Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: Getting as sa-8 as loud a possible

NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Re: Getting as sa-8 as loud a possible

Quote Originally Posted by itsblown View Post
    the apsm 1500 will do around 1200 clean power with the proper electrical, if you have stock electrical it wont, and are we talking sa8-v.2 or the original sa-8
    Idk ive seen test and @TaylorFade ; did test think it was like 1200 but said it was dirty clipped to shlt

Beatin' is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

you need a 6th order.

urmomsmin3 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    you need a 6th order.
    hah lol i might do 2-3 but wanna see how loud i can get this little guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

didnt read all this but Ive got 4 sa-8 v1's on a saz3500.1, gain @ 60%, HU clips at 34 out of 35, i cant turn it up past 26 on basically any song before i hear mechanical noise, and this is in my single cab truck with a center console box so they are RIGHT there by me. they cant handle 1 k daily. my electrical is stout so im sure im getting the full 3500 out of the amp, but 4 8s cant handle everything this amp has to offer, sadly.. not that im not impressed with them. they play SOOO low.. its ridiculous that its only an 8" sub but they do play low and loud for an 8 for sure..

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Ok, first... You have a Kicker 1k and you're thinking about sellin it to get an AP? Or, even worse, an AP knockoff? Because its advertised at a higher wattage? Get your head out of your ass.

SA8's are not magical. They will not take 1k "without breaking a sweat." Last I checked, it's still a 2" coil.

Why do you keep saying "140 no prob?" 140 on music is no small feat with a single 8 on music. Can it be done? Probably. Is it "no prob" and like, a sustained, wangin out 140? No. If you have a crazy efficient SPL vehicle like a CRX, a 150 burp is relatively easy if you know WTF you're doing.

137-138 is much, much more likely on music in most vehicles. I've had (4) in a 4th order on 3k that would do 147@35hz for about 30sec and that was beating the ever loving crap out of them. And *I* can do 150 on a burp with a single. But it isn't easy.

.5cf @ ~ 35hz is your best bet for getting it loud on music. If you want pure numbers, you'll have to test what box/port your car likes, but like I said, unless you have a very specific type of vehicle, I don't see many getting 150 from a single 8. As a matter of fact, I've only seen a handful of people ever do it.

But good luck with it. 8's are a blast. Just don't expect miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

6. Thanks brandon_s0854 thanked for this post
    brandon_s0854 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've been wanting to try a similar project. I would do a 6th order. Probably your best bet to do 140 on music without frying the coil. Something like .75cf on both sides rear tuned to 35, front to 50. Wouldn't do much above 60hz, but should wang from 25-55hz on 600W. That's just my suggestion. Like I said, been wanting to try something similar with a mean 10" driver.

blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Ok, first... You have a Kicker 1k and you're thinking about sellin it to get an AP? Or, even worse, an AP knockoff? Because its advertised at a higher wattage? Get your head out of your ass.

SA8's are not magical. They will not take 1k "without breaking a sweat." Last I checked, it's still a 2" coil.

Why do you keep saying "140 no prob?" 140 on music is no small feat with a single 8 on music. Can it be done? Probably. Is it "no prob" and like, a sustained, wangin out 140? No. If you have a crazy efficient SPL vehicle like a CRX, a 150 burp is relatively easy if you know WTF you're doing.

137-138 is much, much more likely on music in most vehicles. I've had (4) in a 4th order on 3k that would do 147@35hz for about 30sec and that was beating the ever loving crap out of them. And *I* can do 150 on a burp with a single. But it isn't easy.

.5cf @ ~ 35hz is your best bet for getting it loud on music. If you want pure numbers, you'll have to test what box/port your car likes, but like I said, unless you have a very specific type of vehicle, I don't see many getting 150 from a single 8. As a matter of fact, I've only seen a handful of people ever do it.

But good luck with it. 8's are a blast. Just don't expect miracles.
    This dude ^ very true. Single 8 won't blow you out the water. I had my sa-8 in a .6 cu ported box and it was ok . Some tones were hit some not. I finally got off my *** and bought mylow's 4th order box. I'll be hooking that up next weekend to a kicker 1500.1 and see what happens! Also I'm driving a hatchback with dynomatt in the back. Should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i noe its not an eazy feat guys but i keep saying 140 on music no prob because ive seen 1 do a 142 on music on 3k watts not burping did it blow maby lol that idk no if it blows it blows i just wanna shut all of the people around my neighbor hood up they use kicker and one uses dd but tey all have 12s oe 15s and yeah this 8 hits lows like a mofo its in a 1 cube box right now tuned to 35 and its breaking in on a zx300.1 reason i dont want to use a kicker amp is because i personally dont like them i may just buy a sundown amp and 2 or 3 more after i see if i can get wat i want out of it but for 1 single 8 it rattles the **** outta the inside of my truck i have a suv so i can build pressure up in there

Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by urmomsmin3 View Post
    i noe its not an eazy feat guys but i keep saying 140 on music no prob because ive seen 1 do a 142 on music on 3k watts not burping did it blow maby lol that idk no if it blows it blows i just wanna shut all of the people around my neighbor hood up they use kicker and one uses dd but tey all have 12s oe 15s and yeah this 8 hits lows like a mofo its in a 1 cube box right now tuned to 35 and its breaking in on a zx300.1 reason i dont want to use a kicker amp is because i personally dont like them i may just buy a sundown amp and 2 or 3 more after i see if i can get wat i want out of it but for 1 single 8 it rattles the **** outta the inside of my truck i have a suv so i can build pressure up in there
    if it blows than that is not a 140 on music.

Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)