Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reload Thread: American made subs?

05trailblazer is offline k33p groaning son :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: American made subs?

lol one person changing the world...

HU:Pioneer 80-PRS
    Fnt&Rear Spkrs: 8 Neo-Pro-v.2 soon
    Mid Amp: Sax-50.4& Sax-200.4
    Subs: 4 Sundown Audio 18s Z v.4 tuned at 15hrtz
    Amp: 2*NS-1s
    batts:,xs2500,xs3000 x20
    wire:0g OFC Audio Technix
    alt: 3 HO alts from??? from mechman or singer?

2. Likes TexasThump, jungstah, TheUnderFighter liked this post

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
    I am going to buy the Incriminator Lethal Injection, I will spend my money with a American company. Not a company that is charging the same but paying little labor in a country without labor laws and enviromental laws. It is all about profit, if Incriminator can build a sub of equal or better quality here in America for the same price as Sundown, obviously Sundown is making alot more profit, someone is greedy.
    FYI it takes about 1 hour to assemble a woofer here or in China. The "savings" of having things assembled in China VS. USA for a company is probably around 20$. Considering it's probably cheaper to ship stuff unassembled savings is probably less than that.

Your logic is flawed if you can't figure out precisely where the IA parts are built.

Really???? Because I would rather spend my money on a company that is building there stuff here in the U.S. I dont care if they are made with Chinese parts and assembled here in the U.S.. At least I know a American citizen that probably has a family and is paying taxes and actually contributing to our economy is being employed and putting my subs together, not a 10 year old Chinaman that probably cant spell sub is putting together my $200 speaker. I also am a musician but guess what I play a American Strat, not a Mexican Strat, even though I can buy 3 Mexican Strats for the price of a American Strat and you cant really tell the difference in the two. I spend my money on American equipment if at all possible, matter of fact I will go out of my way to buy American! And people wonder why our economy is failing. Buy American!!!! Support America, not China!!!
    American economy is in the toilet because 1. Private foreign banks have a complete monopoly of our money supply and issuance of credit, and 2. We pay people not to work and punatively tax, regulate, and otherwise punish people who do.

Do what makes you feel good, but be aware that in that level of woofer there is not going to be any performance loss from not using all American softparts, and the money spent on labor is minimal. IMO you're fighting the wrong battle here.

Reinhardt is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I started this thread to find a alternative to the Chinese made Sundown. I found what I was looking for, for all of you that dont like my reasoning, I could give a **** less. I make my money and will spend it how I want wether you like it or not. For those that suggested some American made subs, and amps. Thank you!!!! Obviously I am not the only one that thinks the way I do, or there wouldnt be a market for high priced and highly sought after American Fenders or American Gibsons guitars, when you can buy a cheap foriegn version. Same with everything else made.

For the guy that said, "One man out to change the world" That is usually how it works, you dont know much about history do you? It has happened throughout history, many times.

5. Dislikes TexasThump, TheUnderFighter disliked this post
    DDtC is offline Go cheap you get cheap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I started this thread to find a alternative to the Chinese made Sundown. I found what I was looking for, for all of you that dont like my reasoning, I could give a **** less. I make my money and will spend it how I want wether you like it or not. For those that suggested some American made subs, and amps. Thank you!!!! Obviously I am not the only one that thinks the way I do, or there wouldnt be a market for high priced and highly sought after American Fenders or American Gibsons guitars, when you can buy a cheap foriegn version. Same with everything else made.

For the guy that said, "One man out to change the world" That is usually how it works, you dont know much about history do you? It has happened throughout history, many times.
    I prefer to buy american but Im not going to settle for it if I cant afford what i want. Now saying that there are two types of chinesse audio. Hifonics, Audiopipe type and good QC quality type. Everything we buy in the US had something from asia. Clothes, cars, ect. Im sure even our food has something to do with asia. Maybe not directly but its there

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Alpine CDA-117
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DC 5K(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • DD M4a and XS D3100 coming soon
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

7. Likes TexasThump liked this post
    mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

mmats is what i would do american made coils built in florida still

the mmats p3.0 is a sick sub

P3.0
    @mylows10 ; can hook you up with a set iirc

or get a custom sub built by
    @SPLaudio ;

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

amps, there are plenty are you willing to go used or not. if new zed or mmats are going to be your best options for a mono amp

Old School Mmats DHC1400 1 New in The Box | eBay

really nice amp and an amazing find. one of the most effecient amps around underrated

will3 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCtC View Post
    I prefer to buy american but Im not going to settle for it if I cant afford what i want. Now saying that there are two types of chinesse audio. Hifonics, Audiopipe type and good QC quality type. Everything we buy in the US had something from asia. Clothes, cars, ect. Im sure even our food has something to do with asia. Maybe not directly but its there
    You do know that audiopipe owns there own factory and builds there own subwoofers in asia with there own QC

TheUnderFighter is online now Beer Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

There's plenty of "American" amplifier options. My pick would be Mmats.

2009 Hyundai Elantra - Budget Sound in Progress
    HU- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X994
    Fronts- Crescendo MP6 mids, Vifa Ring Radiator tweets on Arc KS300.4
    Subs- Single SA-10 on Mmats 2000.1 @ 1ohm
    Misc- 1/0 CCA from AT, Big 3 in Stinger HPM, and AT 60 mil deadener
    Bought from: Inferno333, select127, treesive, Kangaroux, DonH
    Sold to: coolest user, Psychodrama, MidgetClown, mr.tigger, av83

garretttt4 is offline big pimpin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
    don't forget ascendant audio and crossfire. they are all owned by the same guy
    Ascendant audio for the win.

Current setup
    OZ audio power 12.1s x2
    DD M3
    Alpine cde 9852
    4.2 cubes @ 36hz:

Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I'm sorry, but OP was one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

14. Likes JoeK liked this post
    DDtC is offline Go cheap you get cheap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by will3 View Post
    You do know that audiopipe owns there own factory and builds there own subwoofers in asia with there own QC
    Then they should all be fired

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Alpine CDA-117
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DC 5K(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • DD M4a and XS D3100 coming soon
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

Reinhardt is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Really??? Obviously being made in China is some info that Sundown does not want to share, promote or are proud of. When I asked them if it was true about being made in China on there Facebook page yesterday, I received no reply as a matter of fact they pulled my post and made it where I couldnt post again. Great company policy, censor the comments and reviews so it looks like you only get positive feed back.

17. Dislikes TheUnderFighter disliked this post
    JoeK is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Really??? Obviously being made in China is some info that Sundown does not want to share, promote or are proud of. When I asked them if it was true about being made in China on there Facebook page yesterday, I received no reply as a matter of fact they pulled my post and made it where I couldnt post again. Great company policy, censor the comments and reviews so it looks like you only get positive feed back.
    @sundownz ;

** NEW VEHICLE AND BUILD ** 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
    2x SPLAudio DAD BD 12s
    2x SK-1500.1s
    Box 5 cubes @ 29hz
    XS Power D3100 & D2400
    Tenney 270A
    4x PowerBass 3xl 6.5s
    Clarion CZ702

sundownz is offline Supporting Vendor sundownz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

sundownz is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

All of our products have the place of origin printed PLAINLY on the outside cartons. It's not hidden in any way, shape, or form where our products are made; nor should it be. When appropriate we assemble some lines of woofers at our facility as well.

Your post on our Facebook had no purpose other than to state "I won't buy your stuff because it's made in China" -- you've made up your mind and you made a STATEMENT and did not ask a question; therefore, there is no room for discussion as you are not open to any new thoughts on the topic. I will not have silly bickering on the wall ; which is all that would have resulted from your post with or without a reply from us -- I've seen the same exact type of post enough times and I won't have it on our wall; if you don't like the product or company then don't "like" the page. The same exact thing that is happening in this thread would have happened on our wall and it's just plain unnecessary to have that clutter.

I am likely wasting my breath -- but we have quadrupled our American work-force over the last two years and will be hiring more this year to keep up with demand. The simple fact is we work in the economy the way it is in REALITY so business decisions are made accordingly. I see no need nor do I have any obligation to explain my business model any further for the purpose of this thread. Fact is -- what we are doing works and we sell quality products; but you can't please everyone as this thread demonstrates.

I am friends with the guys over at IA and they are good guys and sell a quality product as well.

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio
    - Associate, Stereo Integrity

- I DO NOT USE PMs ON HERE -- Please e-mail me!
    - E-MAIL is sundownz@sundownaudio.com
    Simon Eichenberger is THE MAN.

20. Thanks Iosias, dragon.breath, JoeK, 05trailblazer thanked for this post
    Likes Iosias, 05trailblazer, macsdad liked this post
    SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)

my $ goes he is gonna buy a China amp but has to have a USA made sub.

i hate haters!

22. Thanks 05trailblazer thanked for this post
    Likes momofx, jockhater2, 05trailblazer liked this post
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast