devin2010 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

time to replace subs.

OK I need to replace my current blown subs. Specs

2 Memphis m3 10s
    Ported box tuned at 34-35
    Audiobahn dub1200 amp. ( I think its underrated )
    Ex cab f150
    Mix of rap & country music.
    Spare amp- old school bazooka 300d (WAY UNDERRATED)
    Don't want to use for 2 10s last time it was used I three it into a buddies truck before a show. 4 fosgate t1s in a 4 Dr silverado metered out at 152db. Not crazy loud but hey its "300" watts. And won a $100 bet some guy said it wouldn't scratch 130. Wana bet? Lmao.

Anyway the m3s are done. Coils are toast. So I need some new subs, would like something comparable to the Memphis in sound / loudness, I would like to spend 150-200 a sub. I was thinking p3s but I'm hearing fosgates not what it used to be. So what's y'alls opinion? Also need to be able to handle the audiobahn amp, please don't bash it. Its been pushing the crap out of anything I've put behind it.

Thanks y'all

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: time to replace subs.

I say that price range because the pair of p3s will run me about 250 or so and my m3s were almost 400. And I really hate to burn up 400 dollar subs. Lol. Also they were wired at 1.02 ohms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

First, I would recommend you learn to set your amplifier correctly. Your subs were most likely blown due to excessive heat caused by clipping. Second, that audiobahn amp most likely doesn't even make rated power. The reason you think its so powerful is most likely because of the gain being set incorrectly and being drove in to clipping.

But to answer your original question... a pair of Sundown Audio SA10s fit your requirements.

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I'm pretty sure the amps set right, it was all built tuned and installed by a reputable shop. And I've never saw the clipping meter bounce into the red on the amp. I know audiobahn has a bad name but I've been very pleased with the dub edition. I like it better than the Memphis 800.1 I had a few years back.

Closed Thread