Reload Thread: Kicker Help

SounDrive is offline SounDrive RCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Kicker Help

"I'm wondering if I should get 2 kicker 12s"

He clearly doesn't have them yet, so why not broaden his choices

Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

Find us on Facebook!

psych0ticnemes1 is offline Psych0tic Customs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I think he's seeing all of that already just in this thread.

References:

Ali1, michaellane, cadillac114, chasinSKURT, DaRevrin, rhuff80, sam yung, The215, tukn18s, Xenophontos,nuboot,jfitz97,LuckyDerDer 2x

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious. View Post
    "I'm wondering if I should get 2 kicker 12s"

He clearly doesn't have them yet, so why not broaden his choices
    I hope u have a huge friggen amp brah

SounDrive is offline SounDrive RCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy13091 View Post
    I hope u have a huge friggen amp brah
    6900w Boss FTW

Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

Find us on Facebook!

st0n3r is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy13091 View Post
    Kicker hater ? lol ... He runs kicker u dumbasss
    Just because he is using 1 model doesnt mean anything. He trash talks to company and tried to steer him away from the sub woofers he has. Again, if you dont like a company save it for someone who cares to ask your opinion. He asked about enclosures, not what brand of sub to buy, who has a better sub etc. So grow the hell up *******.

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by st0n3r View Post
    I clearly answered his question, you must still have the blindfold on as a Kicker hater and didnt notice where i told him that he would want to go with fewer subs, or smaller to keep the quantity as the space would not allow for him to get the most out of the sub's.
    He asked if he should use the ported prefab or a sealed box. He did not ask anything about going to a single sub, or if he should drop to 10s or anything else; his question was between the first 2 choices.

And you did not tell him which of the 2 would be better to use, so therefore you did not answer his question. Out of the 2, the ported pre fab would still be the better option.

And yes I'm a kicker hater, although I run kicker subs, and if you read my post above, I clearly answered his question.

Just because he is using 1 model doesnt mean anything. He trash talks to company and tried to steer him away from the sub woofers he has. Again, if you dont like a company save it for someone who cares to ask your opinion. He asked about enclosures, not what brand of sub to buy, who has a better sub etc. So grow the hell up *******.
    Are you just trying to troll or are you always this stupid? So tell me how this response is steering him away from Kicker. I told him which would be better to use

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    And yet you didn't even answer his original question.

Op you're set on the kickers, the preloaded ported enclosure will give you more output than a sealed box.
    And once again I'll say, I told him if he wants to use those Kicker subs, the ported enclosure would be the better option. I never told him not to use the subs, and if I did, please quote me.

I did say the Solo X was the only Kicker sub i would run, but that is because none of their other subs are in the power range I plan on running.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

There is nothing wrong with trying to brooden peoples options. He might not know there is anything else out there. I didnt a few years back but this forum and the many opinions made me curious. At first I did not trust them but i started seeing how many people loved them so I went away from my original plans... Somebody on this forum saved me from a lot of disapointment. Did I ask for sub options? No... I'm I thankful some nutthugger told me the subs I wanted where trash? Yes... And guess what, they where.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    There is nothing wrong with trying to brooden peoples options. He might not know there is anything else out there. I didnt a few years back but this forum and the many opinions made me curious. At first I did not trust them but i started seeing how many people loved them so I went away from my original plans... Somebody on this forum saved me from a lot of disapointment. Did I ask for sub options? No... I'm I thankful some nutthugger told me the subs I wanted where trash? Yes... And guess what, they where.
    Yeah but it would be better if they answer the original question and then state their other opinions, instead of just being so quick to talk trash.

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Don't get too butthurt Sally .. I didn't even mention his woofers .. Just called u out for being stupid

st0n3r is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I clearly answered his question. I told him i didnt think his sub's would thrive in EITHER enclosure to either drop down in size to keep 2 subs, or drop quantity to stay at the 12. Never did i mention other brands etc. I offered him what a majority opinion would be based on his question, neither box is really sufficient.

NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I took the time to actually READ the OP's post and I did a little math and offered up a better solution for him for around the same price point - I do not see any issues with doing this, options are always nice to consider... Should the OP want to run the kickers, I would get 2 10's instead and build a ported box or have a ported box built for them considering the space he wants to use overall for his enclosure... Everyone needs to stop bickering, it does no one any good, but certainly makes 4 some entertaining reading at times lol

- Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I clearly answered his question. I told him i didnt think his sub's would thrive in EITHER enclosure to either drop down in size to keep 2 subs, or drop quantity to stay at the 12. Never did i mention other brands etc. I offered him what a majority opinion would be based on his question, neither box is really sufficient.
    No you did not. Maybe the Op is set on these 2 choices and doesn't want anything else. Your answer still does not tell him which would be better out of the 2 choices.

Those kicker prefabs might not be good, but they are better than a sealed box. And if the op is dead set on the kickers, then the prefab pre-loaded ported would be the better of the 2 options. Which is what he asked.

Of course there's many better options, but the op didn't ask for that. He listed 2 choices and wanted an answer out of those 2.

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    I wish I would have done it for my first setup lol, boy I went through tons of garbage systems before actually learned stuff lol
    totally feel you on that lol

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Komsan6063 View Post
    If i planned on a new box i would get it built. I live in a 9x12 dorm cant build **** in it. Also, it doesnt matter if people bash brands. Everyone involved in car audio has a different opionion. Some people told me RE Audio ***** And kicker and pioneer were great. I asked different people they said my subs were good but kicker and Pioneer are trash. Its kinda hard to get a straight answer. Also are there any 10s that have a higher rms that wud hit as hard as 2 12s?
    first of all, dont make the mistake of thinking at this low tier price range that higher RMS is always better, because a lot of the times its not. There's a reason why people recommended you a 600 rms sundown over an 800 rms kicker, and all these mother f$%rs like it loud!

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

macsdad is online now boom-boom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You damm skippy, loud and low.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3