Closed Thread

Reload Thread: help

steele6794 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

help

Hi,

Did alot of searching, kept going around in circles. Need professional help. I have an older 12w3 that I feel isn't giving me the punch in the back I want for the type of music I listen to. Mostly rock, some techno. Want a better sub in every category over the 12w3. single 12. Do want a more SQ oriented sub, not just loud. Most important quality i'm looking for is the kick or punch ect. Want to reuse my alpine 600x1 rms @2 ohm amp. Will be using a 1.25 sealed enclouse but have no problem buying another box if need be. Want to spend around 250 or less. Looked at Id, Idq,IDMAX, 12w6, sa-12, ssa DCON, and dayton HO. Like the DCON's but it says they take 21 days to build which is to long. Pretty much, what is a sub that will rape a 12w3 for the money I want to spend?

Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: help

Tldr

Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry. I think I fixed it

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

american bass xfl will do the trick very nicely

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

right now you can get an audioque sdc2.5 for 118 shipped an amazing deal usually 139 plus shipping

then contact @double 07 ; to build you a custom box for the sub he has amazing deal going on with free kerf port this month for around 250 you willg et an amazing box to fit exactly your music style and a great sub

Sonic. is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I really like that TC sounds epic and that is probably now on the top of my list. The XFL seems it needs alot more power then I can give it and I have to read up more on the audioque, although the price is very nice.

To clarify on rock music a little, I like AC/DC and Type O Negative alot, and other stuff like rancid Type O has some slow stuff where I need the punch and very fast stuff where I need it to keep up, same as when playing rancid ect. Will the 12" TC epic have any problems or play it with ease, or should I be looking more along the 10" lines? Only asking because the 12w3 seems to get jumbled up or muddy when playing certain music. I realize it could, and most likely is, tuning but gotta ask. Thanks for putting up with all these questions. I've really only had experience with infinity perfects and jl w0's and w3's.

double 07 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)

Thanks Mclerico I will be more than happy to work him up a quote when he decides on a sub.......21 days left on FREE kerf promotion...If he misses out I have another sweet promotion coming January 1, 2013....

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steele6794 View Post
    I really like that TC sounds epic and that is probably now on the top of my list. The XFL seems it needs alot more power then I can give it and I have to read up more on the audioque, although the price is very nice.

To clarify on rock music a little, I like AC/DC and Type O Negative alot, and other stuff like rancid Type O has some slow stuff where I need the punch and very fast stuff where I need it to keep up, same as when playing rancid ect. Will the 12" TC epic have any problems or play it with ease, or should I be looking more along the 10" lines? Only asking because the 12w3 seems to get jumbled up or muddy when playing certain music. I realize it could, and most likely is, tuning but gotta ask. Thanks for putting up with all these questions. I've really only had experience with infinity perfects and jl w0's and w3's.
    The enclosure will dictate more of the actual response then the driver will. If designed properly around your goals just about any sub can reproduce the sound you want. The issue might be if if your current sub can reproduce the sound at a loud enough volume for your tastes. You more likely could just get a new enclosure for your JL but a whole new setup would be great as well.

That TC sub is very nice as is the SSA sub.

Sonic. is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For your application I would do the TC epic 10, TC Sounds Epic 10" DVC Subwoofer 293-656

SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)

i would stay away from buying a "new" tc sounds subs sence the company has been closed for over a year now. as said above a new enclosure for ur current sub would be best, ported tuned 32-34hz.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wouldn't left over stock from before TC went out be ok? Or are you just looking at it from a defective woofer and potential warranty issue?

Buying a box to suite my w3 isn't as much fun as buying a whole new sub haha. Kinda wanted to try out something new, but also, I kind of want to see what a ported box tuned would be capable of.

for $150 I can get a 12w3v3 and a ported box but tuned to 35hz. Used of course, but cheap money. I just don't want to be that kid who doesn't take advice on what a box should be tuned at and go with something not recommended because it was a "good deal". kind of defeats the purpose of asking for help.

And for my last ignorant question of this post...Is it safe to say that either the DCON or the EPIC in a properly tuned box would give me more of the sound I'm looking for over the w3 I'm currently using in a properly tuned ported box?

I really do appreciated the help

Closed Thread