Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Reload Thread: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

  1. #1
    AudioNoobie's Avatar
    AudioNoobie is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    I am looking for great sound and deep bass. I have a $1500 budget. I went to a car audio store today and they tried selling me a setup for $1318 including installation, wires and everything else.

    These are the main components:

    1x Pioneer AVH-X2500BT
    1x Kicker 15" CVX 1000w sub in their custom enclosure
    1x Kicker DX 10001 1000w amp

    I have a 2005 Ford Lincoln Ls with factory everything. What would you guys suggest?







  2. #2
    itsblown's Avatar
    itsblown is offline why is there smoke?



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    You can get much better equipment for the money if you can do the install yourself which in your car should be fairly simple




  3. #3
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,097
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    what are you trying to get from your new system ? do you want just loud bass or a well all around system with bass, mids and highs ?




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  4. #4
    garretttt4's Avatar
    garretttt4 is offline big pimpin



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Watertown sd
    Posts
    2,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    Quote Originally Posted by AudioNoobie View Post
    I am looking for great sound and deep bass. I have a $1500 budget. I went to a car audio store today and they tried selling me a setup for $1318 including installation, wires and everything else.

    These are the main components:

    1x Pioneer AVH-X2500BT
    1x Kicker 15" CVX 1000w sub in their custom enclosure
    1x Kicker DX 10001 1000w amp

    I have a 2005 Ford Lincoln Ls with factory everything. What would you guys suggest?
    omg do not do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get two ascendant audio chaos or dc lvl 3 12s or 15s and maybe a crescendo bc2000 and a knu koncepts wiring kit. would be way louder and if you did the chaos subs and amp the subs are on soundsoulutionsaudio.com and so is the crescendo bc2000. the subs are liike 260 each or something and the amp is like 300$ and you can get a good wire kit for about 100$ for that little amount of power and then buy about 15 ft of 0 gauge wire and do the big 3 upgrade up front. then you can buy a battery like a xs d3400 and just replace your batt up front of even put it in the back. either way. for about 50$ including wood,screws,caulk,and carpet. you can build yourself a box. or for about 100$ you can hit up @double 07 ; on here and he can build you a AWESOME box. would be wayyyy louder and would hold resale value 25x better if you wanted to sell it later and upgrade. all this could be done for about 1500$ and would be a dang nice budget build!!!!!

    hope this helps!!

    ---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    what are you trying to get from your new system ? do you want just loud bass or a well all around system with bass, mids and highs ?
    or buy from him. lol



    01 Silverado 2500hd (gasser. :/)
    Coming soon
    Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's.
    Amp undecided..?


    Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

  5. #5
    AudioNoobie's Avatar
    AudioNoobie is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    I guess what I want is a clean sounding system with as deep bass as I can get. I don't want any rattling. Sometimes I hear someone's car with what seems to be good bass but something is rattling and makes it sound kind of awful.

    I guess I'm going to have to replace my stock speakers too to make get truly great sound, is that right?

    I wouldn't know where to start with installing myself, don't get me wrong, I'm not lazy or dumb. I just don't want to mess it up, and I want it to sound good.




  6. #6
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,097
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    Quote Originally Posted by AudioNoobie View Post
    I guess what I want is a clean sounding system with as deep bass as I can get. I don't want any rattling. Sometimes I hear someone's car with what seems to be good bass but something is rattling and makes it sound kind of awful.

    I guess I'm going to have to replace my stock speakers too to make get truly great sound, is that right?
    yes replace the frnt speakers with components ,leave the back stock and run them off the deck ,if they are no good then just some mids will be fine . as far as the rattling you'll need to mat the truck to take care of that .
    i take it that with your budget your not looking for an extra battery or ho alt . so 1500 - 2000 watts rms is what you need to be looking for .also if you want deep bass ,if you can fit 2 15's in that truck in a ported box then you'll be golden .,so you need 2 subs 12's or 15's, amp 1500 - 2000 watts rms , deck if you dont have one ,components for the fry doors ,maybe mids for the rear ,custom box ,amp kit deadening material ,and the big 3 kit .




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  7. Likes macsdad liked this post
  8. #7
    AudioNoobie's Avatar
    AudioNoobie is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    Can I do all of that within my budget? I know it depends on what I buy, but if you had the same problem on your hands, what solution would you go with, like what items? Or would you suggest waiting for more money?

    Thanks for your time and input by the way, I really appreciate it.




  9. #8
    macsdad's Avatar
    macsdad is offline boom-boom



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    birmingham, Al
    Posts
    1,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    pay attention to him,mylows knows what he sayin.




  10. #9
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    I would look at a SSA sub and just run a single sub, for an amp you could look at audioque or crescendo. If your budget is short you could look at some mb quart amps. For mids it depends on what your exact goal is. For low budgets I would look at some cadence or mb quart. We have installed all of the items mentioned and had great reviews from them. For enclosures, you are far better off going custom then with a prefab setup. Wiring there are several options with a wide range if prices and the same with deadener.




  11. #10
    garretttt4's Avatar
    garretttt4 is offline big pimpin



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Watertown sd
    Posts
    2,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    Quote Originally Posted by AudioNoobie View Post
    I guess what I want is a clean sounding system with as deep bass as I can get. I don't want any rattling. Sometimes I hear someone's car with what seems to be good bass but something is rattling and makes it sound kind of awful.

    I guess I'm going to have to replace my stock speakers too to make get truly great sound, is that right?

    I wouldn't know where to start with installing myself, don't get me wrong, I'm not lazy or dumb. I just don't want to mess it up, and I want it to sound good.
    if you have someone build you a box, you basically just run wires from the sub to the amp. and wire from front batt to pos on amp and neg on amp you ground to frame. the rca's come out of head unit for music signal and just go into rca input on amp. theres hundreds of threads on the big 3 online. if you install yourself you can save allllooooot of money and have some fun doing it yourself. and buy a dmm and make sure you wire your subs to the right impedance. (look it up on google lots of diagrams) and then just go to your audio shop and have them tune your amp with a oscope. then it will all be set right and youll have no distortion and like i said best of all save well over 500$ if you bought from your shop and had them install it. the cvx is only worth like 330$ in a box and the amp is only worth like 450$ with a wiring kit. so for 800$ worth of equipment. (that is far from the best for that price) they are charging you 1500$ definately not worth it. but just look around on here and ask questions as you go along and people can help you and tell you what your are doing wrong or right. and then with your next build youll know what to do and wont have to pay someone to put something else in.



    01 Silverado 2500hd (gasser. :/)
    Coming soon
    Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's.
    Amp undecided..?


    Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

  12. #11
    garretttt4's Avatar
    garretttt4 is offline big pimpin



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Watertown sd
    Posts
    2,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I would look at a SSA sub and just run a single sub, for an amp you could look at audioque or crescendo. If your budget is short you could look at some mb quart amps. For mids it depends on what your exact goal is. For low budgets I would look at some cadence or mb quart. We have installed all of the items mentioned and had great reviews from them. For enclosures, you are far better off going custom then with a prefab setup. Wiring there are several options with a wide range if prices and the same with deadener.
    i thought mine seemed decent. i thought of crescendo right away too. lol the ssa subs would be good too though..... ssa has just about everything. haha



    01 Silverado 2500hd (gasser. :/)
    Coming soon
    Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's.
    Amp undecided..?


    Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

  13. #12
    garretttt4's Avatar
    garretttt4 is offline big pimpin



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Watertown sd
    Posts
    2,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    yes replace the frnt speakers with components ,leave the back stock and run them off the deck ,if they are no good then just some mids will be fine . as far as the rattling you'll need to mat the truck to take care of that .
    i take it that with your budget your not looking for an extra battery or ho alt . so 1500 - 2000 watts rms is what you need to be looking for .also if you want deep bass ,if you can fit 2 15's in that truck in a ported box then you'll be golden .,so you need 2 subs 12's or 15's, amp 1500 - 2000 watts rms , deck if you dont have one ,components for the fry doors ,maybe mids for the rear ,custom box ,amp kit deadening material ,and the big 3 kit .
    hey mine covered all that! budget amp. about 2000 rms. subs that can handle it/sound good. wire. possible batt. big 3. and box from double 07. \

    ascendant audio chaos 12- $279 = Chaos 12 Ascendant Audio 12" 800W Chaos Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE
    crescendo bc2000- $379= Crescendo Audio BC2000D - 2250 watts x 1 Mono Block Bass Clef Series Amplifier - SSA STORE
    knu wiring kit- $84= Knukonceptz product detail for CLOSE OUT - IXOS 0 GAUGE POWER KIT
    rca cable- 4.99= Knukonceptz product detail for EKO 5 METER RCA CABLE
    remote cable- $3 = Knukonceptz product detail for KOLOSSUS KABLE 18 GAUGE BLUE PRIMARY / REMOTE WIRE
    big 3 kit- $115 = Tsunami Big 3 Kit Sonic Exclusive Big 3 Upgrade 1/0 Combo Package
    battery- $250 = http://www.audiosavings.com/products...em/XP2000.aspx
    speakers- (not sure what size)- $70 = http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...e-SPS-510.html
    box from double 07- $130 maybe with his special roughly- email him.

    all together is like $1,600. and would be dang nice system. dont have to do batt either so that could be 250$ less but figured id throw it in there...



    01 Silverado 2500hd (gasser. :/)
    Coming soon
    Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's.
    Amp undecided..?


    Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Age
    34
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    Nobody is suggesting amping components?

    OP, you don't need 2K for deep bass. 1K is plenty as long as you build a big low tuned ported box, and I don't mean 33 hz. I mean like 25-30 hz. You'll have your super deep bass and still have enough for a good full range amp.

    I paid a total of $1600 for my setup, and that includes the battery, distro blocks, ring terminals, all signal/power/speaker wires, screws, liquid nail, spray paint, carpet and wood from Home Depot, deadener, HU, active crossover, sub, speakers, amps, etc. Don't just get bass in the trunk. That only takes care of part of a decent system.

    Edit: I see the suggested lists above seem to include all that except the front stage amp.



    Simple SQ System:

    Head Unit: Alpine CDA-117
    Active Crossover: Cache' CEX
    Front Stage Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA-704
    Components: Polk Audio DB 6501
    Sub Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA-1000m
    Sub: JBL P1224, 2.5 ft^3 @ 25 hz enclosure
    Rear Fill: Sony Xplod 5.25s on HU power lolz

  15. #14
    blobb454's Avatar
    blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    LANSING MI
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    Quote Originally Posted by garretttt4 View Post
    if you have someone build you a box, you basically just run wires from the sub to the amp. and wire from front batt to pos on amp and neg on amp you ground to frame. the rca's come out of head unit for music signal and just go into rca input on amp. theres hundreds of threads on the big 3 online. if you install yourself you can save allllooooot of money and have some fun doing it yourself. and buy a dmm and make sure you wire your subs to the right impedance. (look it up on google lots of diagrams) and then just go to your audio shop and have them tune your amp with a oscope. then it will all be set right and youll have no distortion and like i said best of all save well over 500$ if you bought from your shop and had them install it. the cvx is only worth like 330$ in a box and the amp is only worth like 450$ with a wiring kit. so for 800$ worth of equipment. (that is far from the best for that price) they are charging you 1500$ definately not worth it. but just look around on here and ask questions as you go along and people can help you and tell you what your are doing wrong or right. and then with your next build youll know what to do and wont have to pay someone to put something else in.
    Dude great explanation! This is all good. And if your like me (and many of us) you'll try one thing and switch to another. Cheap crap stuff or high end quality.



    Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.

  16. #15
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Brand new, wondering if this setup is what I want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danometal View Post
    Nobody is suggesting amping components?

    OP, you don't need 2K for deep bass. 1K is plenty as long as you build a big low tuned ported box, and I don't mean 33 hz. I mean like 25-30 hz. You'll have your super deep bass and still have enough for a good full range amp.

    I paid a total of $1600 for my setup, and that includes the battery, distro blocks, ring terminals, all signal/power/speaker wires, screws, liquid nail, spray paint, carpet and wood from Home Depot, deadener, HU, active crossover, sub, speakers, amps, etc. Don't just get bass in the trunk. That only takes care of part of a decent system.

    Edit: I see the suggested lists above seem to include all that except the front stage amp.
    Just learned today I can get sick bass from 100W...comes down to the install I guess. Man, I love my ID10.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. So, i wonder if this is worth it...
    By plugitin in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 01:30 PM
  2. i wonder if this is covered under warranty....
    By ~Magick_Man~ in forum Car Performance and Repair
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 05:24 PM
  3. Wonder if this is a scam? :-/
    By swoosh in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum