Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 109

Reload Thread: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

  1. #46
    Garcia915's Avatar
    Garcia915 is offline Premium Member Garcia915 is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Odessa, Tx
    Posts
    172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    So used it was $200 less the the DD would cost new. That's about right lol. Still say DD is overpriced? They are both very good subs, everything mentioned in this thread is good. I'm busting the bs forum rumor about DD being overpriced. Isn't the CF a rebadged Fi also? I know it's not original.
    My dd dealer wants close to $800 for a 9515 new, probably cuz they're the only dd dealer within 600 miles. Fi builds cf's subs, but just cuz they build it doesn't mean it's the same sub.







  2. #47
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2945 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Garcia915 View Post
    My dd dealer wants close to $800 for a 9515 new, probably cuz they're the only dd dealer within 600 miles. Fi builds cf's subs, but just cuz they build it doesn't mean it's the same sub.
    Evil is the same as the SP4 so I would expect CF to share stuff. Don't know for sure though. Sounds like a ****** dealer.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  3. #48
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    694 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    **** boomsday if I had 15s these overpriced DDs would be crushing those same price crossfires
    Doubt it...Mind you my scores are with a single 250a fuse, meter at the headrest all doors closed, and playing music (Young Money- New Sh*t)

    I must be doing something right because I kick a$$ in Meca, and nobody with DD is even close in my division....




  4. #49
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2945 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    Doubt it...Mind you my scores are with a single 250a fuse, meter at the headrest all doors closed, and playing music (Young Money- New Sh*t)

    I must be doing something right because I kick a$$ in Meca, and nobody with DD is even close in my division....
    Well funny how MECA meters with the door open. You wouldn't do to good around here. DD owns MECA and the scores for street 2-3 and mod are higher. Not burp cars normally.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  5. #50
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    694 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    Well funny how MECA meters with the door open. You wouldn't do to good around here. DD owns MECA and the scores for street 2-3 and mod are higher. Not burp cars normally.
    nope, u can meter how you want in M3, doors open, closed, windows down, etc (you just cant be in the vehicle or rev the engine)...In street 2-3 around here (TN, AL, GA, FL) You see alot of sundown, dc, and FI.. In the mod classes you see alot of DC, FI, Tantric, and believe it or not JL




  6. #51
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is online now I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    I metered at the headrest the other day just to see...

    I lost 10db. Lol.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  7. #52
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2945 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    nope, u can meter how you want in M3, doors open, closed, windows down, etc (you just cant be in the vehicle or rev the engine)...In street 2-3 around here (TN, AL, GA, FL) You see alot of sundown, dc, and FI.. In the mod classes you see alot of DC, FI, Tantric, and believe it or not JL
    We have a few that run JL here and do very well. You see the others here but you see DD winning in every class they are in. I would say DC would be second cause I've had my share and many run them. Sundown seems to always disappoint.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  8. #53
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    694 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    Well funny how MECA meters with the door open. You wouldn't do to good around here. DD owns MECA and the scores for street 2-3 and mod are higher. Not burp cars normally.
    and looking at the scores, on the meca site I would do more then good

    I have been holding back for finals, Hope to see you there




  9. #54
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    694 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    We have a few that run JL here and do very well. You see the others here but you see DD winning in every class they are in. I would say DC would be second cause I've had my share and many run them. Sundown seems to always disappoint.
    Yep I never see anybody that runs sundowns Subs win anything, but lots and lots use there amps




  10. #55
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2945 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    I metered at the headrest the other day just to see...

    I lost 10db. Lol.
    Mine does the same as the dash. Same peak also. Thinking about it, every tc I've seen is the same way.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  11. #56
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    694 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    I metered at the headrest the other day just to see...

    I lost 10db. Lol.
    thats no good




  12. #57
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2945 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    and looking at the scores, on the meca site I would do more then good

    I have been holding back for finals, Hope to see you there
    You won't. I haven't ran all year. Had a baby girl and the wife put the brakes on. And I'm deploying for 9 months



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  13. #58
    tommyk90's Avatar
    tommyk90 is offline THE WHOLE THING!!!



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago Heights, IL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomsday View Post
    nope, u can meter how you want in M3, doors open, closed, windows down, etc (you just cant be in the vehicle or rev the engine)...In street 2-3 around here (TN, AL, GA, FL) You see alot of sundown, dc, and FI.. In the mod classes you see alot of DC, FI, Tantric, and believe it or not JL
    Bro, I've been running DD's in MECA since 2007. I still have the loudest Street 2,3,4, and currently 5 scores on record.

    Nobody close in your division? My buddy blake clements runs DDZ's in M3 and is currently sitting at a 159.2.

    Who are you again?

    And don't give me any bullcrap about being "daily" or tuned low or whatever. You brought up MECA scores and classes, so I don't want to hear about why you lost.

    To anybody who say's that DD's (new or old) can't play low, obviously they didn't try hard enough. One of my old teammates had 4 9515f's that did 155's on the dash, 156's at the headrest and 157's outlaw, all below 40 hz.

    But to answer the OP's question, SP4's are beast. Honestly, any solid 2kw+ sub will do the trick as long as you build the right enclosure. Zcon, SP4, BTL, HDD, etc.




    Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

    2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

    One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.



  14. #59
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    694 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    Mine does the same as the dash. Same peak also. Thinking about it, every tc I've seen is the same way.
    Dash -1.3db
    Kick +1.9db
    Port +18db

    peak is still very similar from dash kick and headrest

    ---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    You won't. I haven't ran all year. Had a baby girl and the wife put the brakes on. And I'm deploying for 9 months
    Thanks for serving




  15. #60
    Boomsday's Avatar
    Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    694 Post(s)

    Re: Best 15" sub for music on 3k

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyk90 View Post
    Bro, I've been running DD's in MECA since 2007. I still have the loudest Street 2,3,4, and currently 5 scores on record.

    Also, my buddy blake clements runs DDZ's in M3 and is currently sitting at a 159.2.

    Who are you again?

    And don't give me any bullcrap about being "daily" or tuned low or whatever. You brought up MECA scores and classes, so I don't want to hear about why you lost.
    I havent lost all year , again not a numbers machine or like the DD 10", (neat trick at worlds last year btw) or the blazer that Blake runs (cool guy tho), I just do it for fun...and again I would rather park and pound then chase numbers, but thats just me




Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: 15 inch sub for 2.5 cube box on 1000w
    By srch4aresn in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 08:50 PM
  2. Best 15" SPL Sub for around $250?
    By italicizedspong in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 12:06 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 12:49 PM
  4. Best BRAND NEW 15 inch sub for under $205?
    By krisfnbz in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 06:51 PM
  5. Best subs for me(on a budget)
    By nwo504 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 11:42 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum