Closed Thread

Reload Thread: parallel vs series wiring

akadj is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

parallel vs series wiring

Sorry I thought this is where I ask the vendor a question.
    Last edited by akadj; 11-29-2012 at 03:14 AM.

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: parallel vs series wiring

1) Not quite sure what you're asking, but all speakers change impedances at different frequencies.
    2) Not sure, but why does that really matter? All that really matters is the phase of the woofer cone relative to your other speakers.

Edit: How'd you manage to get this in the SSA section? @pro-rabbit ; @audioholic ;

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

akadj is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lets say i have an amp with peak power at 2ohms and i want to buy 2 12" subs.. is it better to get dual .5ohm and run series or single 4ohm and run parallel.

Here's what a friend sent me regarding putting multiple subwoofers in one chamber...

..."parallel wiring is to be prefered in general.Impedance peaks, even at frequencies higher than fs,*correlate with high voice coil velocity due to resonant conditions.

Parallel wiring will tend to balance voice coil velocity betweendrivers, when resonance peaks are differing due to tolerances,which is normally the case. The resonating driver simply getsless current than its non resonating neighbour.

In the series circuit current through all drivers is the same,and the resonating driver will see higher voltage at his clampsthan his non resonating neighbours, which tends to make thingsworse, because power is always distributed to the driver whichbehaves worst at a certain frequency"...

knotdrummer88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akadj View Post
    Lets say i have an amp with peak power at 2ohms and i want to buy 2 12" subs.. is it better to get dual .5ohm and run series or single 4ohm and run parallel.

Here's what a friend sent me regarding putting multiple subwoofers in one chamber...

..."parallel wiring is to be prefered in general.Impedance peaks, even at frequencies higher than fs,*correlate with high voice coil velocity due to resonant conditions.

Parallel wiring will tend to balance voice coil velocity betweendrivers, when resonance peaks are differing due to tolerances,which is normally the case. The resonating driver simply getsless current than its non resonating neighbour.

In the series circuit current through all drivers is the same,and the resonating driver will see higher voltage at his clampsthan his non resonating neighbours, which tends to make thingsworse, because power is always distributed to the driver whichbehaves worst at a certain frequency"...
    yeah, how did you get this in here. next time post your similar questions in threads that are made for such instead of vendors forums

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    I look for a girl with lowered standards, and possibly a vision problem. Depth perception and size awareness problems are a definite must. Also must like river-dancing and hideous, irreversible burn scars.

What can I say, Im an old fashioned kind of guy.

Closed Thread