Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Rockford Fosgate vs JL Audio

Quote Originally Posted by jungstah View Post
    yeah i know that theres no straight comparision, but in terms of power handling those are as close as it gets. since a t1 definitely aint similar to no w3 lol
    The t1 can easily be made to be louder then either the 6 or 7 but it will never sound anywhere as good as the w6.

The w6v2 dose have its potential to be a louder sq sub....I ran one for quite a while off of an MTX 81000d.

*If, I were to go with new JL subs, I would only use the W6. IMO, that is the best sub that they have now.
    I kinda want to try out the new W6v3 though......it dose have some improvements over the v2....

Silently stalking you through glass....

RF_toyotaGS300 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

competeting is something i want to do but what i want is the sound quality and just a banging system for a DD and then is i did want to compete that i would be able to compete in my class and do somewhat ok i don't want to destroy everyone that comes across my path....... just a question can you have sound quality subs and SPL subs together or is it one or the other? because when i did that one competition i didn;t know much

xShoWTeKx is offline Drop Bass Not Bombs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RF_toyotaGS300 View Post
    competeting is something i want to do but what i want is the sound quality and just a banging system for a DD and then is i did want to compete that i would be able to compete in my class and do somewhat ok i don't want to destroy everyone that comes across my path....... just a question can you have sound quality subs and SPL subs together or is it one or the other? because when i did that one competition i didn;t know much
    then avoid those 2 brands rockford is meh at best and jl is overpriced for what you get as said above the w6 sound good but there is much louder out there that will sound very very good so save your money and look into something else.

only vid
    http://youtu.be/8NRfhnWAo8o
    mobileaudioforum.com is better than CA.com in every way :o

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

SoundSolutionsAudio's Online car audio store! Best prices, products and customer service. Fast shipping to US, Canada and More!!

as stated before look at some of the brands here all of them would be great options for what you are looking for. there are alot more this is just a good start.

only vid

oldschool4me is offline Premium Member oldschool4me is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

yea i wouldnt buy either of them brands to compete on any level. i dont think they would even make my top 10 list. honestly look around bud. do some reading and research before spending that kind of money.

REF's: Revrider1, Kevinn, darkhunter139, 2002XLT,
    lax916, bad @ss chevy, dropped_mazda, integra88, CRXBMPN, 88irocZ, the franchise, SlainNothing, pootie, khmer rouge, NewAgeKing, thegreatestpenn, oneill584, headless, scoob8000, Blados,ProjectPechkin, Krackerjack, CrownVicon24's, Louisiana_CRX, go_go_thrash, IonSQL, PBateman, ericoutdoorguy, Flomaster, B-roc, RetroAudioinc, ampjunkielikeme, bur1196, integra2468, illbmeubu, j3bus2k3, wgsj_fortvalley, l7runner, Fast1one, +many more
    Ref thread:
    http://caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/286493-oldschool4me-feedback-thread.html
    R.I.P Taylor Lampart (NewAgeKing) 5/13/1988 - 1/24/2010

RF_toyotaGS300 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=xShoWTeKx;8205916]then avoid those 2 brands rockford is meh at best and jl is overpriced for what you get as said above the w6 sound good but there is much louder out there that will sound very very good so save your money and look into something else.[/
    so the idea i pitched is not a good idea? also what brand would you recommend? i have heard sundown audio night shades i believe that is what it was and they thumped

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RF_toyotaGS300 View Post
    just a question can you have sound quality subs and SPL subs together or is it one or the other? because when i did that one competition i didn;t know much
    Well that all has to do with how your build works out, how many subs you use....

In my opinion, (and i've owned/installed literally hundreds of brand of subs) If you wanna not break the bank and still get loud and sound good look into some American Bass XFL's. I've personally seen a pair of the 15's in my team's extreme car do 161 db off of a 3kw amp. Yet they do sound great and get decently loud in a SQ setup. Just 2 cent from a guy who has been in the sport for 20+ years.

At MECA Finals for Kentucky I LOL'ed at this one guys setup he brought.....eight American Bass 6.5" subs in a single cab s10...was doing 143's....looked cool as hell!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

[QUOTE=RF_toyotaGS300;8205928]
    Quote Originally Posted by xShoWTeKx View Post
    then avoid those 2 brands rockford is meh at best and jl is overpriced for what you get as said above the w6 sound good but there is much louder out there that will sound very very good so save your money and look into something else.[/
    so the idea i pitched is not a good idea? also what brand would you recommend? i have heard sundown audio night shades i believe that is what it was and they thumped
    any of them on the link above will do very good i and many other people don't like skar do to their owner being a fucking tool, but check the rest out all very good products.

only vid

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3