Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Reload Thread: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

  1. #16
    Markyg66's Avatar
    Markyg66 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma city ok
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    There's a reason they are cheap.
    Really? Have a friend here running 8 rubicons on 6 AB HD 15's for two years now no problems,doing a 163.

    I think all brands have their pros and cons,but i've seen waaaay worse than soundstream or hifonics.







  2. #17
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markyg66 View Post
    Really? Have a friend here running 8 rubicons on 6 AB HD 15's for two years now no problems,doing a 163.

    I think all brands have their pros and cons,but i've seen waaaay worse than soundstream or hifonics.
    How do you run 8 amps on 6 subs?



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  3. #18
    Markyg66's Avatar
    Markyg66 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma city ok
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    How do you run 8 amps on 6 subs?
    Says they were sent off to steve meade,something about strapping is all i know




  4. #19
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markyg66 View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger on a DD9518E! And then I went totally stupid and snagged a rubicon 1.2500 and a hifonics zrx3000.1! Jeez that bug bit hard no telling what iI'll do next!

    I will post pics of gear in gallery,just can't seem to post pics off the ps3 or the iphone. And im seriously thinking about a VFL750.1
    You done goofed. Those are terrible amps.... the DD95 was a really good call for SPL though. I'd take LV6 over the DD95, but I think DD will be a step up over the 5. Dump those amps on craigslist and get one of the reliable 5K's (Atomic, RD D9, Sundown 4500, Crescendo, DC, AB 500.1, etc. etc.)



    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    should have bought the vfl 750.1 , why would you even mess with the other 2 amps with that sub .it will take more than they can dish out
    I wouldn't touch any of those Korean 7K boards. Definitely time bombs IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    There's a reason they are cheap.
    Oh yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    How do you run 8 amps on 6 subs?
    Assuming DVC subs you have 12 coils. Strap the amps and you have each pair (strapped) driving 3 coils. I had considered doing similar for a friend's 6-pack if his current amps don't make enough power to the load we have wired.




  5. Thanks supereikenator thanked for this post
  6. #20
    Markyg66's Avatar
    Markyg66 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma city ok
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Icon6 Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You done goofed. Those are terrible amps.... the DD95 was a really good call for SPL though. I'd take LV6 over the DD95, but I think DD will be a step up over the 5. Dump those amps on craigslist and get one of the reliable 5K's (Atomic, RD D9, Sundown 4500, Crescendo, DC, AB 500.1, etc. etc.)





    I wouldn't touch any of those Korean 7K boards. Definitely time bombs IMO.



    Oh yes.



    Assuming DVC subs you have 12 coils. Strap the amps and you have each pair (strapped) driving 3 coils. I had considered doing similar for a friend's 6-pack if his current amps don't make enough power to the load we have wired.
    Done goofed? LMAO! Ya know back in the day we ran visonik 4000xd's and people said they were ****,same with the audiobahn microwaves,seems like no matter what no brand is good enough,right?




  7. #21
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markyg66 View Post
    Done goofed? LMAO! Ya know back in the day we ran visonik 4000xd's and people said they were ****,same with the audiobahn microwaves,seems like no matter what no brand is good enough,right?
    Visonic 4K is same as MA audio 4K. They make rated power @ 18V and like to catch fire a lot (I've seen a few catch fire). As far as I know the only reason people around here used that amp is because it counted as 50W in USACi.

    There are good amps and there's junk. There's time tested reliable boards and there's boards that have proven to be prone to failure. Spend your money how you like, I had to learn the hard way (read expensive way) myself. In 4 clamp tests when you get those amps installed.




  8. #22
    quis1's Avatar
    quis1 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    H-TOWN, KS
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    When is your first comp? There is some in Guthrie and Enid in May.




  9. #23
    Markyg66's Avatar
    Markyg66 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma city ok
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by quis1 View Post
    When is your first comp? There is some in Guthrie and Enid in May.
    Going to hit as many as i can close,we have a local non sanctioned here on the 25th




  10. #24
    Markyg66's Avatar
    Markyg66 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma city ok
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Visonic 4K is same as MA audio 4K. They make rated power @ 18V and like to catch fire a lot (I've seen a few catch fire). As far as I know the only reason people around here used that amp is because it counted as 50W in USACi.

    There are good amps and there's junk. There's time tested reliable boards and there's boards that have proven to be prone to failure. Spend your money how you like, I had to learn the hard way (read expensive way) myself. In 4 clamp tests when you get those amps installed.
    Come on man, i've seen all the big competitors to the small guys in the lanes burn through amps to get the number using what they thought was the best at the time.Let's hear your description of the perfect spl system so we can all run it and be exactly the same? Jeez!




  11. #25
    PapaGeno21's Avatar
    PapaGeno21 is offline Captain Questions



    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Age
    25
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    So you are going to compete with a sick sub like the DD but power it with Hifonics?

    Wow.



    Team Tantric
    | Pioneer | DC Audio | Tantric | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

  12. #26
    Markyg66's Avatar
    Markyg66 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma city ok
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    No man, obviously you didn't read the whole thread, those amps were there and they were dirt cheap, they are **** good daily driver thumpers no matter what you think.

    Quit avoiding my question, i wanna know what you want me to run in street 1-2 so that i'll never break down and win the world title, cuz i'm breakin' out the visa if you have the answer to all my spl problems.




  13. #27
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markyg66 View Post
    Come on man, i've seen all the big competitors to the small guys in the lanes burn through amps to get the number using what they thought was the best at the time.Let's hear your description of the perfect spl system so we can all run it and be exactly the same? Jeez!
    I told you, the popular Korean 5K boards are quite reliable (with the exception of the Ascendend Audio "The Fix"). There'a about 3 different boards under 10 or 12 different brand names and they all do great things. Really if you don't mind breaking amps frequently don't worry about the big amps, most of them make rated power when they work, but all the guys up here who have used Soundstream gain big when they dump them get get good equipment.




  14. #28
    basshead7890's Avatar
    basshead7890 is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Al
    Posts
    537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    I told you, the popular Korean 5K boards are quite reliable (with the exception of the Ascendend Audio "The Fix"). There'a about 3 different boards under 10 or 12 different brand names and they all do great things. Really if you don't mind breaking amps frequently don't worry about the big amps, most of them make rated power when they work, but all the guys up here who have used Soundstream gain big when they dump them get get good equipment.
    The Fix is made by Addictive Audio
    http://www.addictive-audio.com/products/the-fix-series/
    Last edited by basshead7890; 04-12-2013 at 11:48 AM.



    95 Honda Accord
    Nook HD+ tablet
    Crossfire XS-V2 18"
    2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D
    Crescendo Audio C1100.4
    MurderMat Deadener

  15. #29
    SMS's Avatar
    SMS
    SMS is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    so do you have a big alternator and a few batteries?




  16. #30
    Markyg66's Avatar
    Markyg66 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma city ok
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    I told you, the popular Korean 5K boards are quite reliable (with the exception of the Ascendend Audio "The Fix"). There'a about 3 different boards under 10 or 12 different brand names and they all do great things. Really if you don't mind breaking amps frequently don't worry about the big amps, most of them make rated power when they work, but all the guys up here who have used Soundstream gain big when they dump them get get good equipment.
    I've used both brands for years and have had no problems,sorry for your closed minded opinion directed at car audio, i hope you find it in your soul some day to look at the positive realities of this sport and the gear we use in it.

    Go my son,be at peace. Ohm




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I think i found the perfect sub for me
    By 06cobaltssorang in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 02:25 AM
  2. I think the 2500d took a **** on me
    By SkwurlyFab in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 04:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum