Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Adire Audio, are they worth it?

Daniel is offline Caraudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Adire Audio, are they worth it?

is this sub company really worth it? some of thier subs are asking for a lot of money... some other companies i would like to know if they are any good would be Kove, and Alchemy's.. they are expensive with somewhat low wattage.... are any of these good?

2010 Nissan Frontier
    working on it...

Daniel is offline Caraudio.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    forgot to ask which of these brands has best SQ and which has best SPL?

2010 Nissan Frontier
    working on it...

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, there definitly worth it, and if you don't like them, you can all ways return 'em.

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    $125 for the Shiva, can't get much better than that for a SQ/SPL mix.

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Adire Audio, are they worth it?

Originally posted by Daniel
    is this sub company really worth it? some of thier subs are asking for a lot of money... some other companies i would like to know if they are any good would be Kove, and Alchemy's.. they are expensive with somewhat low wattage.... are any of these good?
    The brahma series is something that has to be heard to be completely understood... it is one of the finest drivers I've ever used, and is worth every penny to me...

If you have any specific questions I'll be glad to help you out.

01price is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got one, actually a few, I posted on AmpMan's forum, but I can't get many response, so I will copy and paste them here.

Hello,
    I became very interested in the Brahma subs after intensive research on the web and debated on the car sound disscussion board, and comments made by jlaine on the caraudio.com forums (thanks for the help-I am the one with the PG cyclone setup).

I was very big on the SQ side of car audio, but recently I have been getting a craveing for MORE BASS! But I would still like to keep most of the sonic clarity of my current setup (Quarts for mids/highs, 2 8w3's and a phoenix gold cyclone for midbass, subsonic bass, Alpine CDA-7876, Audio Control Epic-150 and THREE.1). I read about the Adire Audio Brahma and INSTANTLY became attached to the Brahma. The only other subs I was considering was the 12w7 (Local dealer made me a sweet deal, 2 12w7, full warrenty for $1,000), which was too expensive, not beefy enough, and lost much SQ ported. The IDMAX came up, same problems. The 9515, again, not near enough SQ I am looking for, and too big for me to take in. Then I was down to the 1203 blueprint sub and the Brahma 12 sub. I want to compete in the dB drag comps (I went to my first show on 4-20-02, and won 1st place in my class- Street 3-4, met michael hughes, ****** van btw ), but I also want to use it as a daily driver.

So, what I got in mind is this: 1 12 inch Brahma in a 2.8 cu feet box with a port. My amp will be a Cadence z7000HC (or the class D design, z777-D)

My questions are this, How thick should I make the box, should I use internal box braces, should the port be square or round, what should the port be made out of (flexable or MDF)? I want the tunnign frequency of the port to be around 28-30hz, so I bet it will be pretty long... Also, how much sq inches of port should I have? I was thinking maybe 30 sq inches? (3x10) Or will this not give me enough area for a 28-30hz tune?

I will face the brahma toward the trunk tailights, and have the port face my backseats so when I goto comps I can just fold the back seats down and have it port into my cabin area. Another thing, I have lots of room to play with, I can probably go upto 3.5 cubic box, If I make the box bigger, will I increase the output at the cost of sound quality? Thanks for your time, I hope Dan will be able to take time from Mr.Overpeck on the car sound boards and help me out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by 01price

My questions are this, How thick should I make the box, should I use internal box braces, should the port be square or round, what should the port be made out of (flexable or MDF)? I want the tunnign frequency of the port to be around 28-30hz, so I bet it will be pretty long... Also, how much sq inches of port should I have? I was thinking maybe 30 sq inches? (3x10) Or will this not give me enough area for a 28-30hz tune?

I will face the brahma toward the trunk tailights, and have the port face my backseats so when I goto comps I can just fold the back seats down and have it port into my cabin area. Another thing, I have lots of room to play with, I can probably go upto 3.5 cubic box, If I make the box bigger, will I increase the output at the cost of sound quality? Thanks for your time, I hope Dan will be able to take time from Mr.Overpeck on the car sound boards and help me out!
    01price

I recommend nothing less than 3/4" mdf with internal bracing when going with the box you are after. Make it solid as you can, without taking up too much of your needed space.
    Typically to tune the brahma that low, I recommend getting the 'aeroport' (PNR, it's a flared port, helps reduce turbulence, so less port noise), and go with a single 4" X 27" vent, should tune you to 27hz....

I don't suggest any larger for the ported design, that is all the space you need to tune it low, so no sense in giving any more up. Be mindful of the power handling below tuning, use a subsonic filter if you can, and you'll not only have your SQ, but your SPL at the same time. The brahma sounds fantastic ported, and gains a LOT of lower end energy in the process. I think you'll be very happy with the net results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are you serious? A 4 inch port is all? That will get me like 13 sq inches of port... please correct me if I am wrong, but don't you need lots of port area for low tuned SPL setups? Also, I never done a box with internal braceing, how exactly do I do that? Stick a long block of mdf in the box and connect each side? I think that is braceing, I never done a heavy load box like this before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1 more thing, do you sell aeroports? If not, where can I get them, and for how cheap?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by 01price
    Are you serious? A 4 inch port is all? That will get me like 13 sq inches of port... please correct me if I am wrong, but don't you need lots of port area for low tuned SPL setups? Also, I never done a box with internal braceing, how exactly do I do that? Stick a long block of mdf in the box and connect each side? I think that is braceing, I never done a heavy load box like this before.
    Low tuning and SPL typically don't go hand-in-hand... the box I gave you is a SQ design, with the ability to go LOW, and throw down "SQL" to coin a phrase ...

The aeroport should remove most of the chuffing related to having the brahma REALLY turned up, you may hear a little at full potential, but at that point you are seriously putting your ears at risk. I can get them for you for around $20ish each I believe, I suppose if you wanted, I can arrange to toss one in for free if you order a brahma, shouldn't take me very long to get one ordered up and sent out. (I don't have any loose aeroports sitting around, but I can get one relatively fast.)
    They come with a inner tube that is about 16" long I believe, but you can just purchase some PVC pipe to make up for the lack of needed port length.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can I order a brahma from you now? What's your e-mail?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Closed Thread

User Tag List