Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Opinions on compact subs?

™Caveman is offline Ewwww kill Em!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Opinions on compact subs?

That rli with 600 watts will bang hard. I put 350 watts to it and it laughd at me but sounded great doing it.

Bought from: Double07(Regular)Mylows10, Bhsdriller,Moller1129, 09civic , Oxsign, Regizzle
    Sold To: Zedicus , Nate1017, Ram1500 , Oxsign , 310_cutty(twice), RoYALbLUE08, joelacer, Jeep2000

razir66 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had to join the forum to tell you NOT to get the JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3. I read reviews where people said things like 'my friends thought I had 2 10's in the car', what a crock! I have one now and if you have to have it, buy mine. I have an older Alpine 1221 Type R in a small sealed box in my wife's car with an Alpine MRVT420 which is rated 340W rms, not a lot, and that thing slams, which is what I'm basing my comparison on. The microsub just cannot play the lower stuff with any amount of volume, that said, it'll sound better in your car then in my noisy interior. I've been researching a ton trying to find a nice sub for my car, I have an mr2 convertible and space is limited, but I can do up to .75 cubic ft. so I'm hoping for a nice sounding sealed 10" that hits, any suggestions? I have a JL XD 500/3 which is generously rated at 300W at 2 ohm for the sub channel so that's what I have to work with. I have 4 gauge on the amp so I'm ready to work it as hard as it can go. I've been leaning towards RE audio SE-X10D4, Alpine SWR-10D4, but I'm all ears to what any one suggests because I need to buy something that hits at least as good as what is in my wife's car, and I think I should at least be able to get close, I mean what she has is nothing compared to what a lot of you guys have and it sounds great to me so any thoughts on a sub for my system that can get me close, I'm all ears. Trying to stay away from a vented box unless someone makes a sub that can be 0.75 and vented, i suppose I could go down to an 8" like a sundown sa8... but I have no firsthand knowledge, only what I'm reading.

shinealight is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

razir66, i'm exactly where you are. After looking for days It seems the best route I found is exactly what you said, a RE SE-X10 in a sealed box. Anybody got a better idea on a 10" for size, value, and sound? Or amp recommendations? Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2