output? its hard to choose when you don't have any preferences and box sizes etc..
    never touched the HDD or any of them but they look like some serious high output drivers.. bad thing is they don't provide parameters..

knowledge is powerful but imagination is exponentially powerful..

experience is key!! otherwise life is boring, uneventful and pointless..

sub amps RD audio 1750s(SD3500 when i sell the RDs)---better audio prototypes
    mids CDT ES-6--tweeters CDT ES-02
    comp amp SD sax100.4D(for sale looking for a zapco 1000.4)
    deck..execlon x991

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by papermaker View Post
    your going for just output? its hard to choose when you don't have any preferences and box sizes etc..
    never touched the HDD or any of them but they look like some serious high output drivers.. bad thing is they don't provide parameters..
    we provide tsp per request

3. Thanks av83, NIHL8ION thanked for this post
    Likes NIHL8ION liked this post
    Silverado SS is offline Shake Pound and Rattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tantric sounds View Post
    we provide tsp per request
    Why not just post em?

[FONT="Georgia"][CENTER]Silverado SS on 24's
    2 Fi SP4s Fully Loaded
    8 cubic foot after disp. 30Hz
    PowerBass 5000XTA and PPI 900.4
    Clarion CZ 702 for now
    4 Exodus Anarchys, looking for tweets
    Singer 275A Alternator, Big 3
    140 A/H and Shuriken BT-45

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado SS View Post
    Why not just post em?
    Because every single person wants something different. Murph actually speaks to customers and finds out what they want/need and they go from there. Nobody just calls and says, "Just toss some shit together."

He has a ton of different combinations available.

That... and very, very few people understand TSP's anyway. People look at two, maybe three specs and think they know all they need to know about the sub. Take the comparison test I did between the Zv.4 and HD. On paper, other than the Fs, they look very similar. But the boxes they wanted were much different. And the woofer with the higher Fs actually won the "30hz challenge" of that comparison.

But beyond all that... wouldn't you rather have the TSP's on your specific subs? Or would you prefer a generic set?

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

6. Likes av83, NIHL8ION liked this post
    NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

- I'm not going for JUST output, I'm going for a wide variety of daily music listening very aggressively on a 2500 rms amp for now, then I will be upgrading to a 3500 later with x3 D3400's, HO Alt, an 80PRS HU, x2 sets of 6.5 comps (Still undecided as of now, but have my eyes on some CDT's and the Tantrics) running active on x2 ARC KAR400.4's in my 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE Sedan... My enclosure is the 1 in my sig right now and it was designed for the Sundown X or Z.v4...

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Because every single person wants something different. Murph actually speaks to customers and finds out what they want/need and they go from there. Nobody just calls and says, "Just toss some shit together."

He has a ton of different combinations available.

That... and very, very few people understand TSP's anyway. People look at two, maybe three specs and think they know all they need to know about the sub. Take the comparison test I did between the Zv.4 and HD. On paper, other than the Fs, they look very similar. But the boxes they wanted were much different. And the woofer with the higher Fs actually won the "30hz challenge" of that comparison.

But beyond all that... wouldn't you rather have the TSP's on your specific subs? Or would you prefer a generic set?
    Yes I agree with this - Every sub is not EXACTLY the same and I'd rather have the ACTUAL TSP's for MY sub instead of general model specs

- Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

papermaker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not here to argue over parameters.. i build woofers myself so it alot easier to help make the proper recommendation.
    I understand that you have one platform but you vary Cms to fit a variety of alignments or increase efficiency at certain frequencies. Just saying its nice to see and informative site. its no secret on how subs work or no "special" set of parameters. I just can help the OP make an informed decision..
    I really like the sundown. shorting rings and some really solid parts and build..
    i cant find parameters on the z ether.. and im not looking.. Id imagine the z would sound better with the shorting rings..

knowledge is powerful but imagination is exponentially powerful..

experience is key!! otherwise life is boring, uneventful and pointless..

sub amps RD audio 1750s(SD3500 when i sell the RDs)---better audio prototypes
    mids CDT ES-6--tweeters CDT ES-02
    comp amp SD sax100.4D(for sale looking for a zapco 1000.4)
    deck..execlon x991

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Im not here to argue over parameters.. i build woofers myself so it alot easier to help make the proper recommendation.
    I understand that you have one platform but you vary Cms to fit a variety of alignments or increase efficiency at certain frequencies. Just saying its nice to see and informative site. its no secret on how subs work or no "special" set of parameters. I just can help the OP make an informed decision..
    I really like the sundown. shorting rings and some really solid parts and build..
    i cant find parameters on the z ether.. and im not looking.. Id imagine the z would sound better with the shorting rings..
    Exactly. I build systems based on the response I want and the space I have to get there.. then i find the sub that can do.that the easiest and tsp help get you there. A termlab isn't reliable for testing actual response unless you want to meter 80 times and graph it a actual rta is what you want for that. TSP are used in home and pro audio all the time reliably they do work. Cabin gain changes things but you can learn to work with it. Car audio is just too infatuated with burping to see a number on a screen...

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2