Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Battle of the Boom at our school. Done. 2nd place in SPL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Battle of the Boom at our school. Done. 2nd place in SPL.

Well, some of you may remember me in my earlier days. I finally got my setup working great and participated in our school's contest where everyone takes their car's out with the good sound systems and competes at our High School. I have 2 15L7s in a sealed box and other high quality stuff. There were 6 cars there, usually there are more, like 10-12, but this year there were not too many, mostly because it was overcast. I had the 2nd best SPL and they had actual judges come to judge us. It was so much fun because everyone commented on how good it was. I lost SPL to a person with a Yukon and 4 12" Eclipse Aluminums and a 2000 Watt amp with, what must have been a ported box. I really had to hand it to him, the back latch of his SUV was shaking like mad. I have never seen that before but it was hella cool. He deserved first. I lost SQ to a person with 1 15" MMat sub but he tuned the hell out of it. I had 2nd best SQ and 2nd best SPL. I am happy with 2nd because I am still 2nd out of 1,300 kids and that is not bad. I think it is good that the school does this because it gives people a chance to show off their systems and the spectators have fun too. WIth everything being overcast and me having waited about 5 months for this very day, everything seemed like a dream and I'll never forget this day. It was crazy and I hope to beef up my system some more before next year. Thanks to everyone who helped me make my system good and advising me to make today so special.

New!!!
    My Car - WWW.SOUNDDOMAIN.COM/ID/ARCANEPARADISE

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice job, 2nd is respectable. It's strange the winner is SQ was w/ 1 15". It seems as though the kids at your school are more SPL oriented than SQ. What was the rest of his SQ setup, and yours?

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

jellydime is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, when I was in high school, I think I was the only one that knew what SQ meant!
    JELLYDIME

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    15's rule!!!!

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC