Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Bazooka Bass Tube Questions

MJS
    MJS is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Bazooka Bass Tube Questions

I'm pretty happy with the 450 watt premium "Dimension" audio system that came with my new Hyundai and I do not wish to devote much space or money to upgrading it. However, I think a powered subwoofer like the 100 or 250 watt 8" Bazooka tube may be a nice addition. Opinions?

I noticed the 250 watt Bazooka tube comes with a "Class D" amplifier instead of a "2-channel" amplifier. Assuming I keep my audio system's stock amplifier, would the 250 watt subwoofer tube be overkill? According to the Bazooka website, the Class D amplifier allows you to connect a second non-amplified subwoofer to double the bass output. If I do not use a second subwoofer, would the "Class D" amplifier still have some advantage over a similar wattage "2-channel" amplifier?

I'm leaning toward the 8" subwoofer tube which I think would fit snugly under the front dashboard on the passenger side. The Bazooka website says their tubes are optimized for placement in corners. Would it sound crappy if the speaker end was touching (or almost touching) a hard plastic surface? Does the tube need to be bolted/screwed securely to steel or will it still sound good cradled in foam (to prevent vibration noise) as long as the speaker is facing a hard solid surface?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MJS; 09-12-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: addition

Hjbennett is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Bazooka Bass Tube Questions

What type of Hyundai do you have? I've got a 2011 Sonata and added The 10" D and connected a passive 10" bazooka to it and placed both in the trunk. Over 2 weeks I had to send the amped tube back twice for repairs. Second time, I told em to keep it and return my money. I replaced it with a 300watt kicker amp and a 12" kicker subwoofer. Completely different sound. Bazooka will give you a thumping bass. A sub will give you a complete bass experience. with the bazooka when the bass hit it sounded good. With a sub there's always bass. Hope that makes sense.

and how big is your under-dash on your passenger side? Dunno how this will fit there.

jteske88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i had a tube in a trans am install with monsoon, never had a complaint but they just dont sound right to me. but it is all based on who is listening to it.

MJS
    MJS is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Assuming the '10" D' is a Bazooka product, sounds like you got a bad one. The models I'm looking at seem to have good customer reviews. I do not doubt that your 12" sub with 300 Watt amp sounds better though!

I have a Veloster. The 10" 250 watt Bazooka tube is probably the top of the range of subwoofer options I would consider. Their 8" tube would fit snugly under the dash, which I'm worried would hurt the sound quality; it would also fit well behind the passenger seat. The Bazooka 10" tube would have to go in the back of the hatch, taking valuable trunk space.

Closed Thread