Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Reload Thread: Which subwoofer should I buy?

  1. #31
    aarunt1's Avatar
    aarunt1 is offline :D

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by 78nova
    allright then forget i mentioned the 15" mag d2. Get either a 12" mag d2 or a 12" xxx if you want sq and want it to get loud.
    Would the Adire Brahma 12 be equally as good?







  2. #32
    aarunt1's Avatar
    aarunt1 is offline :D

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    I actually like the Magnum D2 alot, but will it be ok with 1200 rms?




  3. #33
    somekook's Avatar
    somekook is offline only 15"s



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    yea the mag eill handle it




  4. #34
    78nova's Avatar
    78nova is offline XXX



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bovina, Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    868
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    the mag d2 woul be ok with 1200 watts and the bhrama is about the exact same as the xxx.



    Quote Originally Posted by sbcaprice305
    lets see..........

    2 guys + alot of booze +hotel room + 0 females = 2 soar @ssholes
    My Current Setup
    subwoofers: 2 12" xxx's dual 4ohm
    sub amp: orion 2500d soon to be RF t30001bd
    head unit: alpine 9833
    speakers: stock
    wiring: stinger 0/1 gauge amp kit
    enclosure: 4.5 cubic ft. tuned to 34hz
    all wrapped in a 99 town car with 22's O yeah.

  5. #35
    aarunt1's Avatar
    aarunt1 is offline :D

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    I'm still not completely sure which to get. Next month is my bday plus i'll be getting a summer job so I'll definately be able to afford it by then. I really like the XXX12 cause it just looks ****** tho. But I wish I would have gotten the bx1500d if I knew I was gonna get that, although with the right set up I could get the excursion to its max. I'll see by then, maybe i'll even make my own box. I listen to punk/hardcore/emo-core/alternative mainly. And I don't listen to rap at all so I don't think i'll need a ported box. I think sealed is better for that isn't it? But just because I dont listed to rap doesn't mean I don't want to be heard. SQ is definately key tho.




  6. #36
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by aarunt1
    I'm still not completely sure which to get. Next month is my bday plus i'll be getting a summer job so I'll definately be able to afford it by then. I really like the XXX12 cause it just looks ****** tho. But I wish I would have gotten the bx1500d if I knew I was gonna get that, although with the right set up I could get the excursion to its max. I'll see by then, maybe i'll even make my own box. I listen to punk/hardcore/emo-core/alternative mainly. And I don't listen to rap at all so I don't think i'll need a ported box. I think sealed is better for that isn't it? But just because I dont listed to rap doesn't mean I don't want to be heard. SQ is definately key tho.
    Mag D2 is 1000rms. It handles anything up to 1500 with no problems. I used to run a JBL 1200.1 to mine, now i run a Viper 1200d to mine which is even more power. Handles it awesome and gets nasty loud and sounds amazing. apparently off 1200 watts the SX gets louder than the XXX does. but the XXX will always have better SQ. So pretty much i would go with a d2 since it can get loud with anything from 600-1500 watts and its 300 bucks shipped vs 400 for the XXX.
    It really doesnt matter what u buy, because in the end u are going to be happy with ur purchase when dealing with these subs.



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)



  7. #37
    DBfan187's Avatar
    DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!



    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Poolside with Supa's mom.
    Posts
    46,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    Orion H2

    Try a 10, 12, or 15. They do very well in small ported boxes and have great SQ and SPL!




  8. #38
    bergnerk's Avatar
    bergnerk is offline SPL junky



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    WI
    Age
    29
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    wait a few weeks for the alpine type X to come out !!! !
    I think it will be a great SQL woofer. ITS AN ALPINE FOR GODS SAKE




  9. #39
    aarunt1's Avatar
    aarunt1 is offline :D

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by bergnerk
    wait a few weeks for the alpine type X to come out !!! !
    I think it will be a great SQL woofer. ITS AN ALPINE FOR GODS SAKE
    WOW! So funny you say that cause this "wigger" I know at school just suggested that same woofer LOL. Although, he said it isn't as potent as the Type R, but ima check it out right now.




  10. #40
    aarunt1's Avatar
    aarunt1 is offline :D

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    Just took a look at it...the surround is friggin ugly lol. I like carbon fiber tho, will match my hood and would replace my old carbon fiber sub. I don't like the design of the basket either but it said its supposed to do sumthin like keep hot air out, but i didn't read too much on it. 1000rms, that pretty good, but on cructfield the price is $449 so screw that I'd rather have the XXX for that price . Ima wait to see how people think it sounds tho and hope that the price goes down if I want it. Plus, i'm sure it can't be much better than the mag d2 , it might even be worse

    So in the meantime. ima keep saving my money for that Mag d2




  11. #41
    Zeph's Avatar
    Zeph is offline C eh, N eh, D eh



    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Thunder Bay
    Posts
    179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    id have to say the mag d2




  12. #42
    aarunt1's Avatar
    aarunt1 is offline :D

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    Ye..I'm pretty much set on Mag d2 Its gonna own when I get it




  13. #43
    zebo's Avatar
    zebo is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    Looks like I may be a bit late, but I’ll throw in my opinion anyways…..I have owned a Brahma 12, powered by a bp 1200.1 and in a sealed 1 cube box. So basically it is the exact setup you would have if you got the Brahma 12. I can tell you now, that this setup had the best SQ I have ever heard from a sub, and I’ve been into this stuff for over 10 years now. I am not saying that it sounds better than the d2, since I haven’t had a chance to listen to one of them yet. I can tell you that Brahma 12 setup would sound excellent, not to mention it will move some air with that much power….

    Btw, you don’t need to shoot for rms ratings, giving a sub less power will not harm it at all. It’s as much in the application as it is the power ratings




  14. #44
    aarunt1's Avatar
    aarunt1 is offline :D

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by zebo
    Looks like I may be a bit late, but I’ll throw in my opinion anyways…..I have owned a Brahma 12, powered by a bp 1200.1 and in a sealed 1 cube box. So basically it is the exact setup you would have if you got the Brahma 12. I can tell you now, that this setup had the best SQ I have ever heard from a sub, and I’ve been into this stuff for over 10 years now. I am not saying that it sounds better than the d2, since I haven’t had a chance to listen to one of them yet. I can tell you that Brahma 12 setup would sound excellent, not to mention it will move some air with that much power….

    Btw, you don’t need to shoot for rms ratings, giving a sub less power will not harm it at all. It’s as much in the application as it is the power ratings
    Ye I like both subs alot even tho I've heard neither. I will say I like the
    Mags basket better, but that isn't sumthing that you will see unless you take it out. I'm still not totally decided. I know the xxx, brahma12 or mag d2 will all be really great subs but its just hard to pick one you kno? I'll be gettin one next month so I still got time to make my decision. I wish I could hear from someone who has heard both.




  15. #45
    aarunt1's Avatar
    aarunt1 is offline :D

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which subwoofer should I buy?

    Actually, I dunno why I said i'm still undecided, I think ima go for mag d2 all the way. After reading those posts about brahma vs d2 seems like more like the d2.

    Read urself

    http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthrea...=magnum+brahma

    http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthrea...=magnum+brahma




Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie!!! Need help on subwoofer!!!
    By clickart in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 09:32 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 07:10 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 05:31 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum