Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Shiva-X2 12" Any have experience with it?

BigSix is offline Whippin the Bass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Shiva-X2 12" Any have experience with it?

DIYCable.com : Intro Home Exodus Anarchy

I have been looking for a sub with xbl topology, preferably new or used and this is pretty much the only one I have found new. Any one have any experience with this sub? should it perform like other xbl subs? looking for esssque here , thanks

Refs- Hrtbrk1,Kharps,BenzmanSl65amg,power-fanatic07,ryanm923,goindef154,subydude81
    cianzo,Sthib,FasFocus,Misfits
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    It's a fucking shame that you got caught up trying to steal from somebody, you lowlife piece of ****. I hope you fall, asshole first, onto a 14" combat knife that's attached to a 18v Dewalt drill...
    Quote Originally Posted by retrojordans View Post
    The MTs are just like the 05' XXX

Electrodynamic is offline Knows nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Shiva-X2 12" Any have experience with it?

Yes it will exhibit similar lower distortion over stroke capabilities as other XBL^2 subs.

Electrodynamic
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero."
    Owner Stereo Integrity
    Co-owner Obsidian Car Audio
    Associate Sundown Audio
    Simon Eichenberger is my hero
    Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I am looking really hard at the Anarchy's, and while I pretty much have nothing to say about the Shiva, I have problems with the company. I have yet to see a phone number, and I have sent 3 emails, beginning 3 weeks ago, with no response. I really want those drivers, but I'm very apprehensive because of the lack of CS. Just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
    Yes it will exhibit similar lower distortion over stroke capabilities as other XBL^2 subs.
    is your company ever going to make any more of your xbl^2 subs?

Refs- Hrtbrk1,Kharps,BenzmanSl65amg,power-fanatic07,ryanm923,goindef154,subydude81
    It's a fucking shame that you got caught up trying to steal from somebody, you lowlife piece of ****. I hope you fall, asshole first, onto a 14" combat knife that's attached to a 18v Dewalt drill...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    I am looking really hard at the Anarchy's, and while I pretty much have nothing to say about the Shiva, I have problems with the company. I have yet to see a phone number, and I have sent 3 emails, beginning 3 weeks ago, with no response. I really want those drivers, but I'm very apprehensive because of the lack of CS. Just a heads up.
    thanks, as I am almost ready to pull the trigger this is a little discouraging to hear...... but I cant seem to find any 12" used ones on the interwebz......

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

If you can manage to get in contact with them, I would have no hesitation with that driver. Beautiful numbers on that one. Their Anarchy mids are hands down the best I have ever listened to. Removed my sub for now and I'm using them without a highpass with effortless response down into the 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigSix View Post
    thanks, as I am almost ready to pull the trigger this is a little discouraging to hear...... but I cant seem to find any 12" used ones on the interwebz......
    Yeah same boat here man. I can't find them used anywhere. But they updated their site as of February, so hopefully all is cool. My only concern is if something happens in shipping or really if anything happens, how exactly do I contact them, ya know? But I REALLY want those drivers, and will probably just end up taking the risk.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    If you can manage to get in contact with them, I would have no hesitation with that driver. Beautiful numbers on that one. Their Anarchy mids are hands down the best I have ever listened to. Removed my sub for now and I'm using them without a highpass with effortless response down into the 30's.
    nice! I will try to get a hold of them this week

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah same boat here man. I can't find them used anywhere. But they updated their site as of February, so hopefully all is cool. My only concern is if something happens in shipping or really if anything happens, how exactly do I contact them, ya know? But I REALLY want those drivers, and will probably just end up taking the risk.
    yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Worst case scenario is I file a claim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

You're using the Anarchy's? That's awesome, I haven't been able to find anyone. Where do you have them installed, and what size enclosure? Could you please PM me?

Sorry to kinda thread jack OP.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

nice! I will try to get a hold of them this week
    If you do get in contact with them, could you please let me know how?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You're using the Anarchy's? That's awesome, I haven't been able to find anyone. Where do you have them installed, and what size enclosure? Could you please PM me?

Sorry to kinda thread jack OP.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

If you do get in contact with them, could you please let me know how?

will do sir

12. Thanks gckless thanked for this post
    Likes gckless liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

You're using the Anarchy's? That's awesome, I haven't been able to find anyone. Where do you have them installed, and what size enclosure?.
    Just have them free-air in the front doors of a Torrent! Fit perfectly without a single modification.

Guys I think he's had some personal stuff keeping him from working on the products and the site, looks like he setting up shop again. I would be as patient as you can and reap the benefits of XBL^2.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Electrodynamic is offline Knows nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

is your company ever going to make any more of your xbl^2 subs?
    Yes. The carrier mold for the BM mkIV just got finished. We will get the sample carrier and continue developing the woofer from there. We have five mkIV prototype motors being copper plated to ensure correct finish and measurements, etc.

Electrodynamic
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero."
    Owner Stereo Integrity
    Co-owner Obsidian Car Audio
    Associate Sundown Audio
    Simon Eichenberger is my hero
    Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

15. Likes gckless liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Just have them free-air in the front doors of a Torrent! Fit perfectly without a single modification.

Guys I think he's had some personal stuff keeping him from working on the products and the site, looks like he setting up shop again. I would be as patient as you can and reap the benefits of XBL^2.
    Totally free air, or doors sealed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Totally free air, or doors sealed?
    Doors are sealed/treated but that's still free-air to the driver.

18. Likes gckless liked this post
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast