Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Reload Thread: Are bigger names NOT the best bet?

jammin304 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Are bigger names NOT the best bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Guys here have a really bad habit of not getting all the info needed to recommend the right setup they just start spouting off their favorite brand... I was just being an *** with that last statement...
    i comepletly understand! all this is very useful im glad i came om here and started asking questions if it was like that how you said than i would have gotten on here bought a Memphis and probably would have been dissapointed and very pissed off haha i need someone to tell me how it is! i feel good about what i want now

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)

Guys here have a really bad habit of not getting all the info needed to recommend the right setup they just start spouting off their favorite brand... I was just being an *** with that last statement...
    bad payton

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

im here to get every piece of knowledge possible!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

its just to get him started... do you have a problem with xfls or something? you always seem to get butthurt when someone mentions them. they're a forum boner for a reason...

i guess sundowns shit because people used to reccomend it all the time.. gtfo

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    it will help .if you get the system i'll throw in the volt meter free.
    Do this. Big 3 for sure, and I believe a voltage meter is super important. Watch your voltage the first few times you are really turning it up. If you start to dip below your battery's resting voltage, turn it down a little and see where you are at. If you are getting that low, come back here and ask questions.

This all day. Most of the times the noobs only ask what's the best (insert wattage number) amp they can get, and people only answer their question and don't give any more info. Noobs don't know to ask the other things like electrical requirements and so forth most of the time, so I think that's a fault of the members here.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

6. Thanks jammin304 thanked for this post
    Likes jammin304 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Do this. Big 3 for sure, and I believe a voltage meter is super important. Watch your voltage the first few times you are really turning it up. If you start to dip below your battery's resting voltage, turn it down a little and see where you are at. If you are getting that low, come back here and ask questions.

This all day. Most of the times the noobs only ask what's the best (insert wattage number) amp they can get, and people only answer their question and don't give any more info. Noobs don't know to ask the other things like electrical requirements and so forth most of the time, so I think that's a fault of the members here.
    yea i know im still very ignorant on this subject but i have still been around subs and audio since i was 16 so i know what will happen if your system is fucked up or isnt working at the very best hahaand thats not what im trying to do bc this can get very deep in some peoples pockets

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    its just to get him started... do you have a problem with xfls or something? you always seem to get butthurt when someone mentions them. they're a forum boner for a reason...

Nah man, for the most part he's right. I have really no brand bias, and XFL's work for sure. But there wasn't too much info asked for here. They are noobs for a reason, you got to give and ask for more info than they know to give. I'm not trying to start a war here, this isn't the place for this involved discussion, but if you look around, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    bad payton
    I know Im a dick lol

Quote Originally Posted by jammin304 View Post
    im here to get every piece of knowledge possible!!!
    You will learn the basics quick just takes some reading and asking...

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post

I never said any of the brand where **** or I didnt like them...

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post

Yep just need to get all the answers first which most dont thats when I get annoyed...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

10. Thanks jammin304 thanked for this post
    Likes jammin304 liked this post
    mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammin304 View Post
    im most likely going to be getting it from a local car audio shop so vendors is a help but not necissary and all the other people early seem to just give me big compition subs that im not really into buying im not going to be competing just driving with very loud music lol

I hear this statement from locals who ask for advice all the time. Seems like to them anything not mainstream is competition. Also because the non mainstream stuff is usually much louder and costs less they think it's competition only for some reason.

They just don't want to believe that **** can sound good and be louder then JL/kicker/RF/Alpine....

2000LaDe is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

just get one of these 12s

Great New Forum CLICK ME!
    www.soundcheckcustoms.com/audioforum

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5