Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: My two Sundown SA12's D4's arrived today!

Jason Eden is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My two Sundown SA12's D4's arrived today!

I'm still waiting on my Audioque 1200 to be delivered and am also having a 4cf enclosure tuned to 35Hz being built for me right now (I live in an apartment and have no tools). Everything should be installed by this coming up Friday though After everything is installed I'll see how they compare to my previous setups which were a 15" Fi SSD(3.5cf 35Hz, 1000 watts rms) and a 18" Fi SP4(8cf 33Hz, 1000 watts rms), both of which were in my old 08 Hyundai hatchback. I now own a 2011 Honda Civic. Anyways here are some pics of one of them

??????????? what is the rms on that Audioque 1200 ? and isnt 4 cf pretty big box for these speakers ?

2. Dislikes Falcons disliked this post

*Ace* is offline Subwooferologist

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eden View Post

??????????? what is the rms on that Audioque 1200 ? and isnt 4 cf pretty big box for these speakers ?

The Audioque does 1200 rms at 14.4 volts. And 4cf is fine for these guys. I did quite a bit of reading before buying them and many people use anywhere from 1.5-2cf per sub. I want to say that even Jacob at Sundown recommends 2cf for the 12" if I'm not mistaken.

2011 Honda Civic Coupe
    Kenwood DDX419
    Image Dynamics CXS62 v.2 powered by an Audioque 200.2
    (2) Sundown SA 12" powered by an Audioque 1200D

Bass911 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just got 2 new ones also but they are 15s. I'm kind of pissed at Sundown because the pics on SSA store, Ebay, Wooferetc, and Sundown's website doesn't have the new pics up. The new subs we just got has a stitched surround, thinner cone, and the surround itself looks different. I have 2 untouched old ones and 2 new ones with the stitched surround. My plan was to run 4 matching 15s, but I don't know anymore. I guess it might not be a big deal? I would have not bought them if I knew they looked different. The pics on all those websites look just like what I already have. I guess they're too lazy to put up the new pics?

Old one on the right has a thicker cone

Jason Eden is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you try calling them to see if they have anymore of the old style or can do anything for you

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *Ace* View Post
    The Audioque does 1200 rms at 14.4 volts. And 4cf is fine for these guys. I did quite a bit of reading before buying them and many people use anywhere from 1.5-2cf per sub. I want to say that even Jacob at Sundown recommends 2cf for the 12" if I'm not mistaken.
    u havent seen **** yet ..get another aq1200 or sell the 1200 and get a aq2200....i had 2 sa12.s on 2 saz1000d 145 out of the trunk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eden View Post
    Did you try calling them to see if they have anymore of the old style or can do anything for you
    I emailed them and what I got from the email is that I'm stuck with them. I also told them that they need to update the pictures. I'm just going to bite the bullet I guess. He asked me who I bought the old ones from, but I don't know what that has to do with anything? Whenever or where ever you buy them from right now has the old pic.

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bass911 View Post
    I emailed them and what I got from the email is that I'm stuck with them. I also told them that they need to update the pictures. I'm just going to bite the bullet I guess. He asked me who I bought the old ones from, but I don't know what that has to do with anything? Whenever or where ever you buy them from right now has the old pic.
    That would piss me off too. When you spend that much money you'd like things to be uniform and match up. Everytime you look at that it's going to piss you off. Maybe get someone to trade you? You'd think that the SSA store would do something about that... They're usually pretty good from what I hear.

DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bass911 View Post
    I just got 2 new ones also but they are 15s. I'm kind of pissed at Sundown because the pics on SSA store, Ebay, Wooferetc, and Sundown's website doesn't have the new pics up.

There's no reason to be pissed at Sundown or any other site that you didn't purchase from. Sundown doesn't control what products that were sent to you if you didn't purchase it directly from them. Yes I think it's pretty *****y for the seller to basically say screw you, I'd be upset also. Try reaching out to Jacob to see if it's something he can do for you, he's a pretty good guy and very reasonable and remember that you can catch way more flies with honey than you can with vinger.....just my 2cents

Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DARKHART View Post
    There's no reason to be pissed at Sundown or any other site that you didn't purchase from. Sundown doesn't control what products that were sent to you if you didn't purchase it directly from them. Yes I think it's pretty *****y for the seller to basically say screw you, I'd be upset also. Try reaching out to Jacob to see if it's something he can do for you, he's a pretty good guy and very reasonable and remember that you can catch way more flies with honey than you can with vinger.....just my 2cents
    I might go ahead and try them out and if they sound good I might sell the old ones and get 2 more new ones. It depends on how wrong it looks when I drop them in the box? Sundown did tell me that these subs would play well together. I don't know how long before I do it because I need a H.O. Alt and a better battery under the hood. To the OP, I'm sorry if it seems like I hijacked your thread.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2