Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Need all the help I can on new setup

Karas is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need all the help I can on new setup

First of all, I will be putting my system in a 2004 saturn ion so I do not have much space. But I am willing to take up every last inch of space in the trunk. I am thinking either a single 12", a single 15" or possibly 2 12's. I am looking for a quality sub, i'm not worried about vibrating my car to bits because that will come either way.. I want to smash lows, clean and hard! But I don't want to give up highs either I think you get what I am saying aha.

The subs I have checked out and considered: The orion hcca, DC level 5, and a sundown nightshade as dream woofers. But I would like to stay under paying 1,000$ if possible so I think I am going to give up on those expensive subs

The subs I realistically considered: Sundown sa 12 or 15, SSA Icon & xcon & an incriminator audio flatlyre 12 or 15. I also browsed through the forums and heard of American bass, & daytons but i'll hear what you guys have to say.

So there you have it, I want a system and i have a budget of 1,000$ but I would REALLY like to stay well under if possible. I need an amp, box, sub, head unit, and any possible things to help my car keep up with the power.

TreyE is offline Lets Get Weird

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Need all the help I can on new setup

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    i can do the whole system including the sub and box for 1000 plus paypal fees
    a cdt com 626 component ,speaker set frt and back $220
    a american bass ph 5100 5 channel amp $340
    mt dd 1508 sub in a 4th order box $250
    audio tecknix 4 gauge amp kit $40
    2 extra rca 16 ft $25
    ____

$ 675
    leaves 325 for the deck which i may be able to do at that price as well plus paypal fees too
    Contact mylows10

Too many things you need that you think you dont. Could change to only needing one set of comps up front and coax in back, might be able to drop down price of speakers and get more substage etc etc he will be able to help most likely.

Don't listen to me.

Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only problem TreyE, is when I read that quote from mylows10 I really don't even know what I am looking at.. D: I admit I am pretty uneducated but I guess i will learn soon enough. I've heard of and seen multiple times that sub and amp browsing through the internet but everything else is foreign to me.

EDIT: Just heard about Tantric audio sub's, they sound like the way to go. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Karas; 02-07-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bump! Have not gotten any insight in the past few days. Need opinions, i'm willing to go for any brand and I am very flexible with anything else i may need.

SAbass15 is offline Livin' Loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sundown audio like you mentioned would slam lows hard, skar audio as well. The sa's by sundown can deliver so much more power than what they are rated at. The brands you mentioned are great to look into

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SAbass15 View Post
    Sundown audio like you mentioned would slam lows hard, skar audio as well. The sa's by sundown can deliver so much more power than what they are rated at. The brands you mentioned are great to look into
    Yes! I heard SA's are REALLY underrated and can take a huge beating even overpowering them quite a bit. Right now I am set on that route and I am either getting a single sa 12" or 2 12"s i just need to know what amp to look for and should I go with a 32hz box?

SAbass15 is offline Livin' Loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karas View Post
    Yes! I heard SA's are REALLY underrated and can take a huge beating even overpowering them quite a bit. Right now I am set on that route and I am either getting a single sa 12" or 2 12"s i just need to know what amp to look for and should I go with a 32hz box?
    2 sa 12s would be ******. And yeah throw those suckers in a box @32hz. Or you could always go with a single sa 12 and get a huge box for it and still be happy

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How would 1 sa 12" compare to a AB xfl 12? In same box. Either way, thank you for giving your insight on this!

GVP
    GVP is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karas View Post
    How would 1 sa 12" compare to a AB xfl 12? In same box. Either way, thank you for giving your insight on this!
    Ab should take more power

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GVP View Post
    Ab should take more power
    But will the xfl smash lower? and will it sound as good?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am currently running a pair of xfl 12's @ 32hz and it slams. But have not really had too many sundowns that I can evenly compare it to. I am currently running 1500rms/sub to them and they love it. IMO they are seriously underrated. Just hit 142.1 in the shop with the new box, and am running in the dbdrags still trying to get more out of them. Looking into a new class now that I cannot compete where i was.

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

the xfl subs will take alot more power than the sa subs ,both are nice subs and should sound about the same ,difference is the sa subs cost more take less power ,both i believe are china built subs too.i can make you a deal on everything you need and will need for your system ,but i need some info from you first .wants from new system ? loud bass ,sound quality or both ? what kind of music do you listen to ? what car /truck ? are you wanting to add an extra battery and or a bigger altenator ?

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    the xfl subs will take alot more power than the sa subs ,both are nice subs and should sound about the same ,difference is the sa subs cost more take less power ,both i believe are china built subs too.i can make you a deal on everything you need and will need for your system ,but i need some info from you first .wants from new system ? loud bass ,sound quality or both ? what kind of music do you listen to ? what car /truck ? are you wanting to add an extra battery and or a bigger altenator ?
    Rockin, what amp are you using to power them? & mylows, I am definitely looking for sound quality>loud bass. I will probably put them through all sorts of music so I need the ranges of lows-mids-highs to all be nice. I mainly love my melodic dubstep so I guess I can say I care more about smashing lows loud and clean but I still could not be happy with non existant highs ya know. I will put the system through a beating, for quite awhile some sessions. I am willing to try new door speakers/tweeters but stock is alright really loud so I will try that first.

It'll go into a 2004 saturn ion, full access to take up every last inch of the trunk. I'll measure if needed and if you think i'll need to add a battery or alternator i will. But sense I have a lot to say I WILL need a custom box from anyone you guys recommend. And i'm starting from scratch I have absolutely no old anything to use for this set up so all help is appreciated mylows!

Karas is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bump! I am assuming most people disregard any threads started by new users.. but I am going to keep trying! lol. I really just want an answer on what will work best for what I am asking for, I am very flexible like I said to chance anything.. I need to mainly now know the best amp to get to stay within budget.. the subs are all on par with each other it seems like.

urmomsmin3 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

get 3 sa-8s lol jk id really talk to mylows10 good guy to deal with very helpfull

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast