Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Reload Thread: Adding 6.5" subs to the rear doors?

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Adding 6.5" subs to the rear doors?

Quote Originally Posted by sjv13 View Post
    Will doing this make me "feel" it more when the midbass hits? That's really what I'm after.
    Potentially yes. Most of the work done to doors is to eliminate cancellation, and if you are getting cancellation at those frequencies then yes, you will notice something. It is the best first step IMO, and may get you what you are looking for. However, it may not. I think you have some high hopes in mind, and you may not find that without some bigger woofers and/or a 3-way front stage. Again, I am not the subject matter expert on this, though I think doing work on your current setup first is the way to go. If you can go to shows or someone local that has a good front stage and listen and discuss what they have done, I think you will get some idea of the work and time involved and what exactly you want/need to do.

And again, there's a lot of information in this forum. Do some searching and reading. Don't decide on anything right away, give yourself a month or so to absorb some info.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

sjv13 is offline StayStrange

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Potentially yes. Most of the work done to doors is to eliminate cancellation, and if you are getting cancellation at those frequencies then yes, you will notice something. It is the best first step IMO, and may get you what you are looking for. However, it may not. I think you have some high hopes in mind, and you may not find that without some bigger woofers and/or a 3-way front stage. Again, I am not the subject matter expert on this, though I think doing work on your current setup first is the way to go. If you can go to shows or someone local that has a good front stage and listen and discuss what they have done, I think you will get some idea of the work and time involved and what exactly you want/need to do.

And again, there's a lot of information in this forum. Do some searching and reading. Don't decide on anything right away, give yourself a month or so to absorb some info.
    Yeah, that all sounds good. I'll see if I can find any comps around here, that would be sweet to go to.

sjv13 is offline StayStrange

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    I bet it's a crossover setting. Even tuned to 33, you should be able to get proper "rock music" response (mid 40hz and 65hz) quite easily. Make sure your low-pass is at like 80hz, or 63hz with a very gradual slope (3/6). Mid drivers should be able to be crossed at 100 or 120 and the two should meet well causing no loss in output between your subs and mids.
    I know this is old, but I was just re-reading this thread because I forgot the things people had said. Anyways, I came across this post of yours, and realized you gave some good info. But the problem is that I'm stuck with the 24dB/octave slope that my sub amp has. With this information, what would you say I should crossover my sub around? It's at 80hz right now.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5