Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: How big is the ..........

hcivic91 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How big is the ..........

How big is the difference between a legit good 12" like the Sundown SA-12 and the Sundown ZV3-12?

Or between the GCON and the XCON.

Or any of the other makers good and really good stuff.

This is assuming each is properly boxed and powered, how much difference is there between the SPL, usable frequency range, SQ, etc.....

2. Dislikes Falcons disliked this post

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: How big is the ..........

coils designs frames list goes on and on

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe I wasn't clear in my question. How big is the difference in their performance, not the technical bits.

Kangaroux is online now I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcivic91 View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear in my question. How big is the difference in their performance, not the technical bits.
    You get what you pay for...it's only common sense that going from an sa-12 to a Z or a gcon to an xcon will provide you with extra performance benefits...exactly what those are no one can really tell you for sure because everything is a variable. If you have the power and the budget, get the better stuff.

6. Thanks Loudmp5 thanked for this post
    Likes Loudmp5 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course, it is like anything in life - you get what you pay for. But what am I getting, in terms of performance, when a guy upgrades from and SA-12 to an ZV3-12. That is what I'm trying to understand. Will it actually be louder, how much? Will it be punchier, noticeably? I understand no one can tell me exactly but perhaps someone can offer some color on the differences.

-BenBen- is offline Team L.oud A.s F.u**

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Of course, it is like anything in life - you get what you pay for. But what am I getting, in terms of performance, when a guy upgrades from and SA-12 to an ZV3-12. That is what I'm trying to understand. Will it actually be louder, how much? Will it be punchier, noticeably? I understand no one can tell me exactly but perhaps someone can offer some color on the differences.
    It has the potential to take more power = being louder..more then likely better sound quality depending on if its a sql sub or not. maybe better parts used so it may last longer. its just all around a upgrade usually

-My Current Setup-
    Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300
    Sub - Audioque HDC4 15 - 4.0 Cu @33hz (Built By @DBeez ; )
    Amp - American Bass VFL 500.1 (.5 Ohm)
    Front Stage - Stock
    Electrical: 2/0, Big 3, 270 Amp DC Powered Alt. Batts: Coming Soon
    Tuned Low and need Fresh music ? >> http://www.datpiff.com/Team-LAF-Loud-As-Fu-Slowed-Low-Loud-Bangers-mixtape.514065.html <<
    >Team L.A.F.<

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

There is no magic answer to the question. There are too many variables to tell you how much better one sub is or how much louder one is going to be.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your opinion guys. I'm not trying to be a Richard, I'm just trying to figure out what is the best upgrade path to take. Upgrade components, add woofers, more power, better box, etc. Its complicated as you guys suggest and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to be happiest yet. If anyone has more input I'd love to hear it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Thanks for your opinion guys. I'm not trying to be a Richard, I'm just trying to figure out what is the best upgrade path to take. Upgrade components, add woofers, more power, better box, etc. Its complicated as you guys suggest and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to be happiest yet. If anyone has more input I'd love to hear it.
    Well what are you goals?

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've got a DD2512 running at about 800rms and I've caught the upgrade bug.
    I'm looking to increase spl but also increase low range extension.
    I've got 1500 watts at 1ohm and upgraded electrical.
    I know 2 10s would give me more spl but perhaps not the extension I'm looking for. So that leaves me questioning if upgrading to a mid/top-tier 12" on 1500rms would help me achieve what I want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

whats your budget how much space you got if you got another 12 per say on that much power you wouldnt hear a huge difference i mean like another 12 not adding another 2512

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I've got a DD2512 running at about 800rms and I've caught the upgrade bug.
    I'm looking to increase spl but also increase low range extension.
    I've got 1500 watts at 1ohm and upgraded electrical.
    I know 2 10s would give me more spl but perhaps not the extension I'm looking for. So that leaves me questioning if upgrading to a mid/top-tier 12" on 1500rms would help me achieve what I want.
    So you're saying you don't think 10s can hit low notes? How is it a single 12 can but two 10s can't?

Little bit of flex | Facebook

Two 10s hitting 26 hz like a champ. I'd go with the two 10s over a single 12 imo, really will come down to your enclosure, not so much the sub.

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ionrl205 View Post
    so you're saying you don't think 10s can hit low notes? How is it a single 12 can but two 10s can't?

little bit of flex | facebook

two 10s hitting 26 hz like a champ. I'd go with the two 10s over a single 12 imo, really will come down to your enclosure, not so much the sub.
    agreed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Space is more of a concern than budget. I cant get much more than 3 cubes + port back there. I've currently got 2.2cubes ported and I'm pretty fond of that size. 6 inches bigger would get me to 3 cubes total. The more I read the more I know it is about box but I'm not sure how different 2 10s on 1500rms would sound than my 12 on 800 does now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Space is more of a concern than budget. I cant get much more than 3 cubes + port back there. I've currently got 2.2cubes ported and I'm pretty fond of that size. 6 inches bigger would get me to 3 cubes total. The more I read the more I know it is about box but I'm not sure how different 2 10s on 1500rms would sound than my 12 on 800 does now.
    Well you're doubling the power and adding more cone area, should be a noticeable difference. Its hard to say thought because I don't know how good your current box is or how well the box for your new subs will be.

But for the most part you should definitely see a gain in output, but low end extension will come down to box design/tuning.

Subs - None
    Front Amp - None

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast