I recently finished my system in my 2005 Honda CRV with the installation of a JBL MS-8 processor and I have decided that I need to upgrade the subs (two JL 12W6) since I want to build a subwoofer box that won't take up quite as much room in the rear.

I saw these two subs

Dayton Audio UM12-22 12" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer Dayton Audio UM12-22 12" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohm Per Co 295-512

Dayton Audio UM10-22 10" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer Dayton Audio UM10-22 10" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohm Per Coi 295-510

My plan is to only use 1/2 the rear cargo area of my CRV for the box so given the specs on those subs which would be best to use? The box itself can be as high as the rear seat is, as deep as from the rear seat to the rear door and half as wide as the rear cargo area is which should make for a good sized box.

I'm thinking either one 12" two 12" one 10" or two 10"

They will be powered with a JL 500/1 amp.

The box will need to be built to where it has a place for an extra battery along with places to mount the two JL 300/4 amps, JL 500/1 amp and JBL MS-8 processor. If I have the subs firing out the top I am thinking of mounting the amps to the side of the box facing the unused space in the cargo area.

I should have enough from my tax returns to buy a high output alternator and one or two of those subs.

The 12's are 600 watts and the 10's are 500 watts both with the 2 ohm voice coils in series. If I can use two subs if the coils are wired for 4 ohms and both subs are in parallel with each other does that mean I can then use a JL 1000/1 amp?

I also need ideas on how to hide the wiring.

I can take measurements of the space I have for the box tomorrow.

One 12" has this box requirement: Sealed 3.0 cubic ft. (net internal), f3 of 34 Hz with a 0.707 Qtc alignment

One 10" has this box requirement: Sealed 0.63 cubic ft. (net internal), f3 of 45 Hz with a 0.707 Qtc alignment

Looks like the 10" might be easier to work with.