Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: Fi subwoofer help?

filtor1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Fi subwoofer help?

Quote Originally Posted by tc300 View Post
    Ive had my Q 18 since 09ish... I've recently heard that their quality has changed a little bit with soft parts...?? And it takes like 3months to get one reconed.... :-/
    How has their quality of soft parts changed? I can't comment on how long it takes to get recones because I don't blow drivers. LOL

tc300 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by filtor1 View Post
    How has their quality of soft parts changed? I can't comment on how long it takes to get recones because I don't blow drivers. LOL
    Quality has changed from what ive heard/read.. I have no personl experiance, tho it did stear me away from buying a blown BL and reconing it...

JoeK is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by filtor1 View Post
    Was it a manufacturing error that caused the leads to break?

You say it would cost $280 for recones through Fi, I am assuming that is for multiple drivers, correct? You can order recones with a traditional or sewn in leads if you specify. Speakers have survived since their inception with a traditional lead. The extreme abuse drivers see in the car audio world cause them to fail more often than not. Driving the speaker past it's mechanical limits to see how loud it goes will make any driver fail. I can say I have run a multitude of Fi built drivers and never had an issue with a lead failing. For that matter I have never had a lead failure from any sub by any manufacturer in my car. Sewn in leads have their own inherent problems too, so it is not safe to assume this design is superior. Each design has its benefits and limitations.
    $280 was the price for one recone done by Fi with shipping. Even free air testing showed the tinsels being put to their test. Free air test was 30W @ 20hz for 5 minutes.

Fi said BL recones have stitched leads, which really angered me. Either way, my Fi is now on classified with a little black, so it was being pushed pretty hard

** NEW VEHICLE AND BUILD ** 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
    2x SPLAudio DAD BD 12s
    2x SK-1500.1s
    Box 5 cubes @ 29hz
    XS Power D3100 & D2400
    Tenney 270A
    4x PowerBass 3xl 6.5s
    Clarion CZ702

filtor1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ouch, I saw the pics. I can see why it was not warrantied. They were cooked. LOL Good luck with the sale.

I looked at their website and the BL recones are $115. That is higher than they were if I am not mistaken. They were $95. So they were charging you $165 for shipping? Or do you mean it was $280 to ship it to them and have them fix it and send it back? I understand you are not happy. Just trying to wrap my head around it.

Fi-brations is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

your running excess of 6000 watts, you better be ready to drop a pretty penny for the electrical, sound deadener? **** ya, your gonna need a Ton of it everywhere (especially the ceiling). For your alternator go with dc power, excessive amperage, or mechman. Your going to need like a 270A or similar size alternator and 2-4 big group 31 batteries. For batteries you have a Lot of brands; xs power, shuriken, deka, kinetik, etc. Sound deaner, you have a ton of brands; Second Skin, Audiotechnix, murdermat, dynamat, sound deadener showdown, etc. (your going to need quite a bit), and make sure u get a lot of 1/0 wiring or larger

04' Maxima Build
    Coming Soon

Xtant 4180c, 2100b For Sale
    Alpine MRV-1507 For Sale
    Business with: davidtemple(x2), infamous_e46, Bettrn'Reverse, splaudio, TaylorFade, Tallc, Louisiana_Crx, RidnClean, b.mena, Mike Burke, Gameovercca, Ram_Designs, Double 07

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3