Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Air Displacement Problem

Heresy is offline Going Against the Grain

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Air Displacement Problem

I built a sealed sub box to hold two 12' subs, the only problems is that I forgot how to devide by two when I put in the center piece. Anyway, the two different chambers are off by 354in². Considering that the chambers were originally intended to be 1.75 ft³ each, is this difference really going to matter or I am stuck having to put additional material in the larger chamber to displace air? I am not an audiophile but I don't want it sounding like crap either. Thanks.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum -- Vegetius

"I told her about my conversation three years ago with the political leader of Islamic Jihad in Gaza. "What's the difference between suicide, which the Koran condemns, and martyrdom?" I asked. "Suicide," he replied, "is done out of despair. But remember: most of our martyrs today were very successful in their earthly lives." In short, there was a future to live for--and they detonated it anyway."

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's almost a quarter of a cubic foot. It might make a difference. Try hooking up the subs one at a time and see if you can hear a difference.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Heresy is offline Going Against the Grain

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can I offset the air volume by adding spray insulation, the kind that is usually used to seal around pipes and windows? I don't want to make the box heavier than it has to be. Any suggestions anout other material that are light and could be used effectively? Thanks.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum -- Vegetius

"I told her about my conversation three years ago with the political leader of Islamic Jihad in Gaza. "What's the difference between suicide, which the Koran condemns, and martyrdom?" I asked. "Suicide," he replied, "is done out of despair. But remember: most of our martyrs today were very successful in their earthly lives." In short, there was a future to live for--and they detonated it anyway."

josh is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    use two by fours!and figure how much you are off(which you already have done),and keep adding or subtracting the two by fours.

Closed Thread