View Poll Results: Which 10" sub should I get?

Voters
19. This poll is closed
  • RE Audio SE X 10" D2

2 10.53%
  • PSI Platform 1 Custom 10" D2

2 10.53%
  • Incriminator Lethal Injection 10" D2

4 21.05%
  • Other sub (please post your choice)

11 57.89%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: 10" sub Poll

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Re: 10" sub Poll

Quote Originally Posted by garretttt4 View Post
    Dude, I love ur Sig. Hahaha

REFS alot

sjuddslvrss is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And also doesn't running at 4 ohm over 2 or 1 give you better SQ and damping, not to mention a cooler more efficient amp and less draw on the charging system? Why is that amp crap at 4 ohm but not crap at 2 or 1? That doesn't make sense.

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sjuddslvrss View Post
    And also doesn't running at 4 ohm over 2 or 1 give you better SQ and damping, not to mention a cooler more efficient amp and less draw on the charging system? Why is that amp crap at 4 ohm but not crap at 2 or 1? That doesn't make sense.
    its crap period lol

MB Quart DSC 1000 1 1000W RMS Monoblock Class D MOSFET Subwoofer Power Amplifier 011120381252 | eBay

best amp on a budget. hook it up to the ssd sealed with high qts at 1 ohm and you will be golden. and will sound amazing

my first choice on your list is the lethal injection but the ssd would be a much better option because you can get it built directly for sealed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The lowest I will run is 2 ohm unless you can convince me that that amp will run ice cold at 1 ohm.

nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The lowest I will run is 2 ohm unless you can convince me that that amp will run ice cold at 1 ohm.
    dude no amp is going to run ice cold..at any ohm load,heat is apart of how they work,if you want an amp to run ice cold then never turn it on

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

What's your budget and power? I'm gonna have a pair of 10" DC Level 3 D4's for sale soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

SMS
    SMS is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

what are your worries of a 1ohm load?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SMS View Post
    what are your worries of a 1ohm load?
    Heat, efficiency, sound quality, woofer control/damping, my stock charging system..am I missing anything?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    What's your budget and power? I'm gonna have a pair of 10" DC Level 3 D4's for sale soon.
    I only have room for 1 10". Budget for amp is $200 but I'd like to be around $130 which is what I can get a apsm-1500 for. Budget for sub is $300 but I'd like to be around $270. So 400-500 range for both. I'd like to run somewhere between 600-900 rms, but I'm open to anything that will work with a stock charging system with a big 3 upgrade on a 2000 pontiac formula.

SMS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Heat, efficiency, sound quality, woofer control/damping, my stock charging system..am I missing anything?
    experience with car audio

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

experience with car audio
    I'm obviously new to this. But instead of being a **** you could help me. Thanks.

SMS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

ya im sorry, with 600-900w at 1ohm your stock electrical would be fine. the SQ of a sub would also be good. i really dont think you have much to worry about. just thought you were being sarcastic with the ....am i missing anything?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya im sorry, with 600-900w at 1ohm your stock electrical would be fine. the SQ of a sub would also be good. i really dont think you have much to worry about. just thought you were being sarcastic with the ....am i missing anything?
    I really thought I might be missing something. I have no idea what I'm doing with this. I'm just learning as much as I can. How far could I go with the stock electrical? I'm trying not to put SPL before sound quality but I want my friends to be impressed that "d@mn, that's only 1 10?" comes out of there mouth at least twice.

nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I really thought I might be missing something. I have no idea what I'm doing with this. I'm just learning as much as I can. How far could I go with the stock electrical? I'm trying not to put SPL before sound quality but I want my friends to be impressed that "d@mn, that's only 1 10?" comes out of there mouth at least twice.
    i wouldnt go much over 1k with your stock electrical,but SMS is right,that 6-900 watts you will get at 1 ohm will be fine and the SQ wont suffer much at all,but remember you need to get a sub that "matches" the output of the amp you are using,as in power handling.for example....if you take a 400 watt sub and give it 900 watts from an amp it will sound like a$$ and you will blow the sub,you need to match the amp and sub,and after that you need to set the gains with a DMM

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All the subs in my poll run between 600-800 rms. The apsm-1500 puts out 600 @ 4 ohm and the apsm-2000 puts out 900 @ 4 ohm. I think I've got the power matching thing down but I don't know much about resistance and how it effects sound quality. I'm trying to learn the more complicated aspects of car audio, like what xmax ratings of subs mean. I mean I know they have something to do with excursion but for instance the PSI Platform 1 says it has an xmax of 52mm. That seems much higher than any of the other subs I've been looking at. Why is that?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast