Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Reload Thread: Hdc3 12 dust cap size

  1. #16
    mlstrass's Avatar
    mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: Hdc3 12 dust cap size

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy13091 View Post
    I know if it sounds good in my box I'm keeping it Minotaur be here Thursday then ill know... I'm just saying I can't believe u can just cover that much cone and it don't matter at all.. On a stock woofer

    ---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

    And I don't want to switch my box cause I haven't even used it yet and it's bad *** and what I want
    is the box designed for an HDC? Hope you have better luck with Zed then I did. Got a Lev last year and it blew after 2 days...

    Why would a "stock" sub make a diff vs a rebuilt one?







  2. #17
    Timmy13091's Avatar
    Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: Hdc3 12 dust cap size

    Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    is the box designed for an HDC? Hope you have better luck with Zed then I did. Got a Lev last year and it blew after 2 days...

    Why would a "stock" sub make a diff vs a rebuilt one?
    Cause could have diff cone etc.. Idk haha ur ight I guess .. And I will no the specs for are in my sig Made for Sa blew before box got here ill figure it out when zed arrives I just didn't think u could cover more cone unless the cone was made for that size dust cap




  3. #18
    mlstrass's Avatar
    mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: Hdc3 12 dust cap size

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy13091 View Post
    Cause could have diff cone etc.. Idk haha ur ight I guess .. And I will no the specs for are in my sig Made for Sa blew before box got here ill figure it out when zed arrives I just didn't think u could cover more cone unless the cone was made for that size dust cap
    HDC box and SA box if built properly are two diff enclosures. You will not get the most out of the HDC in that box, but it will work...




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the medium of life
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Hdc3 12 dust cap size

    Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    is the box designed for an HDC? Hope you have better luck with Zed then I did. Got a Lev last year and it blew after 2 days...

    Why would a "stock" sub make a diff vs a rebuilt one?
    Yea I blew my zed amp right after my Sinfoni took a ****, and I got done giving ***-to-mouth to Sofia Vergara.




    ...*******




  5. #20
    mlstrass's Avatar
    mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: Hdc3 12 dust cap size

    Quote Originally Posted by marleyskater420 View Post
    Yea I blew my zed amp right after my Sinfoni took a ****, and I got done giving ***-to-mouth to Sofia Vergara.




    ...*******
    cool story douchesicle....




  6. #21
    T.I.K.'s Avatar
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live



    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Hdc3 12 dust cap size

    I'll give you a hint, the dust cap can't be any bigger than 12"



    Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

  7. #22
    SPLaudio's Avatar
    SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    upstate ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)

    Re: Hdc3 12 dust cap size

    few important things to look at when changing the dust cap.
    dose the angle of the cone mate up with the angle of the cone?
    the dust cap has to be sealed to the cone or air will leak and you will loose thermal powerhandling...




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the medium of life
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Hdc3 12 dust cap size

    Quote Originally Posted by SPLaudio View Post
    few important things to look at when changing the dust cap.
    dose the angle of the cone mate up with the angle of the cone?
    the dust cap has to be sealed to the cone or air will leak and you will loose thermal powerhandling...
    I really want ice cream now after reading "cone" so many times.




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. need diamond audio 12 d6 dust cap and ?
    By bumblebeerx8 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 11:27 PM
  2. What size daily box for HDC3 12"s?
    By bonesninja in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 06:20 PM
  3. looking for 12" paper cones and dust caps
    By woofercooker in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum