Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Reload Thread: Which subwoofer should I buy?

zebo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by aarunt1
    Actually, I dunno why I said i'm still undecided, I think ima go for mag d2 all the way. After reading those posts about brahma vs d2 seems like more like the d2.

Read urself

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthrea...=magnum+brahma

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthrea...=magnum+brahma
    Depending on what your are talking about, I have heard both. I own a brahma 12 and a XXX 15. After you hear a sub with a really linear motor, I think you will love it or hate it. I for one won't go back to a driver with a parabolic curve. Like I have said, don't have any experience with a d2, but from what I have heard its just another driver that isn't quite linear as a XBL^2 enabled driver. Don't get me wrong, some people like a driver that introduces some distortion on its own, and that cool, their car their money, they should buy what sounds best to them. If you do get a chance, definitly listen to an XBL^2 driver...you may like it.

aarunt1 is offline :D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zebo
    Depending on what your are talking about, I have heard both. I own a brahma 12 and a XXX 15. After you hear a sub with a really linear motor, I think you will love it or hate it. I for one won't go back to a driver with a parabolic curve. Like I have said, don't have any experience with a d2, but from what I have heard its just another driver that isn't quite linear as a XBL^2 enabled driver. Don't get me wrong, some people like a driver that introduces some distortion on its own, and that cool, their car their money, they should buy what sounds best to them. If you do get a chance, definitly listen to an XBL^2 driver...you may like it.
    I was actually asking for the Mag vs the Brahma. I doubt I will get the XXX because I only have 1200w and it's a little bit more expensive, although I could probably get the money for it. I heard the SX is actually better for 1200w but I think I'm going to get the Mag.

zebo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was actually asking for the Mag vs the Brahma. I doubt I will get the XXX because I only have 1200w and it's a little bit more expensive, although I could probably get the money for it. I heard the SX is actually better for 1200w but I think I'm going to get the Mag.
    yep, from what i have read the sx will be a bit louder than the xxx with that power, depends on if you are looking for sq or just straight spl. I am sure you will be happy with any of them. Let us know how the d2 sounds once you get it installed.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zebo
    yep, from what i have read the sx will be a bit louder than the xxx with that power, depends on if you are looking for sq or just straight spl. I am sure you will be happy with any of them. Let us know how the d2 sounds once you get it installed.
    I'm looking for nice SQ, but I want it loud enough so I can feel the hair on my head move.

Edit: let me redo this "I'm looking for nice SQ, but I want it loud enough so I can feel the hair on my head move while my folding rear seats are UP. Because right now my when I have my rear seats up my lil crap 8 ohm svc RF RE12 doesn't hit for crap. When I have the seats down it gets decently loud, but it sounds like crap.
    Last edited by aarunt1; 05-13-2004 at 10:04 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm looking for nice SQ, but I want it loud enough so I can feel the hair on my head move.

Edit: let me redo this "I'm looking for nice SQ, but I want it loud enough so I can feel the hair on my head move while my folding rear seats are UP. Because right now my when I have my rear seats up my lil crap 8 ohm svc RF RE12 doesn't hit for crap. When I have the seats down it gets decently loud, but it sounds like crap.
    Still looking for more opinions

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4