Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Reload Thread: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    i currently have 2 12' T1 but i was looking at some JL's but what would be similar to a T1 or T2 on the JL brand i looked at the website but i want peoples point of view what they have encountered are they good or bad and why are they better than the Rockford Fosgate or worse? why







  2. #2
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    Personally I don't care for RF at all...




  3. #3
    thevic24's Avatar
    thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    5,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    What are your goals?
    IMO, I do not care for any of the newer Rockford gear.
    As far as the newer JL gear goes, I am a fan of the w6v2 and for what the w1v2's are, they preform rather good as well but are not in the same league as the T1's.



    Silently stalking you through glass....

  4. #4
    RF_toyotaGS300's Avatar
    RF_toyotaGS300 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    why is that?




  5. #5
    thevic24's Avatar
    thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    5,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by RF_toyotaGS300 View Post
    why is that?
    Why is what?



    Silently stalking you through glass....

  6. #6
    RF_toyotaGS300's Avatar
    RF_toyotaGS300 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    i would just like a loud sound quality system i currently have 2 12" T1 running off a T1500 amp it's pretty good i went to a competition in colorado like a year or 2 ago and i finished 4th in my class with a 129 decibel so if i can have a system that has potential to compete but still look and sound good




  7. #7
    RF_toyotaGS300's Avatar
    RF_toyotaGS300 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    why don't you like RF at all? oh sorry that was for WEST




  8. #8
    goingdef's Avatar
    goingdef is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norfolk VA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    wait 129 how the hell man and I say that because I'm running practically the same setup and it's pretty loud 145+ so your doing something wrong.



    electrical: Optima yellow top X 2 big 3 in monster OFC 1/0g high output alt by maniac electrics
    HU: JVC AVX-77 touch screen
    Front stage: RE XXX 6.5" comps
    front stage amp: Rockford T600.2
    subs: 1 Sundown ZV4 12"
    sub amp: Rockford T2500.1BDCP
    Enclosure: ported (by JayDubb757 )

  9. #9
    thevic24's Avatar
    thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    5,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by RF_toyotaGS300 View Post
    i would just like a loud sound quality system i currently have 2 12" T1 running off a T1500 amp it's pretty good i went to a competition in colorado like a year or 2 ago and i finished 4th in my class with a 129 decibel so if i can have a system that has potential to compete but still look and sound good
    129....eew...
    What type of box do you have them in?

    Not bashing but that should do better....I have had single 8's do better in daily set ups.
    I will say this, the install/build is 90% of it.



    Silently stalking you through glass....

  10. #10
    thevic24's Avatar
    thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    5,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by RF_toyotaGS300 View Post
    why don't you like RF at all? oh sorry that was for WEST
    Ah...

    Well for me, I was really into them "back in the day". The gear they have now just dose not compare, IMO, in quality as it use to.
    (preaty much the same for all of the companies now a days...)



    Silently stalking you through glass....

  11. #11
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by RF_toyotaGS300 View Post
    why don't you like RF at all? oh sorry that was for WEST
    I've just never been a fan...
    RF just seems to cut corners whenever they can.
    my 2 cents...




  12. #12
    thevic24's Avatar
    thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    5,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    I've just never been a fan...
    RF just seems to cut corners whenever they can.
    my 2 cents...
    This is off topic...

    But West...this may make you cry but here goes...(I did...)

    I just had an old MC240 tube amp(was my dad's) fully restored by McIntosh for his up coming b-day......
    I get a call from Fedx......I am glad it was insured for FULL replacement value....it got destroyed....
    Waiting on pics of it...



    Silently stalking you through glass....

  13. #13
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    This is off topic...

    But West...this may make you cry but here goes...(I did...)

    I just had an old MC240 tube amp(was my dad's) fully restored by McIntosh for his up coming b-day......
    I get a call from Fedx......I am glad it was insured for FULL replacement value....it got destroyed....
    Waiting on pics of it...
    Jesus Christ. I always reguarded FedEx as one of the better shipping companies. I would have been salty as hell with them. People have those amps for over 20 years and take such good care of them. Then some worthless pos messes it up. I am really sorry to hear that.

    McIntosh labs doen't do restorations, at least last time I checked... Did you send it to George Meyer in Cali?




  14. #14
    thevic24's Avatar
    thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    5,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Jesus Christ. I always reguarded FedEx as one of the better shipping companies. I would have been salty as hell with them. People have those amps for over 20 years and take such good care of them. Then some worthless pos messes it up. I am really sorry to hear that.

    McIntosh labs doen't do restorations, at least last time I checked... Did you send it to George Meyer in Cali?
    No...lol.(to many drinks tonight...) They did recommend him and also Jim McShane....(he is great with the H/K amps) One of Jim's friends did the work.



    Silently stalking you through glass....

  15. #15
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

    Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    No...lol.(to many drinks tonight...) They did recommend him and also Jim McShane....(he is great with the H/K amps) One of Jim's friends did the work.
    Wow... I bet Jim's friend was livid after he busted himself to make it right again.
    Was packaging an issue at all?




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rockford T1000 vs. JL Audio G1700
    By papito in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 12:54 PM
  2. Rockford Fosgate VS Lightning Audio
    By blackhawk in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 09:41 PM
  3. Rockford fosgate vs. Diamond Audio
    By ryanbssc29 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 01:29 AM
  4. The Great Poll!!!: Infinty Vs. Jl Audio!!!
    By ArcaneParadise in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2002, 01:03 AM
  5. Crossfire Vs. JL Audio
    By stereo in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2002, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum