Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Changing setup Thinking Digital Designs or other opions.

jlman is offline Review Committee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Changing setup Thinking Digital Designs or other opions.

Well I am now thinking of changing my setup I currently have 1 15 inch crystal cmp with a rockford bd1000.1 running it now I could sell the sub for 300 which is 50 dollars more than I paid for it so I would be getting a deal outta it and I will most likly sell the amp on ebay I am lookin for a SPL setup I was thinkin two DD 15 subs and a couple JL 1000/1s But not really too sure on what setup I want gimmie your opinions I have around 1500 to throw around on subs and amps so gimmie your thoughts I will not get all the above though will most likly exceed the 1500 dollar point.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyone???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why not just keep the bd1000 and get another. That would be better than having to sell the bd1000 and get 2 other amps that are basically about the same. I say go for the DD's if that's what you like.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I was also thinking about doing that as well but then if I dont sell that i will have around 1100-1200 to work with I was also thinkin a couple of crystal cmpx2s but I have heard the DDs and am pretty sure they would take it in a SPL setup not by much but by a lil but sq is no match the cmp would win. This setup is strictly comp I am not planning on using every day like the cmp I did everyday in my daily driver car and competed with it too. I am not sure if I want to get in that big of a class though. I have a Fosgate 15 inch HE2 and was thinkin maybe buying one or two more of them and just kepping the bd1000.1 or selling it and get a 1500.1 but am not sure on that I thought that the HE2 sounds alright can keep up with my cmp I had two but sold one so now just have one and since they are soo much more cheap I can get 3 or four just powering them will be the expensive part let me know what you guys think. Oh yea I was in the shop yesterday and we are carrying RF lightning audio products now we found that the strike series 1000.1 is the has the same circurtiy board and everything as the bd1000.1 and is only 310 in our store and 240 on ebay I would suggest gettin one I think the JBL 1200.1 has found its match for the best bang for buck amp.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Man I help out everyone else come on guys need a lil over here dont ask much LOL.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK Last time guys Is thier anyone that has any input?

bigbassman is offline Master of all things loud bigbassman is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Changing setup Thinking Digital Designs or other opions.

Originally posted by jlman
    Well I am now thinking of changing my setup I currently have 1 15 inch crystal cmp with a rockford bd1000.1 running it now I could sell the sub for 300 which is 50 dollars more than I paid for it so I would be getting a deal outta it and I will most likly sell the amp on ebay I am lookin for a SPL setup I was thinkin two DD 15 subs and a couple JL 1000/1s But not really too sure on what setup I want gimmie your opinions I have around 1500 to throw around on subs and amps so gimmie your thoughts I will not get all the above though will most likly exceed the 1500 dollar point.
    SPL wise, a pair of 3515's ported would romp a pair of CMP 15's sealed (reg CMP's don't like ported)

I'm pulling some very strong numbers with my 3515's (2 of them, original models) and 1600 watts.. Check sig for details..

Loyd L.

SQL Prolly

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    lol you took out your backseat too you crazy @#$#@ lol jk if you wanted straight comp go with the dd least bassman would lend you tech advice...looking at his set up i can tell he knows about volumes and port displacements at the x-treme level of spl....not many regular guys know about that plus dd imo make the best spl sub...kove mmats treo all in consideration but you can reach loyd here for help and that help is more than half the battle..least from what i can tell jlman you would and could do what he told ya and what dd whould tell ya..the trophies should pile up.......esp[ecially local

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea I am pretty sure I am gonna go the DD setup but amp considering 4 15 He2s I got one as stated and can get a pair for cheap just would need to get one more after that and grab another bd1000.1 and it should win a few trhopies here. Not too many people have DD arounnd here or crystals most people I met were like man whats that cheap *** speaker till they heard it and they were blew away by the spl level. I would like to have the cmpx2 but have to spend around 1400 on a pair so am think DD or the He2 setup.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    smaller class with the dd where you know you got the guns in a bigger class the he2's wouldnt be as golden..food for thought

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok.........

u wanna be loud? your options (not in any particular ordermof preference) -

1. IDmax
    2. DD - 3500 series have been given a makeover as the 9000 series has been discontinued and so the 3500s are like almost the same as the 9000s. i wouldnt go with 9500 series unless you are able to feed it 2500RMS+ as its a very power hungry sub and if u feed it 2500+ then ull need bigger batteries, alternator = hassle. the 3500 are good, ported is the way
    3. atomic shockers can still pull in the db's
    4. beyond audio - this would be my personal choice, but price wise they may be out of your league - very expesnive but then again, you get what you pay for - a great sub. the inhuman, i think its called, can do like 150db+ at like 30hz. power hungry again.
    5. treo ss
    6. reasonant engineering
    7. crossfire bmf
    8. memphis shp - have u considered these?

the problem is the choice reallyas most of these have achieved in excess of 165+db (except the bmkf, not sure what the highest achieved with these is - but like treo, dd, atomic, ba are all 170db subs whne installed properly.......i know i probably havent been of much help, but thats my $0.02

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No you helped just gave me some opinions which was what I wanted. I am now got it down to the DD 9500 series and the IDMAX. The thing is I wont have any problem with the alternator and battery I have two optima batterys and rebulit my alternator to 150 amps so it should do the job I am sticking with the bd1000.1s maybe if I save some money might think about the bd1500.1 but as perviously stated Lightnig audio makes a amp which is pretty much the same thing as the 1000.1 in a diff shell so I was thinkin gettin 4 of those at only 250 a pop thats darn good and know that they will out do a 1200.1 not knockin the 1200.1 but still thats a good buy for a bd1000.1 in a lightning audio shell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i aint 100% sure, but......

Originally posted by jlman
    I wont have any problem with the alternator and battery I have two optima batterys and rebulit my alternator to 150 amps so it should do the job
    i am not 100% sure, but if you were going to have the 9500series (u gonna go 2 or 1 or 4??? - must be ported ) and 4 amps, id say more than two batteries would be best - the 9512 is rated at lie, from memory this is, 1200RMS but that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo underrated - it would take 3000RMS all fukn day and not complain - im not 100% sure on this one, i think an expert needs to say something here, maybe im wrong, but i would say more than 1 9512 and u will need more than two batteries if u gonna run 4 amps on each - and i think u will need to as these ****** take as much power as u can throw at tem and ask for more. look at nathan munson for fuks sake - how many amps did he have on 1 dd, 8 was it or something like that and how many batteries!!!!!!!!!! ask zane for a helping hand.

i also think that while the idmax is a great sql sub, the 9512 could potentially be almost as good in the right enclosure, but either i think would be good, although for spl dd would be the choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

forgot...

one more thing, have u given beyond audio any thought???? very capable sub, on the same level as the dd most would say. although **** sight more expenive - i think its like $600 for a 12, but dont quote me on it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No I am gonna just get one 15 9500 series with two bd1000.1 two batterys and a 150amp alternator that should do it since her in st. louis there are not too many jugs or DDs a few treos here and though but with this setup I plan on ruling ***. I will be in not too hard of a class and am going to have my USAC world champ cuz intsall this with me so I I get up there with him one of these days but all in all I say it will be a good setup I ruled *** with my CMP so I think I will be unstopable in my area with this setup.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List