Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Reload Thread: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

  1. #1
    jigsISF's Avatar
    jigsISF is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    columbia, sc
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Hey Guys,
    Just decided to install a system in my 2008 ISF. I have this sealed enclosure which I bought from a friend and got it because it still leaves me with a decent amount of trunk space in my little trunk:

    New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)-2420108_2007-pictures-028.jpg

    I'm sure that's probably not the best box ever, but eh I like it and it seems pretty sturdy.

    Anyway, I have decided to go with the Fi Brand subs. I really wanted the Fi BL's but I noticed they only recommended in a ported box so that's out. So the next best Fi sub I found would be the Fi Q. With the High QTS option added.

    Take in mind I will most likely be purchasing a Rockford Fosgate T2500bd amp to accompany the speakers. The goal of my system is to have a nice sounding bass but with the capability to shake the Earth. My question's are as follows:

    1. Do I get these 2 subs made as a 1-ohm DVC or 2-ohm DVC? This is an option on the Fi website
    2. Will I see a difference in bass levels from the 1-ohm DVC and 2-ohm DVC?
    3. What kind of battery should I get for my car to supply this system? (upgrade stock battery vs upgrading stock AND adding secondary battery)
    4. Will that amp provide enough juice or should I look into something more like an AQ 3500??
    5. Any chance I will be able to do hair tricks with this setup or is there a way I can tweak this setup so I can?

    From my research I think I'd have to get 1-ohm DVC's wired in parallel to get down to the 1-ohm stability of the amp, but I am a novice at systems so any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks a lot guys, us new guys really do appreciate all the guidance this forum provides and if you need any more info I'd be glad to provide.







  2. #2
    Dirtrider4eva's Avatar
    Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    4,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsISF View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Just decided to install a system in my 2008 ISF. I have this sealed enclosure which I bought from a friend and got it because it still leaves me with a decent amount of trunk space in my little trunk:
    nice car, always a fan of the isf. personally would love a sc300, gs300.
    Attachment 26543340

    I'm sure that's probably not the best box ever, but eh I like it and it seems pretty sturdy.

    Anyway, I have decided to go with the Fi Brand subs. I really wanted the Fi BL's but I noticed they only recommended in a ported box so that's out. So the next best Fi sub I found would be the Fi Q. With the High QTS option added.

    Take in mind I will most likely be purchasing a Rockford Fosgate T2500bd amp to accompany the speakers. The goal of my system is to have a nice sounding bass but with the capability to shake the Earth. My question's are as follows:
    Will not happen in a sealed application. for the most output and earth shaking bass (lows). youll need to go ported. tuned low.
    1. Do I get these 2 subs made as a 1-ohm DVC or 2-ohm DVC? This is an option on the Fi website
    2. Will I see a difference in bass levels from the 1-ohm DVC and 2-ohm DVC?
      Impedance plays a big role. 2 DVC 1 ohm subs allow you to wire to 1 ohm, 4 ohm, or .25 ohm. 2DVC 2 ohm allow 2 ohm, half ohm, or 8 ohm. for a RF 2500bd(cP) you would want to wire to 1 ohm. so 2 DVC 1 ohm.
    3. What kind of battery should I get for my car to supply this system? (upgrade stock battery vs upgrading stock AND adding secondary battery)
      for 2500 you will want to do the big 3, minimum stock batt + 3 batts. and High output alternator.
    4. Will that amp provide enough juice or should I look into something more like an AQ 3500??
      while an aq3500 is a great amp, you will need a lot of electrical. now i assume you have a fair sized budget owning an ISF. but likely spend 3-500 on an alternator with High output, 100-150 per battery. and 200ish on wiring. to save some cash on electrical and weight. look into MMATS. super efficient amps, small footprint. and great power.
    5. Any chance I will be able to do hair tricks with this setup or is there a way I can tweak this setup so I can? hair tricks are completely dependent on an individuals setup. since youre in a trunk environment. A hair trick will be extremely hard, probably not going to happen. But a hair trick doesnt mean youre loud or not. is dependent on tuning, resonant frequency, and how the air moves in the vehicle.

    From my research I think I'd have to get 1-ohm DVC's wired in parallel to get down to the 1-ohm stability of the amp, but I am a novice at systems so any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks a lot guys, us new guys really do appreciate all the guidance this forum provides and if you need any more info I'd be glad to provide.
    there



    welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

  3. Likes jockhater2 liked this post
  4. #3
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider4eva View Post
    there
    4 new batteries, and an H/O alt to boot? Seems a little excessive. I'd just replace the stock batt, and add one in the back and see if you need more. Also, don't buy 150 dollar batteries, that's why you'd have to buy 4 of them, lol. Find a couple 100+Ah batts. You shouldn't have to spend more on your electrical than on the rest of your system combined...



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  5. #4
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    More misinformation, just because an enclosure is sealed doesn't mean your subs won't play low. Will they play as loud as a ported box? no, but you make it sound like he won't be able to hear his system below 40hz. You already have the box, so you might as well try it out. If it's not for you, then go ported.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  6. #5
    jigsISF's Avatar
    jigsISF is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    columbia, sc
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Thanks for all the good info guys. Yea I kinda freaked when he said 3 batteries, no clue where I would even put them all. But like you said since I already have the box why not try it. A buddy suggested to keep my stock battery and add a Power XS batt in the trunk and then go from there.




  7. #6
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsISF View Post
    Thanks for all the good info guys. Yea I kinda freaked when he said 3 batteries, no clue where I would even put them all. But like you said since I already have the box why not try it. A buddy suggested to keep my stock battery and add a Power XS batt in the trunk and then go from there.
    I'm actually about to do a 2500w build myself, and my electrical is going to be stock alt & front battery with 1/0 OFC everywhere and an XS Power XP3000. I would prefer to replace my front battery as well, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to afford it.

    You can always back your gains down until you're not dropping too much, and then put them back up once a second battery is in.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  8. #7
    jigsISF's Avatar
    jigsISF is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    columbia, sc
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    I'm actually about to do a 2500w build myself, and my electrical is going to be stock alt & front battery with 1/0 OFC everywhere and an XS Power XP3000. I would prefer to replace my front battery as well, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to afford it.

    You can always back your gains down until you're not dropping too much, and then put them back up once a second battery is in.
    Sweet man what you gonna have bumpin in there? Oh and do you know of anywhere I can get a custom ported box for my ISF? I picked this box because it fits nicely into my trunk but if I could get someone to build me a ported box similar to this one I'd be all over it so I could get that monster bass.




  9. #8
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsISF View Post
    Sweet man what you gonna have bumpin in there? Oh and do you know of anywhere I can get a custom ported box for my ISF? I picked this box because it fits nicely into my trunk but if I could get someone to build me a ported box similar to this one I'd be all over it so I could get that monster bass.
    I'll be putting in an SQ HDC3 18" on a RUB1.2500D. I'm probably just gonna DMM the amp to about 2000w, which is still 2x RMS for that sub. I'm also gonna be putting some PHD FB6.1 comps on a DD C2c in the doors. Should sound nice once it's all said and done.

    Box builders on here would be DC Creations and SS Audio Solutions.



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  10. #9
    DDtC's Avatar
    DDtC is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    You're going to need to pull off every panel and apply deadener and closed cell foam or that nice car is going to turn into a rattle trap. It's a Toyota so a alternator upgrade is a must, get the largest and best one you can. Depending on where it charges like mine you might need a bypass or external regulator.



    • 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

  11. #10
    jigsISF's Avatar
    jigsISF is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    columbia, sc
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    You're going to need to pull off every panel and apply deadener and closed cell foam or that nice car is going to turn into a rattle trap. It's a Toyota so a alternator upgrade is a must, get the largest and best one you can. Depending on where it charges like mine you might need a bypass or external regulator.
    Where exactly should I put the deadener, just the trunk? Also you have any good deadener you can recommend and how much sq. feet I should get? I'm trying not to spend hundreds of dollars on it but will take your advice. Thanks in advance.




  12. #11
    DDtC's Avatar
    DDtC is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsISF View Post
    Where exactly should I put the deadener, just the trunk? Also you have any good deadener you can recommend and how much sq. feet I should get? I'm trying not to spend hundreds of dollars on it but will take your advice. Thanks in advance.
    Trunk, doors, quarter panels. Audiotechnix has good deadener, also dynaliner for the CCF. Put it in between the panels and sheet metal.



    • 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

  13. #12
    Dirtrider4eva's Avatar
    Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    4,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    T2500 bdcp are inneficient amps. And sealed boxes do not typically plaw that low. Size is a fsctor and his enclosure looks small.. you will not get 2500 off a stock battery and one in the rear. I've actually ran 2500rms.



    welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

  14. #13
    Tbsh's Avatar
    Tbsh is offline Hai.



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Fl
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Another good sound deadener to look at that's on the cheaper side is Murdermat, great stuff.



    Eclipse 8053, SSA Xcon 18, DC 2k, MurderMat & SHCA wiring.
    Sold to: havieri23, akheathen
    Bought from: 09Civic(x2), SounDrive, shiipseki

  15. #14
    gramser57's Avatar
    gramser57 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    To get to 2K daily minimum would be 1/0 run of OFC from front batt to back batt, rear battery minimum 75AH AGM. If your not planning to get a H.O. alt frequently check your resting voltage before you start the car and chances are if you hammering on it alot be prepared to charge your batts every week. Without a h.o. alt the only amp I would recommend is a DD M2b, they are efficient and make rated power at 11.9V and you will be dipping in the mid 12 volts on full tilt.



    B16 SE-R

  16. #15
    jigsISF's Avatar
    jigsISF is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    columbia, sc
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

    Quote Originally Posted by gramser57 View Post
    To get to 2K daily minimum would be 1/0 run of OFC from front batt to back batt, rear battery minimum 75AH AGM. If your not planning to get a H.O. alt frequently check your resting voltage before you start the car and chances are if you hammering on it alot be prepared to charge your batts every week. Without a h.o. alt the only amp I would recommend is a DD M2b, they are efficient and make rated power at 11.9V and you will be dipping in the mid 12 volts on full tilt.
    Is there a way I can add a digital meter so I can know what my resting voltage is at every start up? Where would I hook that meter up to? I think I can manage the battery and the 1/0 wire. How would I charge the battery every week if I do hammer hard at any given time?




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new speakers....new amps
    By EPanther99 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2002, 05:13 AM
  2. new speakers
    By brian in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2002, 09:49 PM
  3. How do i put new speakers in for my car?
    By montecarlo in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2002, 10:44 AM
  4. installing new speakers
    By captainkeen in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2002, 03:14 PM
  5. Running new speaker wire
    By <Muff DVR> in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2001, 05:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum