Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 109

Reload Thread: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

  1. #61
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyk90 View Post
    Bro, I've been running DD's in MECA since 2007. I still have the loudest Street 2,3,4, and currently 5 scores on record.

    Also, my buddy blake clements runs DDZ's in M3 and is currently sitting at a 159.2.

    Who are you again?

    And don't give me any bullcrap about being "daily" or tuned low or whatever. You brought up MECA scores and classes, so I don't want to hear about why you lost.
    Blake's setup is my dream build that will never happen. He got me thinking hard about running a single Z15



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.




  2. #62
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    I havent lost all year , again not a numbers machine or like the DD 10", (neat trick at worlds last year btw) or the blazer that Blake runs (cool guy tho), I just do it for fun...and again I would rather park and pound then chase numbers, but thats just me
    What do you p&p? I've never done it at a show but tested a 129. It was a official layout. Last time at a show was a 22 with level 3s.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  3. #63
    tommyk90's Avatar
    tommyk90 is offline THE WHOLE THING!!!



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago Heights, IL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    I havent lost all year , again not a numbers machine or like the DD 10", (neat trick at worlds last year btw) or the blazer that Blake runs (cool guy tho), I just do it for fun...and again I would rather park and pound then chase numbers, but thats just me
    I haven't lost SPL since 2006. True story.

    Just saying, DD's have a stereotype around them for some reason. Given the proper setup they can play low and MEAN. Personally I wouldn't use them for a "low" setup, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

    ---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    Blake's setup is my dream build that will never happen. He got me thinking hard about running a single Z15
    Blakes build is stupid loud. It's brutally loud for how simple it is/looks.




    Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

    2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

    One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.



  4. #64
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    What do you p&p? I've never done it at a show but tested a 129. It was a official layout. Last time at a show was a 22 with level 3s.
    Best so far was a 132.xx best at a show was 129.xx (Young Money- New Sh*t) and (The Dream- I love your girl) fuse went at the end of that one..not to many people P&P around here tho kinda makes me sad, because to me that is what a real system is not something that can burp a 160 for 3seconds...But to each his/her own




  5. #65
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyk90 View Post
    I haven't lost SPL since 2006. True story.

    Just saying, DD's have a stereotype around them for some reason. Given the proper setup they can play low and MEAN. Personally I wouldn't use them for a "low" setup, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

    ---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------



    Blakes build is stupid loud. It's brutally loud for how simple it is/looks.
    Have you played with the new I models? It's a different sub. I haven't liked DD for the lows in many years till these.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  6. #66
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    Best so far was a 132.xx best at a show was 129.xx (Young Money- New Sh*t) and (The Dream- I love your girl) fuse went at the end of that one..not to many people P&P around here tho kinda makes me sad, because to me that is what a real system is not something that can burp a 160 for 3seconds...But to each his/her own
    Mine was money man decafed I think. It's like 38hz



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  7. #67
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyk90 View Post
    I haven't lost SPL since 2006. True story.

    Just saying, DD's have a stereotype around them for some reason. Given the proper setup they can play low and MEAN. Personally I wouldn't use them for a "low" setup, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

    ---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------



    Blakes build is stupid loud. It's brutally loud for how simple it is/looks.
    lol I know who you are

    and we agree then, a few pages back I said DD is nice stuff, kinda pricey, and I wouldnt use it for a "low" setup

    Also a buddy of mine is doing 158s right now he said he has something plained for finals to see if he can top Blake, Im not in that league so I will just sit back and watch




  8. #68
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyk90 View Post
    I haven't lost SPL since 2006. True story.

    Just saying, DD's have a stereotype around them for some reason. Given the proper setup they can play low and MEAN. Personally I wouldn't use them for a "low" setup, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

    ---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------



    Blakes build is stupid loud. It's brutally loud for how simple it is/looks.
    They have that stereotype cause they are not a new forum boner even though they still win everything and hold how many builds over 180 with not that much cone area? Is anybody else besides DD over 180?



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  9. #69
    tommyk90's Avatar
    tommyk90 is offline THE WHOLE THING!!!



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago Heights, IL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    lol I know who you are

    and we agree then, a few pages back I said DD is nice stuff, kinda pricey, and I wouldnt use it for a "low" setup

    Also a buddy of mine is doing 158s right now he said he has something plained for finals to see if he can top Blake, Im not in that league so I will just sit back and watch
    Who's your buddy? I don't see anybody even close to Blake in M3.




    Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

    2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

    One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.



  10. #70
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Guy down here in Miss. has a flat wall (4) 9518i's? He absolutely crushes lows. Like... 160ish in the 30's.

    2003f150 is his screen name. Brett is his real name. I can't link YT from this computer but this is a pretty bad ass vid.

    4 9518's on 2 M4a's 400 FPS.... - Car Audio Classifieds



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  11. #71
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    They have that stereotype cause they are not a new forum boner even though they still win everything and hold how many builds over 180 with not that much cone area? Is anybody else besides DD over 180?
    Danny Hayes, Butler, Dante and Hal? Those are the only 80's vehicles I know of. And I only know what subs Butler runs.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  12. #72
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Danny Hayes, Butler, Dante and Hal? Those are the only 80's vehicles I know of. And I only know what subs Butler runs.
    I know butler and one more, can't remember his name but I think he's in NC. Also didn't somebody in Puerto Rico get it? If so that was DD also. I seen it on facebook but it was a while ago.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  13. #73
    tommyk90's Avatar
    tommyk90 is offline THE WHOLE THING!!!



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago Heights, IL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Scott Van Riper also broke a 180 with dd's. I think he's testing with crossfire's now.

    Regardless, we're getting off topic here.




    Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

    2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

    One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.



  14. #74
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyk90 View Post
    Who's your buddy? I don't see anybody even close to Blake in M3.
    He has been holding back a good bit




  15. #75
    tommyk90's Avatar
    tommyk90 is offline THE WHOLE THING!!!



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago Heights, IL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    He has been holding back a good bit
    I was looking for names. lol.

    Anyways, lets get back on topic here.




    Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

    2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

    One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.



Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: 15 inch sub for 2.5 cube box on 1000w
    By srch4aresn in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 07:50 PM
  2. Best 15" SPL Sub for around $250?
    By italicizedspong in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
  4. Best BRAND NEW 15 inch sub for under $205?
    By krisfnbz in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 05:51 PM
  5. Best subs for me(on a budget)
    By nwo504 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 10:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum