Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Alpine Type R 10s/new version

audiobaun is online now Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1407 Post(s)

Alpine Type R 10s/new version

I am looking at honest feed back /information on these sub woofers.Are there anyone running these,and If so, how much power rms on ea/pair.I know there are other subs out there, but I am only interested of how these are performing,Ported enclosure @ the best cu ft per chamber and @what hertz.Thanks
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290806175108...84.m1438.l2649

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1190 Post(s)

Re: Alpine Type R 10s/new version

For what its worth my buddy ran a pair of the new 12s. 1500 rms to the pair. Prefab ported box. In the trunk of a dodge avenger and it was surprisingly pretty loud. Much much louder than the older models, SQ and low end lacked but that could most likely be had with a better box. But all in all I doubt you'll find a better $150 woofer.

REFS alot

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    689 Post(s)

I built a 5 cube box @ 31hz for a pair of 12s and threw 1700w on them in a Jeep grand cherokee. Loud!! They sound pretty clean too
    Last edited by skylineTT; 12-02-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

4. Thanks audiobaun thanked for this post
    DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    675 Post(s)

I've heard a pair of the 12's on 1200 watts. Guy said box was around 4 cubes ported at 34. Sounded good to me for being underpowered by 400 a piece. I'm thinking about a pair of the 10's for my daughters car....

timma100 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

They don't look that bad at all.. I cant be of much help honestly because I have never run a pair... But, I will suggest woffers I have run before.. I completely understand if you don't want to, but have you considered a pair of SA10s? EbayLink You could go new or get a used pair on here for cheaper than the TypeRs.. IMHO the SAs would sound better on the same power..

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

I'm running 3 10's off a powerbass 3000 in my wife's car atm. They are excellent subs IMO.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    689 Post(s)

I'm actually planning on running a single 10 on around 1kW in my sisters car.. They can be had relatively cheap!

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

audiobaun is online now Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1407 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dtrom View Post
    For what its worth my buddy ran a pair of the new 12s. 1500 rms to the pair. Prefab ported box. In the trunk of a dodge avenger and it was surprisingly pretty loud. Much much louder than the older models, SQ and low end lacked but that could most likely be had with a better box. But all in all I doubt you'll find a better $150 woofer.
    I am thinking the same about finding a sub/good sub in that $ range that performs any better..Im sure that being in the truck of that car,its quite hard to get any SQ,without some real modifications/deadening and so forth for sure.Ill be replacing the CVRs in my..lol,Honda CRV,so they are in the cab in an opened area,and should perform nicely..Thanks for the input

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1407 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoesDad View Post
    I've heard a pair of the 12's on 1200 watts. Guy said box was around 4 cubes ported at 34. Sounded good to me for being underpowered by 400 a piece. I'm thinking about a pair of the 10's for my daughters car....
    The old style Ive heard at TheTexas Heat Wave on an old Cresendo 3k amp, and they were @1.6cuft per chamber@approx 36htz,and the guy was running them at a 1/2ohm load, and they were impressive.I got to hear a chit load of subs amps and speakers for a solid 2 day period,and those Type r still have been in the back of my mind for my daily driver,and at one hell of a price.I just havent had the chance to hear the newer version.Alpines show vehicle was still running the older version??LOL,while marketing the new version???

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1407 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timma100 View Post
    They don't look that bad at all.. I cant be of much help honestly because I have never run a pair... But, I will suggest woffers I have run before.. I completely understand if you don't want to, but have you considered a pair of SA10s? EbayLink You could go new or get a used pair on here for cheaper than the TypeRs.. IMHO the SAs would sound better on the same power..
    Well, if im going to spend close to $200 ea, for my daily driver, I wouldnt consider anything other than PSI,or FI.Or even some SSA, be my last choice,but thanks for the info.I appreciate it

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1407 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flastrongman View Post
    I'm running 3 10's off a powerbass 3000 in my wife's car atm. They are excellent subs IMO.
    Are you running DVC2 ohm, or DVC4ohm subs?I havent had the chance to hear the new Type R subs yet,I didnt know if they have gotten any better, or if any change at all.

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

D4's, there does not seem to be much or any difference from the 3rd gen to the new 4th gen other than black cones.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1407 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skylineTT View Post
    I'm actually planning on running a single 10 on around 1kW in my sisters car.. They can be had relatively cheap!
    Whats up my man..LOL!! I havent heard from you in a while..I still have some old school cheaters??LOL..Well, Im running a Pair of CVR in my Honda CRV,in approx 1.6 cu ft per chamber ported @around 34 htz, @2ohms per sub on 1-Autotek Mean Machine 66 per sub,and they are getting down fine, but I got the subs in a trade locally from a good friend of mine for a 140a Chevy alt.been running them for approx 3 months, and am hearing squeeking from one of the coils,Ive been slamming them daily,but that one has become irritating ya know.I first thought that it might be some of the vibration from the headliner,or from the dash, but I found yesterday it is a coil.Im not sure exactly what the actual rms those amps are shelling out, but at%50 gain,thay put a 140 meter in error,so I feel confident about the amps serving justice,just feeling like those Type R for $260 a pair will be just fine for the daily,and be able to handle the power Im putting on them..%50-75% is all Ill ever do on any sub rms wise..I try to be conservative.I was debating on the AB TNT subs as well, but the Type R I feel will be a better rated sub?Ive heard the TNT, and they sound great, dont get me wrong.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1407 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flastrongman View Post
    D4's, there does not seem to be much or any difference from the 3rd gen to the new 4th gen other than black cones.
    I thought maybe the coils have changed.Are you running them in a shared chamber,or individual chamber?And at approx what htz?Ill be going with 1.6@34htz per chamber

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

They are solid subs for sure

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

17. Thanks audiobaun thanked for this post
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast