The dustcap was the last item waiting to be finished and I glued it onto the cone yesterday. Today after I got off work I decided it was ready to be tested free air. Hooked it up to my Audioque 1200D and got it moving pretty decently and so far I have to say I'm really happy!! The glue jobs could have been a bit prettier in some areas, but it was my first time so they will get better.
The sub plays just fine and no hint of coil rub or any other mechanical issue. I will be playing it free air during the week to break it in a bit while I wait for my DATS to get here from parts express so I can pull the T/S parameters off it. Was definitely a fun experience and I learned quite a few things along the way lol.
Next build will be my other AV.2 motor except it will be a 12" this time around and I'm going to color coat the basket. Anyways, here are some pics, hope you guys enjoy!