Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reload Thread: Building my Tantric SHD 12. 6000rms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Building my Tantric SHD 12. 6000rms

we are not like other companies out there....imo....we will tell you anything you want to know about our woofers that you want to know within reason, but we are the most informative company that I know of with the most helpful people around us..our team has several wr holders and champions on it and every single one will help you with anything that you need..this is not a sales pitch but we do spend the most money on our motors and parts bar none...we only use 10-08 to 10-10 steel ( from china because everything that I have tested over the past 20 years from anywhere else including usa wasn't as good..it all had more carbon content ) as it has no carbon in it and carries the flow of the magnetic charge better than any other steel ...we use a minimum of y35 ferrite as its the highest grade of ferrite that you can get ( y33 if you can find it..not y38 or y40 as it doesn't test as strong no matter what anyone tells you ) we use only n38 - 40 cobalt magnet material for our new woofer that's coming soon as its the highest grade we can find and for baskets we only use cast aluminum baskets cause there are less chances of resonating problems and they are much stronger than any othey at the moment...we use usa coils from same company I have used for 15+ years and are constantly tooling new parts to better the end product instead of using the normal like most other companies..we constantly strive to the best we can and for this we are very proud of our product and take the utmost pride in it...so if you have any questions or concerns just ask we will help anyway we can....you can reach alan hall or myself through email or any forum out there cause we are constantly on them...thank you Ronal Murphy Tantric Technologies LLC.

2. Thanks TaylorFade thanked for this post
    Likes icpurplepplalot liked this post

icpurplepplalot is offline I'm Old Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good stuff guys, just noticed you aren't too far from me at all. Do you have a shop or anything in Gonzales to check out?

NO LINK SIGS!

The intelligence of the youth of today brought to you by civic si.
    Quote Originally Posted by civic si View Post
    u think u are a smart? u racism dawg....u talk like u hate asian....if i was there i beat the hell out of u
    refs.rcexplosion158(b), jj4475(t), tweet02(s), Xtremebass5(b), fawd06 (b x2), teamquakecelica(b), Cmccloud(t), lightningbolt44(b), lorilee8284(t), bumpincrv(s), shotokan_teen(s), Skip01(t), 528hz(b), 169db(s), Jameseypoo(b), spl140.2(b), Earthman(t), Team MAF (s x2), Team H&K(b), lincolntc690(s), cuseikan(s)

b=bought s=sold t=traded
    Plenty more on ebay under icpurplepplalot

Julian is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@tantric sounds

By no means was I saying that you use inferior grade parts (many of my friends run Tantric), I was MERELY stating that the size of the motor does not equate to a better sub. In this hobby people see a sub with a huge motor and think it's the greatest thing in the world when in all actuality it's overinflated to give the appearnce by using lower strength and increasing its size by 20-30%. I have more of an issue with the power handling, yes it'll depend on the box but thermally I don't think it's manageble for the "average" consumer Aka the dumb ones who see an RMS rating of 5k and don't expect it to burn up when they clip the **** out of it. Then just to go blame the manufacturer that they sold them a defective product. Generally IMO it's best to put it to worse case scenario with an average user.

But you know, keep doing what you're doing.. Stuff looks promising.

Refs:
    sefugi x2, S.DeYoung, SteveMead, chillin, rebelfromva, Got160s?, JL Audio , mclerico83, and BIGJEFF64.

2000LaDe is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    @tantric sounds

By no means was I saying that you use inferior grade parts (many of my friends run Tantric), I was MERELY stating that the size of the motor does not equate to a better sub. In this hobby people see a sub with a huge motor and think it's the greatest thing in the world when in all actuality it's overinflated to give the appearnce by using lower strength and increasing its size by 20-30%. I have more of an issue with the power handling, yes it'll depend on the box but thermally I don't think it's manageble for the "average" consumer Aka the dumb ones who see an RMS rating of 5k and don't expect it to burn up when they clip the **** out of it. Then just to go blame the manufacturer that they sold them a defective product. Generally IMO it's best to put it to worse case scenario with an average user.

The average consumer is also not buying this woofer. So that argument is null and void

Great New Forum CLICK ME!
    www.soundcheckcustoms.com/audioforum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icpurplepplalot View Post
    Good stuff guys, just noticed you aren't too far from me at all. Do you have a shop or anything in Gonzales to check out?
    We have our wharehouse in gonzales on sr 431

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LaDe View Post
    The average consumer is also not buying this woofer. So that argument is null and void
    I would NOT go that far, how many noobs have you seen with BTL's or other big name super woofers?

Refs:
    sefugi x2, S.DeYoung, SteveMead, chillin, rebelfromva, Got160s?, JL Audio , mclerico83, and BIGJEFF64.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@tantric sounds

The unfortunate side of doing worst case senario is that you can burn a coil up on just a few hundred watts of clipped power..I know jonathon put 4k on the tsns and we put 6500 on the ss xxx but I was going for the truth as I have on the other woofers in our lineup....this woofer wasnt meant to be run by the average consumer because the average consumer wont know what to do with it...it was really created for the bass race or bass boxing guys as was the hdd woofer was. These really are sql woofers I have yet to build an spl only woofer since the sales on an spl o ly woofer would be slim

9. Thanks brandonkain82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

By no means was I pointing you out julian I was mearly making a general post for everyone to read before they questioned the product

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tantric sounds View Post
    By no means was I pointing you out julian I was mearly making a general post for everyone to read before they questioned the product
    I'd be interested in 8 10's

Refs:

brandon_s0854 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tantric sounds View Post
    The unfortunate side of doing worst case senario is that you can burn a coil up on just a few hundred watts of clipped power..I know jonathon put 4k on the tsns and we put 6500 on the ss xxx but I was going for the truth as I have on the other woofers in our lineup....this woofer wasnt meant to be run by the average consumer because the average consumer wont know what to do with it...it was really created for the bass race or bass boxing guys as was the hdd woofer was. These really are sql woofers I have yet to build an spl only woofer since the sales on an spl o ly woofer would be slim
    That's a surprising statement; that only a few hundred watts of clipped power can burn up a coil of this magnitude. To think, I was bumping for years before understanding what clipping is and the havoc it reigns on your entire system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'd be interested in 8 10's
    you can email me @ tantricsounds@hotmail.com and I will answer any questions for you.....as far as power rating for the shd line ill just change it to a amperage rating and fuse it or it can just be called " more than our other woofers " and be left at that

14. Likes brandon_s0854 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I would NOT go that far, how many noobs have you seen with BTL's or other big name super woofers?
    are u seriously calling a btl a super woofer? maybe the neos which cost about the same.

Great New Forum CLICK ME!
    www.soundcheckcustoms.com/audioforum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

what is considered a super woofer

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_s0854 View Post
    That's a surprising statement; that only a few hundred watts of clipped power can burn up a coil of this magnitude. To think, I was bumping for years before understanding what clipping is and the havoc it reigns on your entire system.
    He wasn't referring to the SHD coil specifically, genius.

Your XPlods are designed purposefully and specifically FOR clipping from your AP amps. They're louder that way. So, you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

18. Likes brandon_s0854, 2000LaDe liked this post