Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sub Box in Truck

foxfire is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sub Box in Truck

I have a Orion Cobalt 10 svc that I had in a bandpass box in my old car. since I now have a truck that's obviously gotta go. I was planning to make a small sealed box to put on the floor on top of the tranny hump on my extended cab ram .....

I was debating on wether to change up to a vega 10dvc or perhaps a fosgate 10dvc ... herd a fosgate in my friend's stang' and it hit real good .... so with this in mind, should I go for a ported box instead? I know the vega site only recomends ported boxes but considering what I have in mind ... I'm open to ideas .... odds are I'll just stick with the orion for now. but I know they prefer ports too.

so who's got ideas? downfiring is my basic plan ... probibly with some gaps to allow for air movement. sealed or ported ..... port facing the back of the truck or the front of the truck ... etc .... gimme some ideas peeps .....

have fun and keep a thumping .... before I forget ... I'm in for the SQ

Art

audiotaylor is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check out my post below "bad vibes". I posted a couple pics of the box I made for my chevy s-10. If you want more detail, let me know. You could also email me.
    -David

Just because I don't say it, don't mean I aint thinkin it.

foxfire is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nope

no, that setup wouldnt work for me .... the seat in the back would rather prohibit it .... I'm getting off of my *** and installing the amp at least this weekend .. it'll encourage me to get the rest done. think I'ma go with the sealed box to keep it small as possible .. hope my amp is going to push it hard enough

Closed Thread