Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: man o man.. I'm confused.

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Re: man o man.. I'm confused.

Those prices lol @Vertex Audio ; check them out you'd prolly really like the lethal injections and maybe even a 20.1 ... Fucckk new Memphis ....

Beerdrnkr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't think you'll need an extra battery. Try it without it first and see how it's holding up. If you're having bad voltage drops then you can add one. It's not hard to add one later.

References: galacticmonkey, 2lo2flo, mwe-maxxowner, xxxbasshead, cynicz, CHEMMINS, phantom240, blazron22, Imtjnotu, Blove1991, jeeper07, biker911, juniorab, spl_robb, monarae21, vitveet (x3), RidnClean, jdubbau, Nevada, SubNit, tEh koRnDog, infamous_e46, stuckinok, FASTIMES, RAM_Designs, btdickey99, Slammed, SPY, orangelss, dalucifer (x 3), dtbrown, khanhfat, iamamp3pimp, slam, 350zspl, latinplaya22, silvercookie, us3, bikinpunk, kpozr2, Biowaste, Zeuslicious (x 5+), and many many more....

djmixx79 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrnkr View Post
    I don't think you'll need an extra battery. Try it without it first and see how it's holding up. If you're having bad voltage drops then you can add one. It's not hard to add one later.
    ok.. stupid question here.. and thank you by the way.. I am seriously thinking about choosing from your list.. voltage drop? is this like.. headlights dimming?

ewadz3006 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I've got a tad under 2000$ in mine. I bought it all new except for my subs. Also im only running @2 ohms. Everyone that gets in it cant believe its 2- 12's.

I feel sorry for those who do not drink, when they wake up on the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day.-Frank Sinatra

2004 mercury mountaineer
    Hu Kenwood excelon x996
    Fronts Incriminator audio comps
    Front amp Aq 120.4
    sub amp Aq2200d
    subs 2 sundown sa 12's @ 32hz
    wiring knu 1/0 ofc

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ewadz3006 View Post
    I've got a tad under 2000$ in mine. I bought it all new except for my subs. Also im only running @2 ohms. Everyone that gets in it cant believe its 2- 12's.
    I don't know the difference in these ohms I hear ranging from 1-2 or whatever.. no clue.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrnkr View Post
    Well - from your list.. if YOU were to create a system that will give you major clarity at high vibrating volumes.. you know.. volumes that will shake the car next to me with my windows up.. like the guy was saying on page one.. he rolled down the road and made car alarms go off.. thats the power i'm looking for...yet, I want to the mids, highs, and bass to be on the same level.. not having the bass drown out the vocals.. so.. what would you chose from your list.. and if that's not powerful enough - what would you upgrade to?

ewadz3006 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

S
    Quote Originally Posted by djmixx79 View Post
    I don't know the difference in these ohms I hear ranging from 1-2 or whatever.. no clue.
    What that means is im only putting abot 1000-1100 watts to the subs. The amp is rated at 2200 watts at one ohm. So at 2 ohms it only puts out 1000-1100.
    I should have said im only running 1000-1100 to them

I feel sorry for those who do not drink, when they wake up on the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day.-Frank Sinatra

2004 mercury mountaineer
    Hu Kenwood excelon x996
    Fronts Incriminator audio comps
    Front amp Aq 120.4
    sub amp Aq2200d
    subs 2 sundown sa 12's @ 32hz
    wiring knu 1/0 ofc

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ewadz3006 View Post
    S

What that means is im only putting abot 1100-1200 watts to the subs. The amp is rated at 2200 watts at one ohm. So at 2 ohms it only puts out 11-1200.
    I should have said im only running 11-1200 to them.
    gotcha, thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I researched "the big 3" ... that's pretty involved it seems.. would it be easier to just get a extra battery in the back? Should I be worried about my alternator with this type of setup that beerdrnkr mentioned on the first page?

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I don't know how big your alt is but I used to run around 1000 rms on stock alt, 4 gauge wire and no batt. I had little voltage drops but nothing too major and this was in an older Honda Odyssey. Sometimes the Big 3 and 0 gauge and all that isn't necessary.

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Ok I can help you out here. The m class amp are decent amps. But it sounds like your being charged full retail as most shops do the rest is mediocre at best. I have used the amps before back in the day. But like stated there is better for the money and maybe less to. I can give you prices for everything you want but I need your wants and needs what type of music do you listen to and some measurements to build a box My rep here speaks for its self ask anyone everything I sell is new warranty and shipping included in all my prices

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

double 07 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)

You are just a state away from me....I can save you some coin and build you a sweet enclosure for whatever subs you decide to go with....

13. Likes brooklynjoy2008 liked this post
    Tenacious is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I researched "the big 3" ... that's pretty involved it seems.. would it be easier to just get a extra battery in the back? Should I be worried about my alternator with this type of setup that beerdrnkr mentioned on the first page?
    You'll want to do the big 3. Stock wires don't allow your alternator to reach its full output. It's actually not hard to do either.

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Did they give you a full run down on how they would be doing the install? I think that price is a bit high, but it does depend on how the install is done to some extent.

Everyone here will jump on the "that cost to much" band wagon because of online prices and the diy market. If you're a dyi kind of person then of course much better can be had out there for your budget. However, if you are more of a pay to have it done kind of person then finding a shop that does amazing work will cost s bit, but will be worth it for their quality of work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the big 3 is super easy and imo, a must have. 30-45 minute job if you can locate the ground wires (google it for your car).. seriously worth the time and the cost is very low considering the benefit it has. plus you should be able to do it at home if you have a few simple tools (order wire online, 0awg ofc is best).... as far as that shop goes, they are screwing you bad on those prices. dont be afraid to buy used or online in general.. couple awesome dealers on this site that can hook you up and will not lead you in the wrong direction. GL.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast