So environment aside, what are the traits of a box that make it sound how it does?
I know sealed is punchier and ported it looser, but other than that I dont know anything.
1) What does increasing/decreasing volume do to the sound of a sealed box?
2) What does increasing/decreasing volume do to the sound of a ported box?
3) What does increasing/decreasing port area do to the sound of a ported box?
4) Does depth vs height vs width change the sound at all? Or is it just to fit it in a certain space?
5) Do aero ported boxes sound different than slot/vent ported boxes?
6) With multiple subs, why would someone choose to share the volume or make separate chambers?
7) How does the placement of the sub on different planes (top, side, etc.) affect the sound?
8) Does tuning a ported box for lower Hz make it "kick" harder and higher Hz make it "rumble" more?
9) What's a 4th order box?
I'm thinking about designing and building my own box. Right now mine is built to Alpine's specs for my sub. But I want to see if I can get it to punch/kick more, rather than be sloppy and spl-like.
Thanks for any information!