Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Re: Somebody buy me this...

@Spooney ;

2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    689 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I seent it

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

AwesomeStranger is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

:d

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    689 Post(s)

Any news with these?

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

The 10s were cheaper a few weeks before this was posted. They must have caught on that people were buying them... I'm thinking the were under 40 shipped at first.

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

05fronty is online now SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1286 Post(s)

wish they made dual 2's, i'd try 4 of the 12's

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

Spooney is offline Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

I bought one of the 10's with the cast aluminum basket a couple weeks ago and the ****** died on me in 5 minutes on rated power. Coil still looked minty so I am assuming it was the connection where the woven tinsel leads met the coil leads that failed. They gave me the run around for a bit asking for a video showing them what was wrong with the sub(really? A video to show a non functional subwoofer) but they did send a replacement which I just got. I heard some guys on caco say that it is a must that you break these subs in but after that they are solid which I find hard to believe. At any rate I did break in the replacement a bit but have yet to put it back into the car.

On first inspection there are quite a few decent features on this sub. The foam surround is fairly thick and is stitched onto the cone. Cone is paper and is thicker than I expected on this cheapy sub. The spider looks to be 8 inches in diameter and is held down by a bolt down ring. Very stiff suspension on this sub considering its power handling. I've had subs rated for twice this power with looser suspensions. From what I can see through the under spider vents on the sub the coil appears to have plenty of wire on it to handle the rated power of the sub ( 500 watts rms, coil is 2.5 inches on this one) . Plenty of cooling on this driver as well. It has under spider vents in the basket, a pole vent, and voice coil gap vents

The basket appears to be a knockoff of the 12 spoke basket we are all used to. It seems to be a bit thinner than other baskets that I have here. Also the spokes protrude out underneath the mounting lip a bit so the mounting flange is not a consistent width all the way around the driver. On every other basket I have here the spokes aren't protruding into the mounting lip at all so it is a consistent width all the way around. Not really a big deal as there is still plenty of mounting flange to secure the driver but it goes to show that the basket although very similar is not the same as other 12 spoke frames. If the driver fails again I plan on tearing it apart to see if the bolt pattern for the motor is standard to accommodate different motors or if its custom to this driver.

I will be sure to chime back in and let everybody know how the sub holds up when I do get it back into the car. I plan on running another round of 20 Hz test tones through it at a bit higher power level to break it in a tad more before running it in the car again.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    689 Post(s)

Cool, thanks for the write-up @Spooney ;

I still want to get one but don't feel like dropping the cash on them yet. lol I wouldn't mind beating on one though.

Courage68 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i got the two of these 10's in my car now .

Keep in mind this is in a 97 Firebird . Very small hatch space and its my Daily Driver so i had to keep the box as minimal as possible while still being able to store a couple things in the hatch.

Twin 0.75cft cambers tuned to 34hz /w 1/2lb poly And being juiced by 300w each.

And i got to tell you guys. I was taken off guard with the amount of output especially for the size box and wattage there receiving.

Courage68 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Couldn't post a link in #1 post so i had to double post"

Any who, I did a quick 1m video with my POS phone. Sadly i forgot my SDCard in my gopro at home so i wasn't able to record on the camera i brought with me.

Bah , wont let me do it , guess i need a good number of posts , just add the below code to youtube . com

/watch?v=EPLy-cQgW3Q
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Somebody buy me this...-_mg_0848_zps605290ef.jpg  

Spooney is offline Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spooney View Post
    I bought one of the 10's with the cast aluminum basket a couple weeks ago and the ****** died on me in 5 minutes on rated power. Coil still looked minty so I am assuming it was the connection where the woven tinsel leads met the coil leads that failed. They gave me the run around for a bit asking for a video showing them what was wrong with the sub(really? A video to show a non functional subwoofer) but they did send a replacement which I just got. I heard some guys on caco say that it is a must that you break these subs in but after that they are solid which I find hard to believe. At any rate I did break in the replacement a bit but have yet to put it back into the car.

On first inspection there are quite a few decent features on this sub. The foam surround is fairly thick and is stitched onto the cone. Cone is paper and is thicker than I expected on this cheapy sub. The spider looks to be 8 inches in diameter and is held down by a bolt down ring. Very stiff suspension on this sub considering its power handling. I've had subs rated for twice this power with looser suspensions. From what I can see through the under spider vents on the sub the coil appears to have plenty of wire on it to handle the rated power of the sub ( 500 watts rms, coil is 2.5 inches on this one) . Plenty of cooling on this driver as well. It has under spider vents in the basket, a pole vent, and voice coil gap vents

The basket appears to be a knockoff of the 12 spoke basket we are all used to. It seems to be a bit thinner than other baskets that I have here. Also the spokes protrude out underneath the mounting lip a bit so the mounting flange is not a consistent width all the way around the driver. On every other basket I have here the spokes aren't protruding into the mounting lip at all so it is a consistent width all the way around. Not really a big deal as there is still plenty of mounting flange to secure the driver but it goes to show that the basket although very similar is not the same as other 12 spoke frames. If the driver fails again I plan on tearing it apart to see if the bolt pattern for the motor is standard to accommodate different motors or if its custom to this driver.

I will be sure to chime back in and let everybody know how the sub holds up when I do get it back into the car. I plan on running another round of 20 Hz test tones through it at a bit higher power level to break it in a tad more before running it in the car again.

Small update on this sub. Got the new one installed and took it very easy on it for about two weeks. Sub doesnt sound very good right out of the box but the more it loosens up the smoother it sounds and the lower it gets. Output is respectable for sure. Last night I wired the sub down to 2 ohms and have been beating on it here and there throughout the day and so far so good. Just keeps getting lower and louder and is handling more than rated power. I will check back in next week and let you guys know how its doing.

martiandancer31 is offline Front Towards Enemy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    298 Post(s)

well, at least you know you're getting "A" stock with these....unlike some other companies around here

mrmitchell is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

I bought 4 and they have been holding up the 2 months Ive had them in my car. Powered by 2 brz1700s

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5