Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: SQ/SQL recommendations on 1500-2000 watts tops

rtillaree is offline F***, Strong

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 SQ/SQL recommendations on 1500-2000 watts tops

Doing a project on my Nissan Versa, going more SQ than anything. I have been out of the game for a good 5 years now. What models should I be looking at for loud SQ/SQL subs? As stated, probably going to run 1500w, no more than 2000w. I'm thinking one 12" or two 10"s is really all I'll be able to squeeze in there when considering box size and all.
    Last edited by rtillaree; 02-03-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: edited title for clarity

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:
    flakko, krouchchocolate, djdilliodon, Mountaineer Man, delvryboy, j3bus2k3, THXdts, htownplaya456, rawdogj, xplorerdonon22s, danteBirosel, bgdre12, GateWay, ultimate157, Drich79, IonSQL, kasimo420 (x2)

Sold To:
    Wkbdkid, the_franchise, euro2ned, bryce-man, mike dressure, dbman150, jailhouseracer8, DaBeholder, gammey4, soundblast1, shiipseki, mr Tibbs, the727kid, woc47, bchandler, branden, amedeuce, MustangGT25YRS, fordtough1, 04oilburner, Hellbound Train, Dimon74

Traded With:
    irnotfob, wizkid, alxmlr789, Flipx99, Twistid

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)

Re: SQ/SQL recommendations on 1500-2500 watts.

mmats or zed amps mmats subs

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

dbjunior is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi power sql ssa xcon or fully loaded fi q

bought from MBROOKY, johnny law.Lulz, subzero, tc3k101
    sold to mytrunkslamz , vitveet, cd6551, martiandancer31 (x2), pro-rabbit, whytellyou
    Trade with cf2004

4. Thanks denim thanked for this post
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Don't forget Dayton subs. Handle a bit lower, but good subs.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Id suggest a pair of Dayton HO or IDMAX at that power. Hell, a pair of IDMAX 10s would get PLENTY loud on about 500W each, but give them 1K each in a ported enclosure and you pretty much have the textbook definition of SQL.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    mmats or zed amps mmats subs
    Juggs still the way to go? I ran 2 15"s in my van for awhile, they were the titz.

Quote Originally Posted by dbjunior View Post
    Hi power sql ssa xcon or fully loaded fi q
    holy *** that is a beautiful driver...wow. Definitely looking into that. I was already checking out the Evil as per a few threads I found searching. I had 4x BTL 15" back when they were becoming all the rage in the early stages. They were loud as hell and held up well, I know Fi is a solid brand, no experience with the Q however - will check into them.

What's become of the RE MX and XXX drivers?

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:
    flakko, krouchchocolate, djdilliodon, Mountaineer Man, delvryboy, j3bus2k3, THXdts, htownplaya456, rawdogj, xplorerdonon22s, danteBirosel, bgdre12, GateWay, ultimate157, Drich79, IonSQL, kasimo420 (x2)

Sold To:
    Wkbdkid, the_franchise, euro2ned, bryce-man, mike dressure, dbman150, jailhouseracer8, DaBeholder, gammey4, soundblast1, shiipseki, mr Tibbs, the727kid, woc47, bchandler, branden, amedeuce, MustangGT25YRS, fordtough1, 04oilburner, Hellbound Train, Dimon74

Traded With:

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtillaree View Post
    Juggs still the way to go? I ran 2 15"s in my van for awhile, they were the titz.

holy *** that is a beautiful driver...wow. Definitely looking into that. I was already checking out the Evil as per a few threads I found searching. I had 4x BTL 15" back when they were becoming all the rage in the early stages. They were loud as hell and held up well, I know Fi is a solid brand, no experience with the Q however - will check into them.

What's become of the RE MX and XXX drivers?
    Your mor looking for SQL since SQ wouldnt need anymore then 1000 at most... I honestly wasnt terribly impressed with the Xcon and was happier with the Q if you go that route... The newer RE stuff isnt worth the price but the new XXX's arent bad if you can get them cheaper

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Don't forget Dayton subs. Handle a bit lower, but good subs.
    I have never heard of of the Dayton stuff in a car audio application. I helped a buddy built a few lines and subs for his home theater with Dayton's and they were great. I'd love to hear these in person someday.

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Id suggest a pair of Dayton HO or IDMAX at that power. Hell, a pair of IDMAX 10s would get PLENTY loud on about 500W each, but give them 1K each in a ported enclosure and you pretty much have the textbook definition of SQL.
    I wish I could find someone close with a good Dayton setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Your mor looking for SQL since SQ wouldnt need anymore then 1000 at most... I honestly wasnt terribly impressed with the Xcon and was happier with the Q if you go that route... The newer RE stuff isnt worth the price but the new XXX's arent bad if you can get them cheaper
    Yea, I'd say I'm about 65/35 on SQL/SQ. It's hard to completely let my SPL days go

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Re: SQ/SQL recommendations on 1500-2000 watts tops

Do you already have the amp? If not, I have an SQ oriented A/B that will do 1,450w bridged fer ya

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Boston acoustics spg 555 put 2 of them on 2k in a 2 cube box with 2 passive radiators and wow. Spl and sound amazing

12. Likes av83 liked this post
    QueSound15 is offline I know a thing or two....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i like the sound of my 2010 re xxx 12 a lot. Great SQL driver. Also, alpine type x sounds pretty good too. and the ones listed already will definitely fit the bill, Dayton...SSA...Boston...Image Dynamics....all great SQ/SQL drivers!

also the jl w6, amazing SQ but price is the issue

Vehicle....2004 Dodge neon sxt 4-door
    H/U......Kenwood x595
    Speaker amp....Old School Soundstream p205
    Front Stage.....AQ 6.5" components
    Rear Fill.....Vibe slick 3-way 6x9" coaxils
    Subwoofer Amp......Hifonics zrx.2000.1D
    Subwoofer....2 12" Soundqubed/Audioque SDC2.5's
    Box.....custom 4.2 cubes tuned at ~36 Hertz
    Kinetic HC2400 in trunk, interstate under hood, Big 3 in Cadence 0, Auditechnix 0 power
    Stock 85amp alt

14. Thanks denim thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

negative on the amp. Just gauging ideas right now. A/B = American Bass? which model is it?

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

negative on the amp. Just gauging ideas right now. A/B = American Bass? which model is it?
    As in Class A/B. Versus Class D. Honestly, I've yet to see where Class A/B can trump a properly-made Class D of similar specs, so take it with a grain of salt.

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    As in Class A/B. Versus Class D. Honestly, I've yet to see where Class A/B can trump a properly-made Class D of similar specs, so take it with a grain of salt.
    WOW , I was like, "A/B? the eff, oh maybe American Bass, been reading a lot of stuff on them lately while searching" lol.

The last A/B I had was a Hifonics something or nothing that I used to run a SoundSplinter 12" in my work truck. It was iight.

Yea, I think I'll end up with a nice, clean D class. Whatever I end up doing, I want to make sure it's efficient, it's in a Versa and all. Outside of a big 3, new Deka battery under the hood and a battery in the hatch, I don't really want to overhaul anything else with the electrical.

Main reason I am going in hat 1500-2k max range. I figure, I should be able to find something very nice in that 750-1200 range for sure, especially with the proper enclosure and tuning.

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

WOW , I was like, "A/B? the eff, oh maybe American Bass, been reading a lot of stuff on them lately while searching" lol.

The last A/B I had was a Hifonics something or nothing that I used to run a SoundSplinter 12" in my work truck. It was iight.

Yea, I think I'll end up with a nice, clean D class. Whatever I end up doing, I want to make sure it's efficient, it's in a Versa and all. Outside of a big 3, new Deka battery under the hood and a battery in the hatch, I don't really want to overhaul anything else with the electrical.

Main reason I am going in hat 1500-2k max range. I figure, I should be able to find something very nice in that 750-1200 range for sure, especially with the proper enclosure and tuning.
    IA Flatlyne, then? Good enough for @ge_off_me ; to use in competition and runs off 750RMS. I might be tempted to play around with the 18" version of it on a Tahoe build in a couple years. Either that or 4 Dayton HO 8"s on about 300RMS each

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast